Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
'One of the great storytelling studios'
nice April Fool's bait :P:D

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Wrong popular game(it was back then) they decided to make a doc on.

I'd rather watch da melancholic road to eternity again than that shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
LoL even the dumb retards like this dude think of the game as mediocre shit. Also that guy is really dumb lol,he spends 10 minutes sperging about his health shit that nobody cares about,then says that the writing is good and funny....then goes on shitting on witcher 3 because he could follow a conversation and at the moment is calling tyranny genius lol nigga,that is full on retard that haven't read a single book in their life buahahahahahahaha.

Ahhh i remember something similar,it is very possible,i mean,he is pretty dumb bastard. He was going on about how old fallout games are great because combat was hard or some similar shit. Also watching him plat feels like watching 80 year old dad that doesn't get modern tech,play fucking doom 2 lol.
While i somewhat agree with the sentiment, must you be so fucking obnoxious and retarded? Every post of yours feels like it would fit 2009s youtube comment section.

Anyway, i havent even so much as pirated this shit. But now im glad i just stayed as far away from it as possible.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL even the dumb retards like this dude think of the game as mediocre shit. Also that guy is really dumb lol,he spends 10 minutes sperging about his health shit that nobody cares about,then says that the writing is good and funny....then goes on shitting on witcher 3 because he could follow a conversation and at the moment is calling tyranny genius lol nigga,that is full on retard that haven't read a single book in their life buahahahahahahaha.

Ahhh i remember something similar,it is very possible,i mean,he is pretty dumb bastard. He was going on about how old fallout games are great because combat was hard or some similar shit. Also watching him plat feels like watching 80 year old dad that doesn't get modern tech,play fucking doom 2 lol.
While i somewhat agree with the sentiment, must you be so fucking obnoxious and retarded? Every post of yours feels like it would fit 2009s youtube comment section.

Anyway, i havent even so much as pirated this shit. But now im glad i just stayed as far away from it as possible.
And how about you stop being a pretentious wannabe bourgeoisie.

Yosharian

Arcane
More likely to earn a university degree: are you for real right now? You're not this dumb. You know this statistic is meaningless. Women obviously prefer degrees in fields like Sociology, Nursing and so on, that doesn't make them more competent than men, a fucking trained donkey could complete some of these 'degrees'.

Putting aside the red pill stuff, Sociology is a shit degree in bullshitting (I know, I have one) but Nursing degrees take a good amount of effort. My wife's a nurse and those A&P classes were no joke, and the clinicals were running her ragged. Also men get a ton of degrees in bullshitting too, like most business and management shit. College itself is mostly a joke across the board, let's be honest. Stuff like nursing is actually in the handful of degrees that teach you actual, real skills.
I don't mean to belittle the hard work of nurses, and I admit my comment about trained donkeys was more in reference to sociology degrees than nursing degrees. So I misspoke there, my bad. Nevertheless my broader point was that looking purely at the number of university degrees being earned is not in any way a solid foundation on which to build an argument about competence, and while nursing is not an easy profession, it's certainly not as difficult as something like brain surgery or physics - what are the stats on women vs men in those professions, again?

Also please don't even try to compare a business course to a sociology course, they might both be degrees in bullshitting but I know which one has actual real-world applications in terms of competence.

Bottom line is when it comes to the most challenging careers, men are still annihilating women in the stats despite women having every advantage and in fact more advantage than men these days. So you can stick your arguments about women being more competent up your arses, and Obsidian writers can do the same with their so-called 'empowered' female characters.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
This could be a negative just as easily as a positive

5a0d7bbd399ece2a70ade234abb11e96.jpg

That's exactly the point I was trying to make.
No it wasn't. You were arguing that women are more competent than men. Competence is not a negative thing.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Tim and Leonard being proud about this turd called ToW feels like watching a supra-realist movie gone wrong.

They have absolutely no idea that ToW success happened because of Microsoft instead of the game's qualities.

Or maybe they know and now they are doing marketing for ToW2 ... which will be written by the same female SJW monkeys.

Yeah, they can release a 120 min documentary. I'm not watching that shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Bottom line is when it comes to the most challenging careers, men are still annihilating women in the stats despite women having every advantage and in fact more advantage than men these days. So you can stick your arguments about women being more competent up your arses, and Obsidian writers can do the same with their so-called 'empowered' female characters.

I'd agree with that, though we'd probably disagree on how much the cause is social versus natural.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That's like the third time someone's posted that video on here and I still have zero desire to watch some random asshole rant about the game for 40 fucking minutes.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's like the third time someone's posted that video on here and I still have zero desire to watch some random asshole rant about the game for 40 fucking minutes.
are you this thread's retarded fanboy?

I watched it and I bet it was a more interesting experience than this game would've ever been.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is this thing worth getting to support Tim and Leon? Or is it something to avoid lest I get crushed from disappointment?
It's a game that is there. You can choose your stats, pick dialogue options, have a few different people try to kill you based on what you said, mostly kill a thousand people who are wandering raiders for no reason, and otherwise click on lots of things and watch them die. If that's what you expect, and that's all you expect, you won't be disappointed.

ironmask

Arbiter
I can never get into a game's story or world building when it tries too hard to be funny or whacky. It's one of the problems I had with F2. But at least F2 still had some good writing for me to take it seriously some what. I can't say the same for the outer worlds.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So is this thing worth getting to support Tim and Leon? Or is it something to avoid lest I get crushed from disappointment?

It's a dramatically scaled down New Vegas with worse writing. Gameplay is devoid of challenge because of too many items and abilities. It's still enjoyable if you love the genre, but pretty disappointing. Positives are a good setup and decent atmosphere, with a unique setting and some decent choice and consequence. While the writing is iffy it can be pretty funny. One of the planets is a decent open world. Also to be fair, they always said it was smaller in scale.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How's the atmosphere? Is the shootingplay better than FONV?

Atmosphere is... well... colorful. Pretty good IMO actually.
Shooting is WAY better then FONV!

But overall... its pretty bland and got tedious. Itemization is bad, character development pretty uninspired.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How's the atmosphere? Is the shootingplay better than FONV?
I found the overall atmosphere cartoonish and grating. Unfortunately, the whole conceit of corporate employees being forced to sign over their entire lives, mortgage their first born, contractually required to constantly spout slogans, 37 pieces of flair ... it just isn't funny. It's been done, it's been done better, and here it's relentless. I got sick really fast of the neon signs advertising all the little stores on the space station. There are like a dozen stores, every store with another hilariously exploited and/or brainwashed employee. I hope there weren't any good missions hidden in there because after talking to the first one or two I walked past the rest. It's just a dull theme.

Combat satisfactorily does the job of giving you something to do in between conversations, but I never got excited about it on its own merits. Also, looting bodies seems kind of buggy, like targeting corpses for interaction doesn't work sometimes. So often combat is immediately followed by a moment of annoyance, which conditioned me to find the idea of combat irritating.

Slaver1

Savant
Avoid to prevent certain disappointment. Tim & Leon's imprint on this meaningless product is invisible. If you have to check it out for yourself use Gamepass I guess.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tim and Leonard being proud about this turd called ToW feels like watching a supra-realist movie gone wrong.

They have absolutely no idea that ToW success happened because of Microsoft instead of the game's qualities.

Or maybe they know and now they are doing marketing for ToW2 ... which will be written by the same female SJW monkeys.

Yeah, they can release a 120 min documentary. I'm not watching that shit.
De mortuis nil nisi bonum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom