Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Waiting for a big RPG

JoonaAhonen

Prospernaut
Shitposter
I just came here and it's good to be in this safe haven of true RPGs. I can't wait to get my hands on TES VI (continuation to Skyrim) or Starfield. I'm not too sure about the next Fallout though. I won't let it stay unspoken like some blind fanboy would: Fallout 76 wasn't really much of an RPG. I would go as far as to say it wasn't an RPG at all. It really lacked the Bethesda-level worldbuilding and the interesting storytelling they're known for amongst RPG fans. Let me know what you think about the future of RPG games in the comments down below.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
How refreshing! I think future RPG games will be about playing a role. In a game that rolls dice (with a computer), for players to play.
That sounds pretty hardcore. I like the idea of using dice though. That's pretty clever.

Black Angel

Arcane
Big?
all_steam.gif

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This reminds me of that time when a friend of mine, who said his favorite game was Fallout, came over to my house, saw me playing Fallout 1 and asked me what the fuck was that horrible game.

Goromorg

Savant
This reminds me of that time when a friend of mine, who said his favorite game was Fallout, came over to my house, saw me playing Fallout 1 and asked me what the fuck was that horrible game.
Did you put him out of his misery?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I hope we'll get any news about SMT5 somewhen soon and they won't turn it into Persona with Satan.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm looking forward to see the next fallout game, just to see how much Bethesda can screw up.

Gaylord III

Literate
I hope we'll get any news about SMT5 somewhen soon and they won't turn it into Persona with Satan.
Tell me about it. Persona puts me off mostly because of the social sim elements (tried 1 and 2 but couldn't get into them) although SMT could use some more fleshing out as far as character development. I usually play the mainline games for the dungeon crawling, demon breeding etc. I don't know why Atlus insists on reducing the characters to mouthpieces for the individual alignments.

On topic, I'd like to see RPGs tackle mature themes and provide insightful social commentary as opposed to glorifying the current year's blue-check opinion makers. Of course, there should be room for silliness because otherwise it would be too niche.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom