Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Zanzoken

Arcane
Whoever decided that tournament combatants should wear their own armor is a fuckwit. When you don't have a level playing field it defeats the purpose of tourneys being a test of skill.

Funposter

Arcane
Whoever decided that tournament combatants should wear their own armor is a fuckwit. When you don't have a level playing field it defeats the purpose of tourneys being a test of skill.

This is why you don't enter tournaments in places that prioritize infantry combat (Empire, Battania). In Vlandia there's a much better chance of being put on a horse and being able to cheese the AI.

deuxhero

Arcane
Went to war with the Aesari, then wanted peace after the other factions warring on them declared peace. I was surprised to learn the AI didn't want me to offer anything to accept peace like they did earlier. Seems they now take into account how horribly you're kicking their ass when you ask for peace. May also account for the value of prisoners in your party (had a lord who was head of a clan) and recent victories (beat him with half the men he had and only 6 deaths). Whatever the cause, it's better than Warband's system where kicking their ass soundly made them as a faction hate you more and be unwilling to make peace.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
If you have a mixture, then unplug your HDD and see if that fixes the problem (if you have the relevant stuff on the SSD).
This was the first thing I tried, but when I disconnected the HDD I wasn't able to set any kind of swap file on the SSD, and the game was crashing because there was no paging file. Then I reconnected my HDD again and didn't research it any more.

Now I gave it another try and it turned out I wasn't able to set a paging file size on the SSD because it needed errors repaired. I actually had to run ScanDisk on the SSD before I was able to set a paging file on it.

Now I can finally play normally, by disconnecting my HDD so the game doesn't use it for memory paging. The game is much better when it runs smoothly.

What you read about the game just reserving space and filling up indefinetly, was apparently correct. I played for 70 minutes with an SSD swap file of min 4 - max 8 GB from the SSD, and I never had a crash.

Great! Just a workaround, but at least you can enjoy the game now.

Just in case you have the time to spare, could you try to play with your HDD connected now (since the page file is on the SSD)?
I'd like to know if Windows/your BIOS defaults to the HDD for the page file again in spite of your settings. Don't have an SSD myself so I can't try, unfortunately.

Dakka

Savant
<BodyProperties version="4" age="22.75" weight="0.1204" build="0.3519" key="002824070000045986E8C86763DA8697ADB67A3728C26792BE215E998D787B260005260300937B8800000000000000000000000000000000000000007C043002" />

I made a short dude with a high pitched voice and a big beard. I'm keeping this here for future reference. I think you gotta have Detailed Character Creation to use this but idk.

I thought it was funny.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
<BodyProperties version="4" age="22.75" weight="0.1204" build="0.3519" key="002824070000045986E8C86763DA8697ADB67A3728C26792BE215E998D787B260005260300937B8800000000000000000000000000000000000000007C043002" />

I made a short dude with a high pitched voice and a big beard. I'm keeping this here for future reference. I think you gotta have Detailed Character creation to use this but idk.

I thought it was funny.
I wanted to make mongolian meme from russia but by accident i made some native north american.
04Q21ba.jpg

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
The fief distribution system is argh - the enemy captures my castle, I conquer it back and who gets it? Some rando who was not involved. I didn't even see a voting.
Seems medieval alright.

Also if the game is aiming to achieve CK2 style gameplay that takes place over generations
Seeing how I go, I can't really see taking over the entire map in more that one character's lifetime. Maybe if I went for a permadeath LARP, but then I'd just not take part in battles, which would just be boring. Also, wifes seem to spawn children every few months no mater under what circumstances either one of you are, so...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, wifes seem to spawn children every few months no mater under what circumstances either one of you are, so...
As long as you and your wife both have blue eyes and the child doesn't have dark eyes, no one will notice... ;)

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Also, wifes seem to spawn children every few months no mater under what circumstances either one of you are, so...
As long as you and your wife both have blue eyes
Not really a Khuzait trait though.
"Why does my Mongolian wife keep on getting pregnant!?"

Must be all that horse semen.
Must be the will of Tengri, further proving my holy claim to this land, duh.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried multiplayer. The Warband meta seems to be intact. Two-hander rules all. Light armor and two-hander and just spam. I had some cool duels though, but I don't think multi is for me at all in this game.

Aemar

Arcane
8659ACBACE64BDE65F8E3619ECAD1B3FBD058207
48A654F1DAE3A2099D6CF6DAF4CF9C667BBFE7A7

A guide to soloing (mainly bandits, except the ones from the steppes)

- (realistic damage, naturally)
- I believe wielding a proper two hander is the only way to solo enemies while on foot
- two handers can hit more than one enemy with a single swing
- upgrade your Two-Hander and Athletics skills
- the best weapons for this must be either the Northern Decorative Axe or the Heavy Executioner's Axe
- stay light when it comes to armour
- choose your battles wisely
- for tactical purposes you can engage the enemy around villages, so you can battle them directly in that settlement instead of the wilderness
- if you fight them in the wilderness then make sure to take cover behind a tree until they get near you, to avoid arrows and thrown projectiles

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Execution simulator :P Am I the only one executing every lord I capture? I think Batanians got 6-7 already destroyed clans in my current game. More coming!

Hellion

Arcane
Started a new game, made a name for myself in tournaments, got married to a Vlandian noblewoman, decided it was time to acquire a fief. Since I wanted to go with the "unite the Empire" storyline, I thought it best to acquire a former Imperial city.

Vlandians are at war with the Battanians, who occupy Lageta, a former western Imperial city. Perfect, I thought, let's become a Vlandian vassal, fight for Lageta, and hope they award it to me.

All is going according to plan, King Herpderp amasses a yuge army of 700+, I join in, we start riding towards Lageta...

...then suddenly, the sandpeople swoop in and capture it first.

rd0TGOx.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game looks suspiciously like Skyrim at times. Those rocks...
DdGjYLx.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom