Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life lessons games taught you

Silva

Arcane
1. "Beware of he who denies you information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master".

-Pravin Lal, Sid Meier Alpha Centauri.

brotherlal-e1436310661696.png

2. "When Lhankor Mhy the wise arrives, his way is blocked by foreigners who insist he undergo a Meeting Test with them. "I name one skill, and we compete against each other in that skill. Then you name a skill, and we compete with each other in that skill."

What does Lhankor Mhy do?
  1. Fight them.
  2. Leave the realm of the gods.
  3. Run around them.
  4. Try to win both contests.
  5. Try to lose both contests.
  6. Try to win one contest and lose the other."
- Lhankor Mhy, King of Dragon Pass.

Thank you, Brother Lal and Lhankor Mhy. You're true bros.
:love:

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher
That one hot lady in Forge in Underrail taught me that there're no hot MILFs in my area that want to fuck.

Playing Underrail: Expedition taught me how disastrous are locust attacks and how hard is to protect your crops from them.

Morrowind taught me how powerful money can be when you want to get new friends. There was also that part about deadly diseases from the East that nobody cares about until it's too late.

Finally New Vegas taught me to let go of the past and begin again.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nothing specific jumps out at me but I played games like Fallout when I was a teen and I think they helped me see the world as more grey, rather than the black and white lessons my parents and teachers pushed on me.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Games have taught me to hoard items and not to use them even against the final boss. I plan to live my live like this, not to do anything that makes me happy until I die.

Semiurge

Cipher
Skyrim taught me how to master the blade and how to look after my family.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom