Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You get Billy, if he dies - Mason, then Halston, then Vasquez if you accept his offer. If they all die, you're on your own.

Strange, I refused from help - and later noticd Billy and Mason together standing near shop.

Were you able to speak to them and recruit them? I could see myself wanting Mason first, or better yet recruit both of them.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BUG REPORT:

The "shift" button comparison on the inventory system isn't working right.

I have Mason and Halston. When I press "I" for inventory and then select my main character, and then mouse over the new assault rifle I found (Howler) and press shift... it compares it to Halston's gun, not mine.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 107

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Can't install subdermal implant. Machhine says it was installed but when I go to inventory it's still there.

It seems I didn't meet the CON requirements, but the machine would tell me it was successfully installed.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
This is an extremely surface level nit pick but I was surprised by how puny the bulldog sounded compared to the rounder. The latter is just fantastic, the former sounds like a peashooter. Granted I suppose it might be more realistic that a makeshift gun sounds louder, if that was the intent behind it, but the bulldog is far less full-sounding if that makes sense.

We are still not done with the revolver sounds, rounder is the only one with a proper one =)

I'm a little unclear on how recruiting works. I got Billy from the Chief Judge, and then when he died in the subsequent battle I go the hammer man. Would I have gotten the hammer man anyway (bringing my team total to 3 including myself)? If that's the case I would try hard to keep him alive. I want to get a dream team of 4 people so I can just dunk on every idiot the Chief Judge sends against me.

Strange, I refused from help - and later noticd Billy and Mason together standing near shop.

You can get them both, Vince was recalling from the older builds.

jackofshadows

Magister
Fenix I was saying that the game recognizes cover as a ballistic obstacle. When enemy is behind the crate the chances to hit his head are almost the same as without cover (or even the same) while aiming his legs in that case would be extremely difficult.

Trash Player

Scholar
There are also wrong text in the DR overview. Smoke grenades have 0s in ranged penalty in tooltip.

Finished with a shotty captain. Pretty much what Shadenaut said. Hypermobile pieces on a chess board that matters, yes. Does not feel like a gunfight but that is fine to me.
Retains more or less the same strength and weakness AoD have. Variance is higher with reactionary fire abound and finer locational DR. Gradient to-hit eases superhero or glass cannon problem somewhat.

Deleted Member 22431

Retains more or less the same strength and weakness AoD have.
If that is true, why do I keep dying? Why do I have to worry about toggling the reaction button of specific weapons? Why do I have to worry about every single detail? Learn by use system make things much harder.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Protip: don't rely on grenades too much because as far as I've seen, they don't re-stock in stores, and at some point you'll have none left just when you need them the most

:negative:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is an extremely surface level nit pick but I was surprised by how puny the bulldog sounded compared to the rounder. The latter is just fantastic, the former sounds like a peashooter. Granted I suppose it might be more realistic that a makeshift gun sounds louder, if that was the intent behind it, but the bulldog is far less full-sounding if that makes sense.

We are still not done with the revolver sounds, rounder is the only one with a proper one =)

I'm a little unclear on how recruiting works. I got Billy from the Chief Judge, and then when he died in the subsequent battle I go the hammer man. Would I have gotten the hammer man anyway (bringing my team total to 3 including myself)? If that's the case I would try hard to keep him alive. I want to get a dream team of 4 people so I can just dunk on every idiot the Chief Judge sends against me.

You can get them both, Vince was recalling from the older builds.

Elhoim, can you make the minigun sound like T2? Please ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41J1nbFABgk&t=132s For reference. You have to sample/ soundboard that minigun sound and put it in the game!I will buy 100 copies, I swear...

Sound design (especially combat) is KEY to a good gaem boys, remember ;)

Deleted Member 22431

Protip: don't rely on grenades too much because as far as I've seen, they don't re-stock in stores, and at some point you'll have none left just when you need them the most
Been there. My personal rule is that if you need grenades before the 5th fight, your build sucks or you are not playing right.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been there. My personal rule is that if you need grenades before the 5th fight, your build sucks or you are not playing right.

Also, only use them when you really need them. If you can survive a fight without grenades, do it without them, because you'll wish you hadn't used them 3 fights later.

Deleted Member 22431

Also, only use them when you really need them. If you can survive a fight without grenades, do it without them, because you'll wish you hadn't used them 3 fights later.
The problem is that if your build sucks or you are not playing it right, you will "need" them. VD will be called the antichrist when this thing is released on steam.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
By the way, how do smoke grenades work exactly ?

I tried them twice but i'm not quite sure, who exactly get THC debuffs ?
- Anyone inside the smoke cloud ? (wether they shoot inside or outside)
- Anyone outside trying to shoot inside ?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Were you able to speak to them and recruit them?

Yes, but it was after first three or four fights.

Fenix I was saying that the game recognizes cover as a ballistic obstacle. When enemy is behind the crate the chances to hit his head are almost the same as without cover (or even the same) while aiming his legs in that case would be extremely difficult.

Cool, realistic mechanics! I didn't think it would be like that, I though itwil be some dull bonus like in Shadowrun - luckily its Vince&Co/Irontower people!

steam only
:negative:

I'll try to pitch it on rutracker for that reason.

Deleted Member 22431

The effect kicks in when attacker's line of fire intersects smoke tiles.
In other words, you need to use them grenades to protect yourself as cover and leave them if you want better THC.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Killed everything with shotgun. Pump shotgun I don't know why it's in the shop when you are getting more barrels by the minute up to 10 rounds in magazine in that rusty mutie gun. I don't like how straightforward last fights are. PreElevator is basically trash fight, you're placed 3 hexes near enemy, 0 cover but they're so weak they might as well not exist. The elevator ambush would be ok as intermideate fight or if you fail some sort of check but again, super straightforward - 3 hexes near enemy so it's again stat check, not very tacticool. But by that point you're so loaded on op shield gear it's not hard in particular.

If it's supposed to be combatretard challenge hurr shoot them all; then arena should be bigger and there should be more enemies and space to run around.

The shield gen is p op since it almost doubles your hp. The stealth gen is good but I think there's some bugs with it: animation is ugly static looking and turns me into turd man or green man or other man; I seem to be able to target enemy with it on if I have sam fisher goggles by 1 char, but another char with same setup (100% goggles) can't; and shouldn't being invisible give you some +acc or crit bonus against enemies who can't see you?

Then again it's sorta op anyway, may enemy could roll a perception check for every attack against enemies with it or something.

also I want more explanations and formulas on char screen. stuff like what armor pen does and how it rolls. and I want to see all shooting modes and ap costs on the gun when I buy it.

also I want different ammunition, especially AP could be good for shotguns and smgs, and hollowpoint for more damage per 1 shot for rifles. lategame EMP ammunition and some sort of shield breaker bullets would be cool. even if there would be 1 bullet on sale for 500 creds in random encounter u need to get with 11 perception. even if you can't craft anything maybe allow crafting bullets from 1-use junk tables like in Fallout Sonora or even crafting weapons from 1 rare quest parts like, again, in Fallout Sonora.

in terms of stat balance and my 11 11 per dex runs, maybe STR could compensate for penatly to acc on shooting modes like 2 shot and burst, not as a feat, but actual formula, for more build fine tuning. I think it needs something. CON not sure, sure it gives implants, but maybe it could have some better perks and help with armor too. it's strange when one feat can give you +10hp and cap crit at 5% but loads of con, well, doesn't give you any immediate benefits as far as moar accuracy combat is concerned. raw hp doesn't seem to provide an edge compared to AoD due to guns and party.

and come on, let STR give some +acc for melee weapons, at least hammers maybe?

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Possible bug: sometimes when starting convo with the arena master, the window doesn't register any keyboard input. It's only after I click any dialogue option inside with the mouse that I can start choosing them with kb numbers again.

Found a small discrepancy:
20200416110537-1.jpg

It's actually consuming 4AP, by the way.

Shadenuat

Arcane
it doesn't take ap to activate and still gives u 2 dr. which means instead of 1 burst you can now do 2 opening bursts. and then another shot cause +6 ap on kill etc. and enemies are not strong (or smart?) enough to remove 80 hp/turn.

anything that feeds into action economy of the party is pure power.

frankly, in the real game, I think it would be better if all gadgets were on battery resource management, Underrail style. unless they're ridiculously rare in the world. I in particular dislike GITS-shield, because it helps against all attacks; the standard shield at least locks you out of melee etc.
and even for standard shield, fact that you can move with it still seems weird to me, a hex-placed directional shields would be a lot more tacticool. but at least that one cancels melee n stuff.
it is still not as tacticool as velocity-based shields in Underrail tho. maybe some weapons could have a natural bonus against shields? like long rifles etc.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom