Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

Essegi

Cipher
Ok, i'm retarded, at fourth match i discovered that you gain feats and can allocate it... Started with pistol/shotgun... Now retring with rifle/shotgun and some more con... Enjoying a lot so far!

I guess this has been already reported but in doubt i'll post the same, i don't know if it's just me but when i compare stuff on inventory they're compared to the last character that equipped something. In that case 1st char is highlighted but second was the last one to equip something and is used as reference.

tpQFe1A.jpg

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
no you don't. u need same dex and per and splash of others for a fancy feat u want.

that's actually a weakness of binary system present in the demo where your ability to act and land hits depends on 2 king stats.
So, Dex, Per, and Con. And then you have to add some to Str for a melee build. That makes 4.
For a ranged build, you are pretty much set with just the former 3, aren't you?

Shadenuat

Arcane
5-6 con. optimal for implants. same amount you play when playing ranged.

I played 6 str melee. I am not going to make daring experiments but, technically, having 4 str would not change anything in my build afaik

Tigranes

Arcane
no you don't. u need same dex and per and splash of others for a fancy feat u want.

that's actually a weakness of binary system present in the demo where your ability to act and land hits depends on 2 king stats.
So, Dex, Per, and Con. And then you have to add some to Str for a melee build. That makes 4.
For a ranged build, you are pretty much set with just the former 3, aren't you?

I agree that melee builds require a wider spread of stats. I will say that a STR-dumped or CON-dumped melee character is absolutely viable to win the demo with.

I also wonder if the 'combat attributes' like STR are going to have a big non-combat role to play, in which case it changes the equation a fair bit for the full game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think it's harder to come up with "cool non combat roles to play" for Strength than say Perception, and then Dexterity means sneak and their stealth system. As a DM how often you make players perception check and how often a strength one?

STR needs to affect more things on systemic level.

And CON, I find whereas in AoD sometimes I think "this fight I can totally win with just 5.95 extra hp", CSG demo doesn't seem to work like that.

Also I think its super perk should be just implant; and actual perk has to do something with implants like removing their negative things (the "Cyborg" build).

also some early game heavier armor I think would be nice. it can be trash with many penalties which only high str char can wear but at least it would make it more interesting since now heavy armor you only begin getting in last fights. maybe consider adding shields atom-style as well?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Based on the kind of damage I finish the first 5 fights with, I guess I could sacrifice a point or two of Constitution.

Trash Player

Scholar
Low Str melee build would be much better if there are not so many Tough Bastards running around. I suppose one can do a headstabber build for Per damage and evasion stacking.

Some random observed things:
1. Double shot doesn't count as burst, snapfire doesn't count as fast attack.
2. Pistol can only snapfire in melee. Some other gun attacks have minimum range.
3. Weapon stats are all over the place. Progression is kinda a mess.
4. Power attack is actually good this time around.
5. Penetration rounds down at ~0.7, so it is better than it looks. Sharpshooter is the currently only feat that can boost this, it works on non-aimed attacks, too.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Nick , I just got a crash with a dialog box just saying "Fatal error!" and an Ok button. Are there any logs that I can send you guys?

UE4 doesn't write logs in release builds :negative: I don't know wtf they were thinking, lots of developers on their forums ask this too.
I'm still thinking about the best way to process crash reports. Fortunately, they seem to be extremely rare. In fact, that's probably the first one reported since testers started playing.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The demo has been updated:

Gameplay

- Tweaked combat start area, allowing more distance and cover positions.
- Tweaked 7AP rifle damage, they have +1/+2 min damage. Bolter has +5 THC.
- Toothpick now has 10 penetration.
- Fixed issue with gladiator feat (CS and graze values were swapped).

UI

- Pressing TAB highlights interactive objects.
- Hovering over interactive objects highlights them.
- Added cursor for when you hover over a cloaked enemy.
- Added tooltip for the swap weapon button, including the hotkey reference.
- Improved visuals of several screens.
- Added hotkey hint to attacks.
- Now showing AP cost on main panel belt slots for all usable items.
- Fixed wrong tooltip on stats in the inv screen.
- Fixed item price description (gives the value of 1 unit instead of stack).
- Fixed smoke grenades having no ranged THC penalty in the tooltip.

Visuals

- Improved Arena lighting.
- Fixed glitching smoke and poison overlap.

Improvements

- Added enviromental descriptions.
- Added new hairstyle.
- Added Tanner in the bar.

Changes

- Made combat outlines enabled by default;
- Changed default ini settings to start with borderless window;

Fixes

- Fixed persisting aiming splines after the quick load on the same level;
- Disabled quick save during combat;
- Fixed metal column blocking arena view.
- Fixed old reflex implant name on items.
- Fixed characters not standing/sitting when moved in tactics phase + related T-Pose bug;
- Fixed a bug when you could talk to allies during combat (+ "talking" cursor);
- Fixed name of Carter's rifleman.
- Added temp fix to display items on the inv grid, that for some reason had no grid position;
- Now always showing 10 free lines after the last item on the inv grid;
- Fixed undesired combat start when you have 2h weapon equipped, area attack selected and clicking interactive object;
- Disabled keydown repeat message for dialogue answers selection (in non-editor builds);
- Fixed item type filter not working for party inventory in the loot screen.

Technomancer

Liturgist
MWIaPTC.jpg

Killed everyone solo with evasion build, took about 4 hours. Early beta was harder by far but current version is more fun.

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What's up with Holy Harbinger and his crits? I've never seen so many 0 rolls on the dice in my life.

I read something earlier about results caching?

edit: Tough Bastard makes that one a lot easier.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
And CON, I find whereas in AoD sometimes I think "this fight I can totally win with just 5.95 extra hp", CSG demo doesn't seem to work like that.
Interesting, for me it's the opposite. In AoD I would almost always dump con to 4, because it was easy to compensate by putting more points into dodge, or using various consumables like bolas or nets.

I'm not sure I understand the rules correctly, but it seems to me there is almost no way to negatively impact enemy chance to graze (stuff like evasion, smoke, cover seems to mostly reduce chance to hit?) and there aren't that many perks for extra evasion, so you are going to take hits. Lategame you can probably wear enough heavy armor (with enough strength) to reduce graze damage to basically 0 but that's only for the very last fights and you have to get there.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Since the update there's this weird effect around items in the inventory. Whenever you hover on one, for the first second or so, it's highlighted and then it stops, and it's pretty distracting when you just want to see the stats.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Since the update there's this weird effect around items in the inventory. Whenever you hover on one, for the first second or so, it's highlighted and then it stops, and it's pretty distracting when you just want to see the stats.

I don't like the new tooltip delay or animation and often it shows the item below the item you are hovering on.

Sensuki

Arcane
Finished with my solo blunt (True Random)

f6QN7Bz.jpg

Cpo6A3f.jpg

Didn't pick a final feat before the last fight, and I took the Energy Rifle into the final fight instead of the Spiked mace, got one Reaction graze kill with it at least. Steamrolled the Bounty Hunter fight due to Swing attack, took out all of the guys except one on the first turn and was 1AP short of finishing off the last guy, who died on first attack of the next turn.

Fast Runner and Tough Bastard made an enormous difference to survivability. Second Wind allows you to snowball from the first kill.

The main two pieces of feedback I have are the shop interface needs the most improvement - it's way too slow to trade/buy gear and something about the cover mechanics doesn't feel quite right.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

I don't like the new tooltip delay or animation and often it shows the item below the item you are hovering on.
Yeah, it annoys me too. That lag is just egregious.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought the combat motor augmentation thing from the medic lady, but the computer terminal won't allow me to install it. Whenever I press 1 to install, it says I don't have the item.

Trash Player

Scholar
I bought the combat motor augmentation thing from the medic lady, but the computer terminal won't allow me to install it. Whenever I press 1 to install, it says I don't have the item.
Those are upgrades, you need the base implants to install them. This particular item is looted from the last difficult fight in the demo, good luck.

Tigranes

Arcane
Finished with my solo blunt
f6QN7Bz.jpg

Cpo6A3f.jpg

Didn't pick a final feat before the last fight, and I took the Energy Rifle into the final fight instead of the Spiked mace, got one Reaction graze kill with it at least. Steamrolled the Bounty Hunter fight due to Swing attack, took out all of the guys except one on the first turn and was 1AP short of finishing off the last guy, who died on first attack of the next turn.

Fast Runner and Tough Bastard made an enormous difference to survivability. Second Wind allows you to snowball from the first kill.

The main two pieces of feedback I have are the shop interface needs the most improvement - it's way too slow to trade/buy gear and something about the cover mechanics doesn't feel quite right.

You too, my child, are welcome to the MC HAMMER CLUB, the Refuge of the Inclined

mc-hammer-hammertime-1991-billboard-650-compressed.jpg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Also, i think noticed other character getting skill xp for another one's actions.
For example, getting smg xp with the main character gave some to halstom (but not the others which were not using a smg).

How does that work exactly ?
Do followers (or even the main char) get xp by watching ? Was it because he hit the same target before ?
Do they have to be in close proximity ?

Also noticed some very high skills posted here for solo runs with low int.
Does that mean skills xp are shared while in a party (like the example earlier) or is it just the combat being slower and the solo character acting more and thus getting more skill xp ?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Also, i think noticed other character getting skill xp for another one's actions.
For example, getting smg xp with the main character gave some to halstom (but not the others which were not using a smg).

Attack learning points are completely personal. When you kill a character, their defensive pool gets distributed depended on who it attacked in different ratios.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom