Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What are these btw?

CFiufII.png

Trash Player

Scholar
Those are tags, skills get 50% bonus LP. Congratulation, you completed solo without tagging any skills. Though the effect is relatively minor, accounting for a rank late at best.
I also missed them on my companions on my captain run.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah, another guy from IT forum completed rifle solo w/o tags because
I forgot to tag a skill. Boxes were so small I didn't notice them.
I hope he dont mind if I'll repost his build here (some were complaining about rifles, myself included although it was charisma build)

While in retrospective tags looks sorta insignificant, for some early tough fights they're making a difference for sure.
index.php

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
How do you tag them? Do you have to click on the button or something?

I thought that when I added 1 to the skills that was 'tagging them' :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How do you tag them? Do you have to click on the button or something?

I thought that when I added 1 to the skills that was 'tagging them' :lol:
Yes, you need to click on the little bullet mark. I also forgot to do it on a couple of occasions, but I think on my very first character I noticed that these have a hover effect on them. I wonder how can this be communicated better - maybe changing them to look like radiobuttons, or changing the icon to something else.

Sensuki

Arcane
I tried to mouse over the text to see if that would tag it, and when it didn't I assumed that it was just adding an extra point. Didn't even think to click on the little square.

jackofshadows

Magister
I wonder how can this be communicated better - maybe changing them to look like radiobuttons, or changing the icon to something else.
Make them twinkle (untagged while not chosen any) and every time they do, add a proper loud af alert sound to it. Also maybe put a half-screen tooltip if player got 2lvl and still didn't tag any skill.

On a more serious note, something must be done, I agree. I mean, when you forgetting to raise skills on a char creation and click next, the game warns you but not for tagging (at least add that).

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
On a more serious note, something must be done

Intrface should be fixed a bit - for example, when you have stat more than 10 which is natural maximum, it should be colored as such - some pleasant coloration vibrant with power, or at least signalling that stat is more then FINE, like penalized stat colored with red.

I mean, it shoil be done in general, to make all presses more memorable and rewarding. Imo.

Deleted Member 22431

Elhoim and Vault Dweller,

- I don't have any idea what is penetration and what it does;

- Sometimes when you drop a grenade, the arc line is frozen in space and I have to wait until my next turn to remove it with my attack;

- When I hove over the characters, their names don't appear;

- Do the effects of flashbang and poison stack?

- Did anyone beat the beta with a juggernaut with heavy armor and low evasion? It doesn't seem viable.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is fight with Big Jim the one where I supposed to use grenades?
Like, 5 of them who still hit me consistently with grazes despite shield.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
While in retrospective tags looks sorta insignificant, for some early tough fights they're making a difference for sure.
Questionable. At most you'll be getting +1 skill level out of it in the demo, which is +5 accuracy (+ a little bit extra with relevant perk for weapons). Obviously that's not terrible, but it's not a very big deal either.
- Did anyone beat the beta with a juggernaut with heavy armor and low evasion? It doesn't seem viable.
Keeping either of the defensive skills low seems nonviable since you get skill points in both either way :M

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It has begun:

First enemy is too hard!!!
It's really hard to kill very first opponent. My character barely does any damage and misses a lot. I speced him for sharp shooting and range dmg. The first enemy does 12-24 dmg almost every turn. Ridiculous and overpowered.

jackofshadows

Magister
- I don't have any idea what is penetration and what it does;
There are tooltips, just hover over "penetreation" to learn that it's -x% of enemie's armor on shot/hit.
- Do the effects of flashbang and poison stack?
Sure, why wouldn't they?
Is fight with Big Jim the one where I supposed to use grenades?
I think yeah, in any fight with 4+ enemies it reasonable to use'em. Usually I just throw a high-grade gas grenade at church boys and chill.
Questionable. At most you'll be getting +1 skill level out of it in the demo, which is +5 accuracy (+ a little bit extra with relevant perk for weapons). Obviously that's not terrible, but it's not a very big deal either.
You're getting +5 thc and/or +5 evasion at mid-demo fights, i.e. sooner rather than later. I'd say it's a significant bonus.
Thing is, heavy high DR armor is accessible very late in the demo, so it doesn't seems viable, no. Also, as was established, str by itself is not significant enough stat even for melee builds.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The master trader perk doesn't seem to give any unique deals in the demo. Intentional or bug?

Does the demo contain more or less the full list of perks (at least for things related to combat?)

What do you mean the combat demo doesn't support a merchant build?

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Borderless Window takes my FPS down to below 30 FPS, whereas I get 40-70 in Full screen ...
I concur, the new update switched to border-less window mode and it was sluggish as hell until i switched back to full screen.

This seems to vary between hardware configurations and engines. I did it not for the sake of performance, though, but to get rid of the initial DPS scaling issue. Maybe the game should just start windowed and let players decide on the fullscreen mode themselves.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

In full game I guess it will be used fo valuable skills which are rare to use and as such hard to develop, like biotech I guess.

I think yeah, in any fight with 4+ enemies it reasonable to use'em. Usually I just throw a high-grade gas grenade at church boys and chill.

Any other tactics for solo? Like, any? Hammertime builds?
It's just I need to finish melee guy first as shield only vs ranged, but gunner and Big Jim himself tear my 30 hp build apart with grazes.
Pistilero there is least damgerous, managet to hit me once for 10 reloads.

Nick after shooting when AP spent char still dosn't sit when near cover if he stood tall for some raason, I need to move him to make him sit down. Is char still get cover bonus and thats just animation or intended or bug?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The master trader perk doesn't seem to give any unique deals in the demo. Intentional or bug?
Only the combat feats are working.

Does the demo contain more or less the full list of perks (at least for things related to combat?)
Yes (for combat) but we'll add a few more once we process all feedback.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
after shooting when AP spent char still dosn't sit when near cover if he stood tall for some raason, I need to move him to make him sit down. Is char still get cover bonus and thats just animation or intended or bug?

Why did he stand up in the first place? We have "shooting while crouching" animations. Maybe there is an enemy standing near the cover tile? But then PC wouldn't sit even after moving...
Can you send me a save with repro steps? Or show a position on the screenshot with selected weapon visible, at least.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Some off topic questions

- will the followers of the finished game have non combat skills?
- will the wasteland offer super rare weapons/armor for builds that pass the skill checks?

jackofshadows

Magister
Any other tactics for solo? Like, any? Hammertime builds?
If you haven't yet, you can use a meatshiled. Just take any companion on this fight, give him some spare high dr armor and make him absorb as much as possible before he dies. That moment your lone wolf feat activates again and by the end of the fight you'll get all the exp. You'll only lose in this case some crumb defensive LP.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom