Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

M. AQVILA

Arcane
The combat is quite addicting once you get the hang of it.

CS.jpg

Pretty cool game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I see now. The stances are purely cosmetic and do not influence combat mechanics, but I've made them sit down at the end of the turn if the enemy is gone.
Please remove the stances (with an option maybe). It's a 'lot' of wasted time seeing those animations play out.

Speaking of similar wishes: Make double click run similar in speed to AoD where you cross entire map in 3s. Companions shouldn't have collision/should move out of the way so I can't get stuck on them. Add more color coding to the log, preferably chance to graze, hit, crit should be same color as on the hit wheel, and this should be same as the floating numbers that appear on your character (everyone loves visual consistency).

STR and INT builds are late bloomers.
Agree for STR, somewhat. Each point of strength is effectively +2 (reaction and) evasion. The first few points of strength will give value after a few fights, the last will take a while before you find armor heavy enough. This is still not a great investment compared to other stats, but it's not terrible. For melee builds it's +0.5 average damage(iirc) for each point as well which obviously makes it good. I still think INT is a 'trap' since extra xp gain is quite weak due to the rapid scaling of xp requirement for skill levelup. I'd recommend maxing per and dex before considering putting points in int.

Seems a lot of people are having the most luck with hammer builds. All that AoD/DR practice was worth it :M

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I've started a fresh sniper build 4 6 10 10 6 4 (rifle/evade/crit), works way better with the new starting area behind cover.

Still, i'm trying to do the fourth fight without Billy (no lone wolf perk) and failed miserably twice, second time, the last enemy standing had 1 HP ...
Going to try again once or twice, because i want to use Halstom and thought i wouldn't waste some xp on Billy ...

Deleted Member 22431

The player should be able to sell all the bullets of a given type at once.

The player should be able to quickload on the death screen.

Deleted Member 22431

Seems a lot of people are having the most luck with hammer builds. All that AoD/DR practice was worth it
Meele builds are more intuitive and less complicated to play.

Still, i'm trying to do the fourth fight without Billy (no lone wolf perk) and failed miserably twice, second time, the last enemy standing had 1 HP ...
Going to try again once or twice, because i want to use Halstom and thought i wouldn't waste some xp on Billy ...
Dude, are you nuts? Lone wolf is mandatory for solo builds.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
press F1-F4 to select your team members

You can switch between them with Q and E currently.

faster animation speed slider

Planned.

Companions shouldn't have collision/should move out of the way so I can't get stuck on them

We didn't have time to implement avoidance AI yet.

The player should be able to sell all the bullets of a given type at once.

But he can, just like any other stack. SHIFT+click = select whole stack. CTRL+click brings up a window with a slider

There you go. And it says so at the bottom of the screen.

Deleted Member 22431

Vault Dweller said:
Keep in mind that this demo doesn't properly reflect full game's combat since many things will be different: you won't acquire better armor and weapons with lightning speed, you won't be swimming in money, you won't be able to toss grenades like candy or empty your SMG at every target as if ammo grows on trees, you won't have easy access to Earth-made tech, you won't start every fight a few feet away from your enemies.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It has begun:

First enemy is too hard!!!
It's really hard to kill very first opponent. My character barely does any damage and misses a lot. I speced him for sharp shooting and range dmg. The first enemy does 12-24 dmg almost every turn. Ridiculous and overpowered.
But will you fix it so he would buy the game? :lol:

Is fight with Big Jim the one where I supposed to use grenades?
Like, 5 of them who still hit me consistently with grazes despite shield.
I was able to finish the previous fights without using any grenades, but it feels like I should start to in this fight.

I feel like my melee build is statistically impossible to with the 7th fight with. I still have Billy around, with my strategy so far being for my main character to attract enemy attention while Billy was tasked with doing consistent if not very high damage. My impression is that the problem is coming from my group's damage output. Two guys can't catch up with 5 guys doing damage. I try to disable them by hitting arms, but it's not enough. Maybe a high-grade gas grenade will help reduce their damage output so I can simply outlive them while doing what damage I can.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol hammerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! lol swingzzz
Maybe I should invest in a hammer too, looking at the bonuses, it's quite woth the extra AP cost vs the Truncheon. Yes, I passed 6 fights with nothing but the truncheon on my main character, I don't know if it's an achievement.

BTW, Nick , I'm not sure switching the active party member when out of combat is working the way it should. In addition to making the clicked character controllable, it also switches their coordinates values on the scene. One character takes the place of the other. Out of curiousity - how does this switch work in terms of programming logic? Do you have some sort of ReactiveX pattern in place where a property in a store contains a reference to the object of the active character?

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
In addition to making the clicked character controllable, it also switches their coordinates values on the scene. One character takes the place of the other.

That's by design, i.e. requested by Vince and Oscar. But I'm not sure it's consistent with other ways to switch controlled character, we might review that at some point.

Out of curiousity - how does this switch work in terms of programming logic? Do you have some sort of ReactiveX pattern in place where a property in a store contains a reference to the object of the active character?

No fancy patterns there, it's just banal pointer management on C++ side, then teleportation and callbacks on Blueprint side.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, I passed 6 fights with nothing but the truncheon on my main character, I don't know if it's an achievement.

It is, but you can buy Kinetic eh... Hammer? after third fight - just don't let guy in the first and in third fight shoot too much, ammo is what will bring you to 1000 creds. I mean, If you don't want to sell first shield, which is useless for melee (are there cases where it's useful?)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
This seems to vary between hardware configurations and engines. I did it not for the sake of performance, though, but to get rid of the initial DPS scaling issue. Maybe the game should just start windowed and let players decide on the fullscreen mode themselves.

I don't have any problems with Borderless Window in other games afaik - definitely not DotA2 or AoE2: DE, don't have any other Unreal4 games to test out though I dont think

My video card is a HD7970, which is a bit old now I guess

Takamori

Learned
Yes, I passed 6 fights with nothing but the truncheon on my main character, I don't know if it's an achievement.

It is, but you can buy Kinetic eh... Hammer? after third fight - just don't let guy in the first and in third fight shoot too much, ammo is what will bring you to 1000 creds. I mean, If you don't want to sell first shield, which is useless for melee (are there cases where it's useful?)
Kinetic Hammers are criminal levels of awesome, started using swing on 4th fight and solved that in 2 turns

thesecret1

Arcane
I mean, If you don't want to sell first shield, which is useless for melee (are there cases where it's useful?)
I turn it on at the end of my first turn, when there are still many enemies taking potshots at me. They usually deplete or almost deplete it in that time, saving me a lot of HP, and you can turn it off for free if it survived

Deleted Member 22431

From steam:

Тварь 16 Apr @ 9:07pm

Just got the Brotherhood ending with a stupid tank build. (only took me 10 hours) Heavy armor is very much viable for melee fighters, if you build them to tank. Crit melee are better off with light armor, I think. There also should be a tank build around the power armor, but it's 3 a.m. here and I'll leave it to you guys and go get some sleep
Last edited by Тварь; 16 Apr @ 9:08pm

Deleted Member 22431

Got to the last fight and rage quit without beating the last arena fight. The last fight is not the hardest because you are way more powerful by the end, but I felt cheated because I missed the tagged skill button. Seeing that tank builds are doable, I will abandon this build and try a juggernaut in my spare time.

Black Angel

Arcane
I've been wondering, what does the Armor skill really do? The description implies our character moving more easily when wearing armors, but what does it really do during moment-to-moment gameplay?

Deleted Member 22431

I've been wondering, what does the Armor skill really do? The description implies our character moving more easily when wearing armors, but what does it really do during moment-to-moment gameplay?
It reduces the penalties for sneak and evasion. Few armors will actually impact on these, and only later on, but they provide yuge bonuses. Since we are talking about these, Vault Dweller, when your penalties outside the parenthesis are zero, does this mean you have no penalties because of Con and the level of armor skill? For instance, 0 (-6).

Deleted Member 22431

it does nothong for APs. to remove AP penalty you need a feat.
Interesting, but then again if you are trying to make this build, it is natural you will invest in such feats. MY next build will be a tank and then a high INT one. Ranged builds revolve mostly around reaction attacks, so this should be more interesting.

thesecret1

Arcane
Just now realized that you can upgrade the shields if you click on the small gear box in the inventory. Now I know how people who missed tagged skills feel.

Deleted Member 22431

Just now realized that you can upgrade the shields if you click on the small gear box in the inventory. Now I know how people who missed tagged skills feel.
I still don't know how to use this thing. I can see the options when I click on the icon, but I can't insert the piece of equipment that I bought--which is only one that works by the way (Mk1). When I place the thing on the inventory, the energy shield blinks, as if the part was already installed. Is that it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom