Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
mfw when the dude behind Ellis Studios turns out to be an eccentric grifter

images

Sinatar

Arbiter
Did he ever take the stolen music from Neverwinter Nights and ToEE out of the game?
Wow! what music do you hear in the gme from nwn or toee?

As already noted in this thread:

Like I want to give the dev the benefit of the doubt as at least visually (other than those couple of UI elements Abu posted about) I haven't seen anywhere else but some of those audio sounds in the game I recognize from neverwinter nights.

Like your using the neverwinter nights "city docks night" track for the character creation music. The file name for it is town_2_nwncitydocksnite in the game folders.

ScLJG72.png

There's also music tracks from Two Steps from Hell albums?

aoXDpJm.png

Other than that there's the Song of Faerun which is from the Ubisoft's Pool of radiance.

The rest of the music is from that Matthew Pablo guy though a couple of files list other games in album sections of the song's metadata but I assume he's retained rights to the music to resell and tabletop tracks which seem to be on the up and up.

Look your game looks good and I'm keenly interested in buying a copy off GoG. I like how you've set up the feat selection window and mapped them out. But this stuff with the music tracks just bothers me a lot and I wish I could just ignore it.

Audio/BGM/Drellin's_Ferry.ogg

Now, this sound like a Hommlet theme from ToEE to me.
It even opens as a "Hommlet Theme" with my VLC player.

Brendale Farm. There is a Hommlet theme there as a soundtrack.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

images
everyone will bro frist you because your a critic! have you played the game? can you verify of what you speak? people blow your nuts because its you! im a GM in UO so I know how it works!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

images
Infinitron when you play the game please let me know....i've got over 100 people that love it. stop trying to troll. people wont even come here because of you. i do not blame them! Let me guess you will come up with some stupid crap to say? you will get bro fisted many times im sure because idiots enjoy to you know what!

ArchAngel

Arcane

images
Infinitron when you play the game please let me know....i've got over 100 people that love it. stop trying to troll. people wont even come here because of you. i do not blame them! Let me guess you will come up with some stupid crap to say? you will get bro fisted many times im sure because idiots enjoy to you know what!
Didn't you say few days back you don't want to come here again?
Then why do you come here every few days and keep leaving these useless posts?!

ArchAngel

Arcane
I actually find it believable that this is players and not undercover authors opinion. Mostly cause of how sentences make sense and are written in correct english. I'll bite and ask:

Tell me Bhelogan - can you in your version of the game execute more than 1 attack per round? It was impossible for me. I was suspecting something bad went with recent game version but way author responded to my messages felt tottaly out of place which is why I assumed he's just trolling people releasing half-assed program, knowing it and having no intention of fixing anything.

I don't have a character with more than one attack, with the exception of a Barbarian using one of the exotic weapons from the first town's shop. He gets both attacks, granted it comes off the 'single attack' option, and both hit the same target. I don't know if that is RAW or not for 3.5 (I mostly 2nd ed, and 5E, where it wouldn't be). But, this would be like the smallest of the issues I have regarding bugs. After totally failing with a bad build, and party mix of a Monk, Cleric, Fighter and Sorcerer, I started over with a group based on OP summons. Druid, Sorcerer, Ranger, and threw in that Barb to sit back and watch. Because summons last forever, until you rest, I think I have only camped twice up to level 6.

Look, the game has a lot of issues that are kind of game-breaking. I'm not saying it doesn't. I've turned several in via e-mail to the dev, who has been very responsive. I've written and supported enough software to not expect immediate fixes to some things. (example, I can't get the game to run unless it is set to run as Admin on my desktop, and my surface go simply won't run it without crashing once you try to start the game). Your infinite summons show up in random places when combat starts, often on the other side of walls or terrain where they can't get to the action. The 'stuck at the start of combat' issue happens frequently. Everyone once in a while, a sneak attack from a pet hurt a ghost that it shouldn't. A lot of the feats, that I assume are included for completeness probably don't' have much of a place in a cRPG. The overland map is not clear where you can and can't go, until a fair amount of trial and error. The way quests are tracked and logged via inventory items is either quirky, or an ingenious workaround for some other system limitation. Either way, it bugs me because I am one of those players that like to keep my inventory clean. There is no help manual to explain how to bind an action to quick slots (I had to figure that out from reading comments here and on FB). I could go on and on with small issues. In general, it doesn't' have the polish you would expect from an AAA title.

And, despite that, I still enjoy it immensely and impressed that a single dev studio put this together. The comments here are showing a lot of immaturities (on both parties), and a lot of snobbish entitlement and name-calling from some of the 'reviewers'.
Go and check out Knights of the Chalice instead if you want an awesome indie DnD 3.5e cRPG that was made a competent non scammer.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So what is the drama with this game? Is it any good,is it a hidden cripto miner or a trojan?

Stolen art, UI and music. Tons of bugs. Developer is a complete crackpot.

It's alright.
LoL who cares if an indi shit has stolen art and songs lol?! The important part is if the game is a decent RPG. And about the dev,ahhh that is like 90% of the codex. Soooo any chance of the game getting released on gog? Doubt it tho,since half the shit in the game is stolen.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So what is the drama with this game? Is it any good,is it a hidden cripto miner or a trojan?

Stolen art, UI and music. Tons of bugs. Developer is a complete crackpot.

It's alright.
LoL who cares if an indi shit has stolen art and songs lol?! The important part is if the game is a decent RPG. And about the dev,ahhh that is like 90% of the codex. Soooo any chance of the game getting released on gog? Doubt it tho,since half the shit in the game is stolen.

As of like a month ago, yeah it was coming to GOG. Who knows at this point: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...y-dungeons-dragons.132310/page-6#post-6615077

Bhelogan

Literate
How do we get the new version? Link is taking me to 1.3b, which is the same that I have had all long.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom