Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Magnat you should gobble up Kavkaz as soon as possible,then put a bunch of nice mountain forts and see kebab troops melt.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I do play way past it,fuck i even forgot that it existed.

Lmao, I was actually just talking about the real life philosophical formation of nationalism. And way past ... are you one of those people that uses save converters?
Nah,i was thinking about the game nationalism mechanic/CB. As real life nationalism,lol it always existed,tho it never had a name and was something common. If there is a nation,then there is people that fight for it. If you talk about the retarded therm invented by fat and lazy and western pseudo-intellectuals,well it is retarded.

I haven't played EUIV in quite a while but the last few times I did it was mostly Theodoro.

Then there's stuff like Perm, Ryukyu, Navarra, Ethiopia, Dithmarschen and, you'll never guess, the Eastern Roman Empire.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
As real life nationalism,lol it always existed,tho it never had a name and was something common.

I dunno, man. Caesar and Dante had patriotism, which wasn't compable to nationalism because of scale. It was about your city; that kind of small scale connection can be personal in a way modern nationalism never can be, nevermind all the trappings modern nationalism demands like a shared language, or an idealised mythical past.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As real life nationalism,lol it always existed,tho it never had a name and was something common.

I dunno, man. Caesar and Dante had patriotism, which wasn't compable to nationalism because of scale. It was about your city; that kind of small scale connection can be personal in a way modern nationalism never can be, nevermind all the trappings modern nationalism demands like a shared language, or an idealised mythical past.
Meh,it is the same shit,the difference is only the scale. Nationalism is natural thing to humans,people do love their own tribes and feel superior to others,or they get extinct.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Meh,it is the same shit,the difference is only the scale. Nationalism is natural thing to humans,people do love their own tribes and feel superior to others,or they get extinct.

That's what I'm trying to say though, nationalism is something more. It's a contortion built from that politically neutral "natural" feeling.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
True heroes in their last stand:
S66J2IW.png

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Oh yeah,that is the first thing i disable on a new install. Everyone buy provinces in the rest of the world makes it look like a clown world.

I dunno what dev diary it's in, but apparently the next update will lock charter companies to AIs taking coloniser (player unaffected).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh yeah,that is the first thing i disable on a new install. Everyone buy provinces in the rest of the world makes it look like a clown world.

I dunno what dev diary it's in, but apparently the next update will lock charter companies to AIs taking coloniser (player unaffected).
It will still look retarded,it is the most retarded thing that had added in the game. I did edit the files during my first game after they added it in.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Japan games are amazing. In 50 years you go from being a single province with 10 development to becoming the uncontested first great power. Destroying Ming with half its development and half its troops is always extremely satisfying.

Also, good job Ming, really:
IE0pbYr.png

thesecret1

Arcane
I'm more excited for MEIOU 3.0 than for whatever they put out next. It's been mostly just bloat in the last several expansions anyway. Seriously, some of the biggest features they marketed lately have been new missions trees. You know, that thing a modder can make in a week in his spare time, since it's just writing a couple entities in their files. Not to say they shouldn't put out more mission trees (as it's one of the few sources of flavour) but to brag about something so simple is pretty embarassing, IMO. Most of the new "mechanics" also boil down to adding in a new piece of UI and making buttons that give you new modifiers and/or prestige, money, etc. Pretty low effort, can't see what took them so long.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm more excited for MEIOU 3.0 than for whatever they put out next. It's been mostly just bloat in the last several expansions anyway. Seriously, some of the biggest features they marketed lately have been new missions trees. You know, that thing a modder can make in a week in his spare time, since it's just writing a couple entities in their files. Not to say they shouldn't put out more mission trees (as it's one of the few sources of flavour) but to brag about something so simple is pretty embarassing, IMO. Most of the new "mechanics" also boil down to adding in a new piece of UI and making buttons that give you new modifiers and/or prestige, money, etc. Pretty low effort, can't see what took them so long.
Yeah,i do want them to put it out sooner so i could update the mods i like.

I'm still waiting for them to add the Renaissance to a grand strategy game set in the XV century and with the word "Europa" in its name.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And then they charge you 20 dollars for an expansion that offers about the quarter of the content free mods like MEIOU add.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom