Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So, it begins...

EV4bRteXYAEw7fX

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Japan really is just wannabe America. They pulled a Terminator on final fantasy. SEriously Terminator has like 4 can time travel remakequels. Now Final Fantasy time traveled back to 2004 to copy that dumb marketing strategy. Genius.

I bet it has to do with Avengers.

Psquit

Arcane
When we gonna get a FF9 Remake.
I want to see HD 4K Amarant so i can finally understand what hell is that hat. Also HD Dagger's ass.
Once they make the FF7 - FFX interquel that explains how Shinra (FFX)'s descendants colonized Midgar's Planet, which by the way is absolutely canon.

Thank You Kitase.

Still way better than time travel sephiroth and fate ghosts. FF7 "fans" laughed at Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus and advent children retarded shit but now that ff7: R is a combination of all that crap, now everyone loves it.

Thorakitai

Learned
Maybe we'll see Nomura use the remake to have a crossover with Kingdom Hearts and by extension, his not-Final Fantasy XV game Verum Rex.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I want to see HD 4K Amarant so i can finally understand what hell is that hat. Also HD Dagger's ass.
Once they make the FF7 - FFX interquel that explains how Shinra (FFX)'s descendants colonized Midgar's Planet, which by the way is absolutely canon.

Thank You Kitase.

Still way better than time travel sephiroth and fate ghosts. FF7 "fans" laughed at Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus and advent children retarded shit but now that ff7: R is a combination of all that crap, now everyone loves it.

Everyone loves it NOW.

I have a strong suspicion that by the time the second part releases and Nomura/Nojima retardedness gets fuĺly implemented people will turn on a lot of it.

Delterius

Arcane

Thank You Kitase.

Nah they love crisis core.

You get to play as the actual chad Zack who is canonically boning aerith beyond the grave instead of fakeboy Cloud.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Maybe we'll see Nomura use the remake to have a crossover with Kingdom Hearts and by extension, his not-Final Fantasy XV game Verum Rex.

Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts : Verum Rex/7Remake Featuing ''I swear this isn't notcis'' from ''Not Versus XII'' & Union X.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Is it true guys?

He's wrong. The Sephiroth you fight is just one of the other Jenova test subjects, like in the original game. The real Sephiroth is in the lifestream during the main events of the game.

He's making up fan-canon about Cloud being free from fate or whatever.

I've already argued that the plot-ghosts are just a dumb, convoluted way of justifying the over-the-top end boss fight and the original storyline is not changed in any significant way. Some people are drawing wild conclusions from the Zack flashback and extrapolating theories about time travel, alternate universes, and other stuff that may or may not be true. The game still ends in the same place as the original Midgar section with the same characters and the same goals.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The game still ends in the same place as the original Midgar section with the same characters and the same goals.

...and with the characters defeating hundreds of ghosts that so far had prevented the story from deviating too far from that of the original Final Fantasy VII.

What you call "wild conclusions" sounds like logical conclusions to me: that because the characters defeat the chains that bound them to the original storyline, what comes next can deviate wildly from it. Of course, we are talking about a game directed by Nomura, whom I've heard is not the most logical guy in the business, so who's to say that the next games follow the original story to a T, making plot-ghosts not only a retarded plot element, but also a pointless one to boot.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
...and with the characters defeating hundreds of ghosts that so far had prevented the story from deviating too far from that of the original Final Fantasy VII.

To me it seemed more like the ghosts had pushed the party to that definitive moment to make a world-altering choice (of leaving Midgar and chasing Sephiroth).

They were pumping up what was otherwise a chill moment in the original game. None of the characters besides Cloud had a good reason to chase Sephiroth in the original, and Cloud is actually being manipulated. Now they have the motivation to "fight fate" or whatever, which is still dumb and completely unnecessary, but probably not the major change people are thinking.

I suppose we'll know in another 5+ years.

Codex Year of the Donut
which by the way is absolutely canon.
It wasn't intended to be.
https://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=6355
Finaland: Our second question is a little more complex. Fans were very surprised by the link between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X via Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania. Ultimania books were not translated at that time, it took years for us to know this link here thanks to the Internet. Do you have anecdotes to tell us about this?

This story is a bit of a joke. When we created FFX-2, we wanted to create something, a totally new world. Except that when I created it, I realized that it looked a lot like FFVII ... But without realizing it. Afterwards, when it was officially said in Ultimania, it took a completely gigantic proportion when it was just an anecdote.

Finaland: They were very surprised, clearly they did not believe it.

(laughs) It's anecdotal, there is nothing that deep!

Delterius

Arcane
which by the way is absolutely canon.
It wasn't intended to be.
https://www.finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=6355
Finaland: Our second question is a little more complex. Fans were very surprised by the link between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X via Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania. Ultimania books were not translated at that time, it took years for us to know this link here thanks to the Internet. Do you have anecdotes to tell us about this?

This story is a bit of a joke. When we created FFX-2, we wanted to create something, a totally new world. Except that when I created it, I realized that it looked a lot like FFVII ... But without realizing it. Afterwards, when it was officially said in Ultimania, it took a completely gigantic proportion when it was just an anecdote.

Finaland: They were very surprised, clearly they did not believe it.

(laughs) It's anecdotal, there is nothing that deep!
Nevermind how <very smart> it is to release an official canon lore dump about it and then retract saying 'its not canon, its anecdotal' (what does that even mean). Since then Kitase as producer for the remake had a bit of fun confirming the 'anecdote' as fact (4 mins in). I imagine they just don't care to treat 'final fantasy lore' as a canon (outside of Ivalice Aliance I guess, which is an actual self contained canon) and are just having fun glamourbombing their fans. Plus some things lost in translation like 'FF7 is set in japan after the endtimes' turning to 'True, midgar was actually based off how cozy Tokyo is' doesn't really follow, does it?

But the idea Ultimania guy was like, 'nah man i was being silly that would be retarded', to which Kitase have answered 'RETARDED YOU SAY, THATS MY BRAND OF THING!' is way funnier so I'm gonna stick with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom