Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Steam Approval at 69.999%, Be The Legendary Codexian Who Defeated The SJW Horde

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Posté le : 15 février
Killed by Butterflies!!! No real control of characters... I miss the old D&D series, someone just update and man that is fine. I can dream right!

What the hell is this one talking about ?

There's quite a few bullshit/low effort positive reviews too, not just negative ones.

Recommandé
0.2 heures en tout

Posté le : 31 décembre 2019
GRIMWAH

Posté le : 22 avril
Nice

There's a lot them and so many one short sentence reviews too ...
What makes a game sell is not just a positive mark, it's also the quality of the positive reviews.

Nyast

Cipher
Soliiciting reviews is against the Steam distribution agreement ( chapter 2.7 ), I wouldn't do it if I were you as you're taking a risk. Steam has shut down some games in the past due to devs trying to manipulate reviews in their favor.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Soliiciting reviews is against the Steam distribution agreement ( chapter 2.7 ), I wouldn't do it if I were you as you're taking a risk. Steam has shut down some games in the past due to devs trying to manipulate reviews in their favor.

... but engineering review bombing on other forums and organizing large scale attempts to review bomb a game is okay?

The rating should reflect the reception the game got. Grimoire was overwhelmingly positive. Once you pull out the mascara tears who don't even play RPGs the game was received well by anyone who played it. Casuals and SJWs with agendas don't count.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My incredible burnout when I put up V2 has faded and I might move onto some really nice features like Steam achievements and custom portraits.

I was also trying to expand the future region a little, maybe even with a superscience quest to get some more sci-fi items, some of which I noticed are at present almost unobtainable.

Good to hear, that 20 years worth of burnout must've been nasty. My positive review is there from D1.

Now there are a few Codexers playing Grimoire now, we're wondering if there's something wrong with the difficulty options? Does changing difficulty mid-game work or do you have to start a new game if you want to play on a different difficulty?

Also I have trouble with playing the game on the 720p resolution/not scaled. Only way I can do it is to delete the .cfg, switch my display resolution to 720p and start the game. However once I quit those settings don't stick, with the next start the game automatically switches to 1080p. I have to delete .cfg again and so on. Any idea why that is?

Nyast

Cipher

... but engineering review bombing on other forums and organizing large scale attempts to review bomb a game is okay?

The rating should reflect the reception the game got. Grimoire was overwhelmingly positive. Once you pull out the mascara tears who don't even play RPGs the game was received well by anyone who played it. Casuals and SJWs with agendas don't count.

No of course review bombing is not okay, but Valve has its own system to ignore ratings when a game is being review bombed IIRC.

As for soliciting positive reviews, it's against Valve's agreement no matter what the reason is. I'm merely mentioning it in case you weren't aware of the risk you're taking. If you're willing to take that risk consciously, who am I to tell you not to ? I'm not your father. Just don't come crying if Valve suspends your game.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't like SJWs either but the game is kinda bad.
Grimoire is the greatest incline the world has ever experienced:

xVc0Yov.png

eDwVnsJ.png

ngxHUGD.png

lStmQ4W.png

UR4NJDd.png

DcC5LxF.png

3Qtfv34.png

kA3m1cp.png

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Only for incels under 5'8 who still live with their parents and will never marry and reproduce. For everybody else it is one of the greatest RPGs ever written.

The same kinds of ultrawinning snowflakes who break down in tears when Starbucks runs out of mint cappuccino were also unhappy with Grimoire. At home behind a secret wall in the pantry they have mason jars collecting their own bowel movements going back 10 years. When they are not playing casual games, they lock the door at home, dress up like Sailor Moon and slowly masturbate while they look at themselves in the mirror.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

I'm taking advantage of this post to clear up a terrible doubt I've had about this game since the release. It's a mystery of mysteries. I need to know.

How can an 80 mb game, installed on an SSD, running on a 2700X, take 15 seconds to "load"?

It's giving you time to enjoy the atmosphere being created.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Only for incels under 5'8 who still live with their parents and will never marry and reproduce. For everybody else it is one of the greatest RPGs ever written.

The same kinds of ultrawinning snowflakes who break down in tears when Starbucks runs out of mint cappuccino were also unhappy with Grimoire. At home behind a secret wall in the pantry they have mason jars collecting their own bowel movements going back 10 years. When they are not playing casual games, they lock the door at home, dress up like Sailor Moon and slowly masturbate while they look at themselves in the mirror.

...and then Cleve wonders why butthurt people go out of their way to review-bomb him.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I happily paid $36 at the time, survived the wiped save files, and proclaim it as my favorite game of all time.

You're welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-235228.png
    Screenshot_20200423-235228.png
    524.6 KB · Views: 220

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It's not criticism, it is personal attacks. Most of the negative reviews barely mention the game. It's SJW garbage by people who don't even play these kinds of games and never would have even reviewed the game other than for personal attacks, many of them so far off-topic I have trouble believing Steam would keep them up.
Check out steam reviews again, you will see that not all of them are SJW's garbage or personal charge against you.
First negative review i have checked :

"JFC... the UI.... I played the old Wizardries, Ultimas, old Atari 800 quasi-RPG games... I have literally never seen a worse, more obtuse and inconsistent UI. It's really difficult to get past it. Why doesn't mouse clicking work to advance text? When do you need to use space, and when do you need to use enter instead to advance text? It's like nothing I've ever seen... like the UI is being programmed by a team of people who don't communicate with each other, have differing ideas, and haven't really paid attention to game UIs since the games of the late 80s.

Aside from that, the game mechanics seem inconsistent and sort of inscrutable... like characters getting D&D style HP, but then a little giant rat in the introductory area one-shotting your guy with 20 hp, and your guys hitting that rat with hammers and dracon claws and not penetrating its armor, over and over. ... what?

I was really hopeful about this one, but, god, playing it is *excrutiating*.

How old is this game? Fix the damned UI. This is 2019, not 1988."
He doesn't seems to be a Casul. IMO.

Yeah, the UI could use a few improvements:

- Being able to check the stats of equipped items without having to leave the equipped items screen (maybe a mouse-over or right-click can bring up the stats).
- The scroll bar for longer texts should have the same functionality as in other programs, eg. clicking on it moves the page down.
- Mouse click and Enter and Space should all work to advance in-game texts.

There is probably more, but that is what I remember.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I was also trying to expand the future region a little, maybe even with a superscience quest to get some more sci-fi items, some of which I noticed are at present almost unobtainable.

This would be awesome and a reason to replay the game once more.

Also, we still don't know where in the game to learn the name of the djinn. Not even one person found it (except in the text of the game file).

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Yes, because it is a 3rd party engineering review bombs on a game made by another party. If, say, some over passionate fans are trying to rile up positive reviews it would also be fine.

You, on the other hand, is a dev engineering positive review for a game you made. If these kinds of threads are reported to Steam and should Steam moderator happens to follow up on this then you can get your game pulled from the store.

Grimoire is not really my kind of game but I really advise against doing anything that may harm your game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom