Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Latro

Arcane
but made up for it with her knowledge of writing other types of stories as well as playing other types of story-driven games
so she gets to be an RPG developer by not playing RPGs, eh obsidian?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How many projects do they have?

Sawyer's Missouri, Cain&Boyarsky are up to something, Badler is a project director, Brennecke is one as well on Grounded and some claim Parker is as well on the next big project. With Patel that makes 6. Has Feargus finally relented and allows people to make smaller projects, instead of making games with the budget of 5-20 million dollars? Even if someone else is the project director on Sawyer's game, that is still 5 projects.

Pretty sure Carrie Patel is Co Game director with Chris Parker on Obsidian "Big AAA Project". Chris Parker is not a world builder/writer but more exec/goal design guy like Casey Hudson. Big Obsidian team +100 dev like Phil Spencer said.

Sawyer team is really small like Brennecke team. 25 split dev on Grounded and Sawyer project.

Badler is Game director on The outer world DLC 30-40 dev

CainBoyarsky pretty sure on small team brainstorming a more ambitious vision of TOW (TOW2) 10 dev

That's a nice theory, but you're assuming that the director of The Outer Worlds DLC is a guy who didn't work on the base game. I'd sooner believe that it was Carrie Patel (and that the November 2019 thing with Perez is just a coincidence)

Quillon

Arcane
Badler also didn't work on Deadfire until directing the DLCs :P /tho he worked on PoE1

ed: yeah I was wrong.

What work have I done on the PoE franchise?
  • I was the Lead Producer on PoE1 and have worked as a Systems Designer on PoE 2 at various times.

Last edited:

Ging_Sama

Novice

Sawyer's Missouri, Cain&Boyarsky are up to something, Badler is a project director, Brennecke is one as well on Grounded and some claim Parker is as well on the next big project. With Patel that makes 6. Has Feargus finally relented and allows people to make smaller projects, instead of making games with the budget of 5-20 million dollars? Even if someone else is the project director on Sawyer's game, that is still 5 projects.

Pretty sure Carrie Patel is Co Game director with Chris Parker on Obsidian "Big AAA Project". Chris Parker is not a world builder/writer but more exec/goal design guy like Casey Hudson. Big Obsidian team +100 dev like Phil Spencer said.

Sawyer team is really small like Brennecke team. 25 split dev on Grounded and Sawyer project.

CainBoyarsky pretty sure on small team brainstorming a more ambitious vision of TOW (TOW2) 10 dev

That's a nice theory, but you're assuming that the director of The Outer Worlds DLC is a guy who didn't work on the base game. I'd sooner believe that it was Carrie Patel (and that the November 2019 thing with Perez is just a coincidence)

Yes, but I think there is a tradition at Obsidian that the junior takes care of DLC.

Game director is knowing how to manage a team too, TOW is a more demanding game than POE2, I think it brings its experience on TOW DLC team mainly because the POE DLCs were well received. And he must have done a good job of management I think.

He's also too young for Directing a brand new games.

Worked on:
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Beast of Winter DLC - Game Director
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire The Forgotten Sanctum DLC - Game Director
Unannounced Title - Game Director

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Yes, but I think there is a tradition at Obsidian that the junior takes care of DLC.
Game director is knowing how to manage a team too, TOW is a more demanding game than POE2, I think it brings its experience on TOW DLC team mainly because the POE DLCs were well received. And he must have done a good job of management I think.
Worked on:
Who are you talking about here? This Unannounced game could very be Pillars 3. Third time's the charm.

The Real Fanboy
Carrie as a game director is such an amazing thing like such a glow up
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png

badler

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer

Worked on:

Obviously, can't talk specifics right now, but I am not working on an Outer Worlds DLC. I provide feedback and consultation, but no dev work.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I have the feeling that we are talking about this talentless cunt for the last 200 pages. It is a discussion done before.....a few times by now. There is not much to be said,just look back ward and notice that obsidian haven't produced a good RPG in a decade.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LizardWizard lol you butthurt little cunt,you even have your account on private so people won't mock you for being annoying spamming faggot lol. Hope that corona rapes your homeless californian gapping asshole!

Duralux for Durabux

But PoE 1 was released in 2015. :happytrollboy:
Don't forget Alpha Protocol,Dead Money, POE2 (i did not play it but i'm sure it's a better game that codex makes it to be).

Last edited by a moderator:

Duralux for Durabux

Nice, badler's first post in two years.

Alpha Protocol was entirely finished in late 2009, so technically it doesn't count. :M
In my opinion, the game is finnaly finished when the final patch is released that why i counted Alpha Protocol.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer's game - 5 person team, in preproduction and just at the end of the prototype stage, starting a new development sprint today. Sounds like it's looking good so far.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
5 person team sounds good. Means he's probably making something he's passionate about.

RepHope

Savant
Josh Sawyer's game - 5 person team, in preproduction and just at the end of the prototype stage, starting a new development sprint today. Sounds like it's looking good so far.
Wouldn’t be surprised if MS ok’d his pet project. They need content for Game Pass so a niche project like Sawyer’s could be justified under the guise of making sure they have content that appeals to as many groups as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom