Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

GewuerzKahn

Savant
No, I just kinda like if a creator gives his fans the finger.
No he just wants to push a LGBT, white man bad narrative. Which is why they kill off the white male lead and make you play as a lesbian and a tranny.
I never finished the first game, but wasn't Joel a bad man?

Well actually, no. Especially in the case of the game we're discussing -- Joel was built to be a sort of hardened "everyman" who didn't have any special skills or talents beyond what he had learned in the wasteland. He wasn't that great of a shot. He wasn't especially buff or fast. He was just brutal and uncaring. That was, in large part, the difficulty inherent in the game.
Really? I mean as an action video game character he would be average, but not in the the game itself.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

sullynathan

Arcane
Going on the plot synopsis and level list, at a guess I'd say there is barely a 5-6 hour game here. One hour for every year of development hell lol.
Doubtful. The first game is legit 14 - 17 hours long without the cutscene and the gameplay of this one looks massively better.
From indefinite hold to release in a month and half? Sony is cutting their losses and running. It will still sell decent numbers, but I'd say the franchise will die along with Naughty Dog as an AAA developer.
Also doubtful. The game should've released last year, no one knows why they kept delaying it. It would've also released in May but Corona
Joel's a good guy, or at least as good as someone in a post apocalyptic world can be.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Not really, he was a survivor in a brutal cold world. He had done bad things yes, but that in order to survive. And it's not like the new world ushered him in with nice greetings. The first thing that happens is that his daughter gets killed by the ones that are supposed to protect them.

In the case of that clip though, the dudes he is torturing and killing are cannibals that have kidnapped Ellie and god knows how many before her.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

sullynathan

Arcane
So what's up with this?
Disgruntled worker anonymously leaks footage for The Last of Us 2. The protagonist from The Last of Us is killed by the child of someone that Joel (The last of Us protagonist supposedly killed) killed and we get to play as said character nearly killing the protagonist of this game who was the deutoragonist of The last of Us. Said new character is also a butch dike.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Joel's a good guy...
Not really...
He's a bad man...
Interesting. I guess Joel knew they there cannibals before torturing and murdering them. Yes yeees, I know he tries to find Ellie.
It's just difficult for me to think Joel is a good person. He helped Tess with the Interrogation of the weapon dealer Robert as if it were routine (and propably was). Even his brothers thinks that "surviving at all cost" isn't worth it (https://youtu.be/uMCktOgaC5I?t=106)

Only if you are retarded and you missed the point of the entire game.
Tell me.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There's something oddly funny about walls of text on twitter

EWyGgiQWkAAuRgS

EWyN_7BX0AAjEmp

Codex Year of the Donut
vs reality :smug:
People tend to severely underestimate just how weak women are thanks to constant media downplaying it as a minor difference. Almost all men are stronger than 99% of women. A man with a sedentary lifestyle is likely stronger than your average female athlete. Is it a lack of muscle? No. Pound for pound in lean muscle weight, they are weaker(FYI this blows the "just take hormones and trans will be weaker!" argument out of the water)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7253873
It was hypothesized that while men are significantly stronger than trained women athletes, such differences may be removed once body size characteristics are controlled. MANOVA and MANCOVA were utilized to test hypotheses. Results indicate that untrained men have greater upper and lower body strength than trained women athletes in terms of both absolute and relative strength.

To really put it into context: The absolute strongest female athletes in the world have a handgrip strength that's average for an untrained man
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17186303
The results of female national elite athletes even indicate that the strength level attainable by extremely high training will rarely surpass the 50th percentile of untrained or not specifically trained men.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even his brothers thinks that "surviving at all cost" isn't worth it

Apparently he does, since he had met a wife and built himself a life and a town when he meet Joel again. I see it more as an expression. That maybe what they did couldn't be justified even in the sense of survival, even when society fell around them and there only was survival, but well, they did survive and it looks like he wants to redeem himself by building a haven, something new for himself and others, something good in this godforsaken world. Remember, his brother was with the Fireflies too and left them. So if they were the good guys as they would like to be portrayed throughout the game, why did he leave them? From the wiki:

Tommy eventually left the Fireflies after becoming disillusioned with their cause.

Just saying not everyone nor everything is white and black in this post-apocalyptic hell. You could even argue that the cannibals only did what they did to survive. When you go through their town you can hear men talking about hiding their wives and kids.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom