Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

thesecret1

Arcane
It's gonna be Witcher 3 in a different coat of paint. Instead of getting side quests to slay a particular monster, you will get side quests to grab some kinda implant or to shoot up some gang den. The decisions will be few and far between, and will only really affect the ending. You won't join any gangs because joinable factions weren't a think in Witcher 3 either. Seriously guys, you need to realize that after Witcher 3 was a massive success, there is no way in hell the next game will be anything other than the exact same thing with the hopes of repeating that success. Expect an action RPG-lite with hopefully non-shit writing made with the aim to provide easy entertainment for the masses. To an RPG connoisseur, it will the the video game equivalent of junk food – it can be enjoyable if you go in expecting and being fine with a fried chunk of fat with sugar, but it'll be a disappointment if you expect something wholesome.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

JDR13
jIPp5cj.png

show me where the phrase RPG occurs in this blurb, pissant. I'll wait.

Look back in the forum posts.. Plenty of devs were like: Oh chill is an rpg! is an Rpg first and foremost! Is not a fps is an rpg. Look around the internet devs lies on the forum while on twitter and on the site were writing the game is an action adventure. Also is a base based on a pen and paper is no unreasonable expecting some continuity with it. Instead is far from it not only in the gameplay but also in to the spirit of it. Nobody expected an 1:1 conversion but they took the source material touted the pen and paper fan to then wipe their but with it in order to create another fps. I already linked a tweeter post and also an interview you want more? Check the past thread on the forums you will find your answers.

A horse of course

JDR13
jIPp5cj.png

show me where the phrase RPG occurs in this blurb, pissant. I'll wait.

Look back in the forum posts.. Plenty of devs were like: Oh chill is an rpg! is an Rpg first and foremost! Is not a fps is an rpg. Look around the internet devs lies on the forum while on twitter and on the site were writing the game is an action adventure. Also is a base based on a pen and paper is no unreasonable expecting some continuity with it. Instead is far from it not only in the gameplay but also in to the spirit of it. Nobody expected an 1:1 conversion but they took the source material touted the pen and paper fan to then wipe their but with it in order to create another fps. I already linked a tweeter post and also an interview you want more? Check the past thread on the forums you will find your answers.

This is an excellent post. Jenkem couldn't rebut it so he poasted it in shoutbox to try and get alt-right incels to harass you. Sad!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
OMG do you think CP77 will be able to rise to high bar set by 3rd person popamole cover-shooter Desu Ex?!

I really wish it would, although it seems impossible at first sight.

EDIT: For Infinitron

If cyberpunk 2077 will be better than Deus Ex. I become a CD Fag.

I want to believe , i want to believe they could do better than Deus Ex 1. I really want to believe.

Harthwain

Magister

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That is the whole point of the criticism i seen the game live at lucca comix and games. It is clearly more an action adventure shooter with a branching narrative than a RPG.

Let's debate what an RPG is guys! If Witcher 3, Deus Ex and Mass Effect 2 are RPGs, then this game would have to be simpler than Far Cry 3 to not qualify.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom