Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
shows you don't understand the issue. But somehow I am not even surprised.

What an egocentric shitheat you are.
After failing miserably to grasp what I'm saying at the deep level and comment on my remarks like Captain Obvious, you're sperging about fluidity.
And all that because you got butthurt because even if this game will turn out to be a half assed RPG, it will be more of an RPG than Dico Elysium will ever be.

And I "don't understand the issue" when I said three years ago that whoever expects this to be a somewhat faithful iteration of the tabletop game, is deluded.

Harthwain

Magister
...said the egocentric shithead.

After failing miserably to grasp what I'm saying at the deep level
There is no "deep level" to what you're saying. You were simply outplayed and rage now, because you just realized that.

and comment on my remarks like Captain Obvious
Apparently not obvious enough for you to grasp why someone else responded to you the way he did.

And all that because you got butthurt because even if this game will turn out to be a half assed RPG, it will be more of an RPG than Dico Elysium will ever be.
Huh... You're the one who, out of the blue, moaned about Disco Elysium and CP77 somehow "beating it" in RPG category. So who's really the butthurt one here?

And I "don't understand the issue" when I said three years ago that whoever expects this to be a somewhat faithful iteration of the tabletop game, is deluded.
Again; this shows you don't understand the issue. This isn't about the game being "faithful iteration of the tabletop game". Wake up and try to actually read before answering someone.

thesecret1

Arcane
Cyberpunk will be a pure RPG that our studio is known for.
Guise you don't get it, it's not gonna be a "pure RPG" it's gonna be a "pure RPG that our studio is known for" ie a shallow as fuck cinematic experience with terrible combat. They've been completely honest since the very start, we just didn't understand them correctly!

jf8350143

Liturgist
When CDPR boast about 2077 being a true and deep role playing game to build the hype then cutting half of the features and pretend it's still a rpg, of course people are going to be bitter about it. It's called false advertising and betray your audiences.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This will be cyber GTA 5 with some shallow RPG coat over it like most AAA games these days, I dont know why you guys care about the lies the marketing department say, I will enjoy this game for the same reason I liked the Nu-Deus Exes, you exploring a open world with a certain unique aesthetics and that is it. This will be an RPG the same way some people call Skyrim or Fallout 4 RPGs, just some shallow ability trees for you to grind XP on your action game, and there you have a RPG in AAA lingo.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

After failing miserably to grasp what I'm saying at the deep level
There is no "deep level" to what you're saying. You were simply outplayed and rage now, because you just realized that.

and comment on my remarks like Captain Obvious
Apparently not obvious enough for you to grasp why someone else responded to you the way he did.

Huh... You're the one who, out of the blue, moaned about Disco Elysium and CP77 somehow "beating it" in RPG category. So who's really the butthurt one here?

Again; this shows you don't understand the issue. This isn't about the game being "faithful iteration of the tabletop game". Wake up and try to actually read before answering someone.

cool recital retard
now pat yourself on the back for a job well done in logical reasoning loophole department with the great accomplishment of not conveying anything.

at least you had an attempt at originality by finding and pressing the bold button

You're the one who, out of the blue, moaned about Disco Elysium and CP77 somehow "beating it" in RPG category
Excuse me!
Next time I will PM you in advance and ask if I can reply to your inane postings and if my out of the blue moaning will not stress you out too much.

You were simply outplayed.
that's exactly what an over infatuated schmuck would say because he sees everything as a game to win and wanking his ego with the laurels is his hobby. :)

Hey, it's Grotesque. He's fighting hard for the Most Perpetually Butthurt Codexian trophy, currently a bit of a toss-up between him and FeelTheRads.

hey! what's up fucktard? got tired of being skullfucked on the corona virus thread and went out for some fresh air?
could it be really you?
another pompous retard which for 7 years had nothing to say/comment about this game and all of a sudden acts as an authority on the matter?
knock yourself out bitch!

EDIT: still getting inspired by the writing in Disco Elysium?
have more quotes to think about while contemplating for a reply?

EDIT2: had to quickly put an e in skullfucked, otherwise the other retard had to fiddle with the bold option once more

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Hey, it's Grotesque. He's fighting hard for the Most Perpetually Butthurt Codexian trophy, currently a bit of a toss-up between him and FeelTheRads.

hey! what's up fucktard? got tired of being skullfuckd on the corona virus thread and went out for some fresh air?
could it be really you?
another pompous retard which for 7 years had nothing to say/comment about this game and all of a sudden acts as an authority on the matter?

Gentlemen, I rest my case. :D

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

hey! what's up fucktard? got tired of being skullfuckd on the corona virus thread and went out for some fresh air?
could it be really you?

Gentlemen, I rest my case. :D

Fucktard, everything I've said is true.
At your 49 years and counting, learn to appreciate truth.
Try to transcend your "vatnik" state of being.

And stealing lines from games to look cool around here is "untruthful" :)

EDIT: and if you bring out other members, at least tag them for them to have the option to defend themselves, you cunty rat

Last edited:

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Cyberpunk will be a pure RPG that our studio is known for.
Guise you don't get it, it's not gonna be a "pure RPG" it's gonna be a "pure RPG that our studio is known for" ie a shallow as fuck cinematic experience with terrible combat. They've been completely honest since the very start, we just didn't understand them correctly!
It's the old No Man's Sky trick. Hype up a game as something epic and earth shattering, then when it inevitably disappoints, the fanboys have to rewrite history and say it was always going to be shallow garbage.

Quillon

Arcane
It's the old No Man's Sky trick. Hype up a game as something epic and earth shattering, then when it inevitably disappoints, the fanboys have to rewrite history and say it was always going to be shallow garbage.

Hardly. NMS hid its true nature up till release, we know what CP77 will be like for a while now and still several months to go. Change your expectations now, before its too late :P

There is nothing to rewrite history for, they were originally gonna make a more complex RPG, W3 took devs out of CP team, then some devs quit etc, they changed directions, here we are.

Curratum

The ammount of cdprblowjob in this thread is staggering :D

You can both like CDPR and not be excited about CP. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of the past decade, but I still think CP will be ok at best, given what we've seen so far.

Prime Junta

The ammount of cdprblowjob in this thread is staggering :D

You can both like CDPR and not be excited about CP. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of the past decade, but I still think CP will be ok at best, given what we've seen so far.

FWIW I have low expectations in all regards other than visuals/atmosphere. Kinda amused that it's even discussed here as much as it is.

When CDPR boast about 2077 being a true and deep role playing game to build the hype then cutting half of the features and pretend it's still a rpg, of course people are going to be bitter about it. It's called false advertising and betray your audiences.

Still looks more like an RPG than The Witcher 2 & 3. So I guess it would be a betrayal of their audience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom