Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ol'man

Educated
On a scale of 1-10 how woke is this going to be?
A Solid 5. Woke enough to stick in the craw of Codex Hardliners, But just Unwoke enough to be accused by Diehard Progressives that they didn't do enough with the LGBT Elements.

From what little I can see (4 hours) before hitting the 100% crash-to-opening-menu bugs, this.

jungl

Augur
Im in advanced stages in the alpha where you get your godlike powers. There pivotal points where you HAVE to align yourself with a tranny orc or feminist sorceress. Think baldurs gate 2 where you supposedly got slayer form and a bad ass spawn god of murder but still need the help of trannies and stronk women.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe a 3. Kingmaker appeared woke at first glance, but if you actually played the game you'd see that they subverted just about every point of wokeness and showed how badly they actually work. It was a brilliant move by the Russians, the SJW brigade got filtered by spiders, never saw the problematic parts and were appeased, and the fanatic anti-SJW retards got filtered by stronk wimyn, never saw the subvertion, and we can very easily tell their opinion can be discarded whenever they pop up.
The first one was quite playable but there was enough that I got worried over the sequel once I heard of some tranny companions.
Trannies exist in the real world. Having one in your game doesn't make the game automatically woke. It's how they're depicted that matters.

Avarize

Magister
Maybe a 3. Kingmaker appeared woke at first glance, but if you actually played the game you'd see that they subverted just about every point of wokeness and showed how badly they actually work. It was a brilliant move by the Russians, the SJW brigade got filtered by spiders, never saw the problematic parts and were appeased, and the fanatic anti-SJW retards got filtered by stronk wimyn, never saw the subvertion, and we can very easily tell their opinion can be discarded whenever they pop up.
The first one was quite playable but there was enough that I got worried over the sequel once I heard of some tranny companions.
Trannies exist in the real world. Having one in your game doesn't make the game automatically woke. It's how they're depicted that matters.
While that is true, what kind of depiction is more common in this day and age?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I don't care. We're talking about a specific depiction in a specific game made by specific Russians who are very far from American mental illnesses.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't care. We're talking about a specific depiction in a specific game made by specific Russians who are very far from American mental illnesses.

Big picture, filling games with all these strong womynk itself is puerile narcissism at its heart, akin to women surrounding themselves with effeminate men. Mother Nature likes her sexes opposite, and those with good taste do likewise, variety being the spice of life. Strong womynk are akin to English cuisine.

The question is how to extricate oneself from shitty cultural norms. Can't hurt to look for some clues from the samizdat kings.

Avarize

Magister
So in your opinion when something that is generally a medium of identity politics is implemented in a game, it is entirely unreasonable to worry about it because muh based ruskies?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Thank you so much! You're a bro!

Campaign_Wrath.png
It's easy to live life when 'at least they're not Obsidian' is your only criteria for approval

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
The question is how to extricate oneself from shitty cultural norms. Can't hurt to look for some clues from the samizdat kings.
I'm not that worried. Eventually people will realise they have more important things to worry about, and the disease will burn itself out. And I'm not talking about Corona here.

So in your opinion when something that is generally a medium of identity politics is implemented in a game, it is entirely unreasonable to worry about it because muh based ruskies?
Let me answer your question with a question: Have you actually played Kingmaker? If yes, then you should have at least some amount of trust towards the based Russians who did such a good job subverting the expected wokeness. If not, you should probably listen to the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Desiderius

Patron
Eventually people will realise they have more important things to worry about
I don't think it is possible nowadays without 1-2 billions of deaths.

Time heals all wounds. Eventually, Infinitron will even run out of fedoras to give me non sequituriously. I hope.

And Roguey, the strong womynk Mother Nature does in fact privilege us with now and again will be a lot more appreciated once they're no longer stuck being fashionable in the fat, stupid part of the taste distribution.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing the Alpha and surprised at how few bugs I've come across so far. Only serious one is that my arcanist can't change his spell specialization on level up.

Best part so far: seems they've improved enemy spellcaster AI/scripting. Seen a few times where an enemy wizard would start by casting invisibility then spend several rounds casting summon monster so unless you have see invisibility you can't just select all > left click the wizard to win the fight.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Eventually people will realise they have more important things to worry about
I don't think it is possible nowadays without 1-2 billions of deaths.
I'm not sure how you could get to that number. It's predominantly an American problem, secondarily residing in Western and Northern Europe. And even in a worst case scenario you obviously wouldn't have to kill every single resident of these countries for it to stop being a problem.

hell bovine

Arcane
Best part so far: seems they've improved enemy spellcaster AI/scripting. Seen a few times where an enemy wizard would start by casting invisibility then spend several rounds casting summon monster so unless you have see invisibility you can't just select all > left click the wizard to win the fight.
Hm, maybe someone at Owlcat has actually listened to feedback and played the SCS mod.

Desiderius

Patron
Arcanists don't have Counterspell exploit yet.

Let's work on changing that.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ah, had no idea that's how we enabled campaign perks/badges. Whoops.

Enjoying the alpha so far although wish it didn't essentially start with meeting that pair.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Playing the Alpha and surprised at how few bugs I've come across so far. Only serious one is that my arcanist can't change his spell specialization on level up.
Great news on both counts, maybe that KS update about their new bugfinder system wasn't BS after all. How do the "new" classes stack up to their modded CotW counterparts? Arcanist for that one for instance had to go with a hacky dual-spellbook solution to replicate the prepared-spontanous system, same for the Shaman.

guestposting

Educated
Im in advanced stages in the alpha where you get your godlike powers. There pivotal points where you HAVE to align yourself with a tranny orc or feminist sorceress. Think baldurs gate 2 where you supposedly got slayer form and a bad ass spawn god of murder but still need the help of trannies and stronk women.

In the adventure path, there is no trans orc; the trans character is the half orc paladin’s human wifey (it’s Anevia, not Irabeth). I’m halfway through chapter 2 and so far nobody’s mentioned being trans.

One qualification: the alpha is chapters 1 and 2, but WOTR also has a prologue like kingmaker did. Prologue not included.

So far it’s good. The mythic abilities shown earlier ITT are NOT the mythic paths, which are story related. You get to take a mythic level between chapters 1 and 2, before you’ve committed to a mythic path, and the game lets you mix and match abilities for the moment. The choice of initial mythic ability taken at level 6 does not limit your choice of mythic path down the line. Or at least that’s how it works now. You also get a mythic feat taken from a second list (stuff like extra spell slots or unlimited rage).

Less magic loot than at this point in Kingmaker, although there are now a bunch of enchanted weapons that deal powerful debuffs on a critical hit. Like knocking down all nearby enemies that fail a fortitude save.

Great news on both counts, maybe that KS update about their new bugfinder system wasn't BS after all. How do the "new" classes stack up to their modded CotW counterparts? Arcanist for that one for instance had to go with a hacky dual-spellbook solution to replicate the prepared-spontanous system, same for the Shaman.

Haven’t tried that mod for kingmaker, but with arcanist in WOTR, you have your wizard spellbook and then you choose your spontaneous spells like they’re feats or special abilities when you level up. Hexes work the same way.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Now that we have our pledges all sorted out, how do we vote for the rats?

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I am starting to run into more bugs the more I play. But still, it's an alpha so it's forgivable.

I never played CotW but arcanist and shaman both work pretty simply. The UI to prepare spells is the same as that of any prepared spellcaster, but the prepared slots don't go away as they cast them they just lose uses for the level of the spell.

Desiderius

Patron
Spirit spells treated like Domain spells. Not sure why CotW made it so complicated.

InternalRevenue

Educated
Spirit spells treated like Domain spells. Not sure why CotW made it so complicated.

From my reading Spirit magic is supposed to be like having 1 extra sorcerorous slot per spell level, with 2 spell choices determined by whatever spirits you have at the time (how does the wandering feature function btw?). So while treating them like domain slots is much simpler and easier, you lose out on some versatility. Maybe Owlcats's still working on that and a domain slot is a placeholder.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/Shaman/#TOC-Spirit-Magic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom