Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Has there been a new gameplay trailer since the one hour one ten years ago, or have they shown something more? I occasionally check, but since all Cyberpunk news turned into tranny galore look-at-how-woke-we-are-for-loving-the-fags I stopped.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Has there been a new gameplay trailer since the one hour one ten years ago, or have they shown something more? I occasionally check, but since all Cyberpunk news turned into tranny galore look-at-how-woke-we-are-for-loving-the-fags I stopped.

Ah the usual marketing snake oil campaign. Cosplay contest,Celebrities,Themed consoles and Graphic card. About about the game? Nothing of nothing new.

Zer0wing

Cipher
This will be an RPG the same way some people call Skyrim or Fallout 4 RPGs, just some shallow ability trees for you to grind XP on your action game, and there you have a RPG in AAA lingo.
Except better at shtick Skyrim and Fallout 4 does on top of better writing and (I presume, Witcher 3 did not disappoint so this shouldn't too) bangable chicks.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't have deep expectations for this as an RPG, so that video looks good to me as a shooter/stealth/RPG hybrid game. However they do focus on the "you can be guns blazing or hacky stealth" without talking much about the in-between. I want to play a physically stealthy pistol shootin' corporate spy without a ton of hacking, if I can, and I don't know how viable that is.

Quillon

Arcane
Agent 47ish? Will depend on bullet sponge I guess or if there'll be special damage calc for headshots :/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here we go:

What they were planning to show at E3 2020.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/05/cyberpunk-2077-redacted-classification-report-details/

Redacted Cyberpunk 2077 Classification Report Contains Dildos, Decapitations, Implied Sexual Assault And More

Cyberpunk 2077 will be sold unedited in Australia, thanks to the Classification Board's R18+ rating. And according to a redacted version of the Classification Board's ratings decision, expect a lot of sex.

The Classification's decision reports largely exist to explain the Board's justification in giving a game a particular rating. Decision reports don't outline every possible scene that factored into a classification rating, as the Board's director Margaret Anderson explained in Senate Estimates earlier this year. And it's not the first time the Board has redacted a classification decision report, as publishers and developers can ask the Board not to publish a report until a game's launch to avoid the proliferation of spoilers.

The redacted version of Cyberpunk 2077's classification report contains some interesting details worth reading, which we have shared below. There are no story spoilers, but if you want to avoid all mentions of gameplay entirely now is your chance to close the browser tab.

The report notes that "there are virtually no restrictions on the treatment of themes" in Australia's R18+ classification. "The game contains no depictions of actual sexual activity nor does it contain explicit and realistic depictions of simulated sexual activity," the board's report says.

There's a few things to keep in mind here. Implicit sex - sounds of people banging or pleasuring themselves - is treated differently to sex that's depicted on-screen.

It doesn't seem like much of a difference in practice, but under Australia's classification guidelines, games cannot feature any on-screen depictions of sex. Even showing simulated sex on-screen can run the risk of a game being refused classification.

Everything That Will Get Your Game Banned In Australia
Australia might have an R18 rating for video games, but we also have some hugely strict limits on what can actually be classified R18.

The classification report also reconfirms that not all cut-scenes in Cyberpunk 2077 will be in first person, clearing up some of the confusion from the mixed messaging around the game's approach to cut-scenes last year. .

"Cut scenes, including the game's non-interactive sex scenes, are also primarily depicted from the first-person perspective," the Classification Board's report says.

It's Not Clear If Cyberpunk 2077 Will Have First Person Sex Scenes
Cyberpunk 2077, releasing April 2020, asks the big questions about our technology-driven future and what it means to be human. Also, it has tatas and badonkadonks out the wazoo ⁠— but some mixed messaging from the studio has left fans confused as to whether all the cut scenes will be in first person.

The report then outlines three scenes with various redactions.

At various points, the player can [REDACTED] choose to engage the services of male or female NPCs labelled as prostitutes. A [REDACTED] cut scene is then triggered in which the player character accompanies the prostitute to a room and engages in simulated sexual activity.

The sequence is [REDACTED] depicted from the first-person perspective, with breast and buttock nudity visible as the NPC assumes sexual poses and positions, [REDACTED]

In other [REDACTED] first-person cut scenes, the player is able to engage in consensual sexual acts with other NPCs. For example, [REDACTED] has a sexual encounter with a female NPC [REDACTED].

The sequence [REDACTED] uses a a brief wide-angled depiction of full frontal female nudity, to depict simulated sexual activity, with sounds of sexual pleasure emanating from both characters until they implicitly climax.

During one quest [REDACTED]. V enters a sex shop [REDACTED]. Mannequins are posed inside glass cabinets in various sexual positions, including a simulation of rear-entry sex. Other, smaller cabinets contain a variety of sex toys or devices, including a number of oversized phallic-shaped dildos.

[REDACTED] V, [REDACTED] enters a room [REDACTED]. As V lifts [REDACTED] her nose and mouth are revealed to be covered in blood.

She is alive, but [REDACTED] clearly "traumatised". The implication of the dialogue and post-action visual references is that she has been sexually assaulted.

The decision report goes on to note that players can choose to "inflict post-mortem damage on NPC corpses". Arms, legs and heads of corpses can be detached with gunfire, with some stylised injuries and details of entrails and bone visible in some cases.

I've followed up with the Classification Board for clarification on the delay in publicising Cyberpunk 2077's classification rating - as the game was first classified on March 11 - and will update this story if more information comes to light. All in all, the report gives us the clearest indication of the kinds of themes and tone we can expect from the game.

Parents: if your kids ask, this game is definitely not for them.

Danikas

Arcane
EXQ1Gf5XsAE89mS

Gerrard

Arcane
The funny part? This:
oDldUQQ.png

They replaced "the role playing game of the dark future" with "an open-world, action-adventure story".

I read a theory on the Mongolian Basket Weaving Board saying this is a misguided marketing-driven decision because focus-tested research said "RPGs intimidate people" or some other drivel so CDPR now wants to broaden their audiences. As we know from Half-Life 2 and Dishonored focus testing groups of any and all variety are comprised of retards and should be avoided like the plague.
If they did shit like that what makes you think the design of the game itself would not follow suit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom