Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Any relation to the The Last Days mod for M&B? They made a pretty huge overhaul TC, of course based on the war of the ring so Third Age.

Interested in the project, looking forward to seeing it live!

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Really interested in what you think, as I am also a deep fan of RPG genre and played lots of it. As a gamedev, there are many common anormalities/mistakes/boring/cliche done often in most of the genres and I believe genre started repeating itself, not to mention so many startups copying each other or AAA+ games.

Hope you like you see!
I think that you have picked the most guarded IP in existence; you could have had an easier time making a game about Elvis' adventures with Marilyn Monroe.

And you have picked the part of the IP that they have not made a movie (or a game?) of...yet; other than that, good luck with the project.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Definitely have your work cut out for you but Second Age content would be fucking fantastic (assuming you're not C&D'd instantly). Worst case scenario, regroup and go ahead with your Fourth Age concept. I can't imagine they'd give a shit if you went off and did your own thing related to The New Shadow.

If you do the Fourth Age thing, call it Dagor Dagorath.

ironmask

Arbiter
This and kingdoms of arda look promising. Any mod based on tolken get's my attention.

ironmask

Arbiter
Definitely have your work cut out for you but Second Age content would be fucking fantastic (assuming you're not C&D'd instantly). Worst case scenario, regroup and go ahead with your Fourth Age concept. I can't imagine they'd give a shit if you went off and did your own thing related to The New Shadow.
I don't see why they would be C&D. There are already a hundred lord of the rings mods for warband already.

ADL

Prophet
I don't see why they would be C&D. There are already a hundred lord of the rings mods for warband already.
None of them are based on the Second Age afaik. The estate is still very protective of that material even if they've pretty much conceded on Third Age content created by the community.

A horse of course

Hello Efe, welcome to RPG Codex! I wish you all the luck in the world with your mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom