Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

ChildInTime

Learned
This trailer was our first glimpse of the Camarilla leader Prince Cross' in-game appearance:

Screenshot_20200507-180300.png
Screenshot_20200507-174941.png

Not as dashing as in the announcement trailer and concept renders:

Looks like he had too many blood bisquits lately.

Wesp5

Arcane
Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general.

Really? You compare an overlong monologue that was probably motion-captured for a complete game with some small sequences probably improvised for a trailer? And speaking of artstyle, I only remember that everything looked the same in Vampyr and that both story and behaviour of the protagonist were a complete mess. I really hope that Bloodlines 2 will be better on all accords!

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know if anyone cares, but I did a rework of the trailer using what I consider a more fitting song. The current one is just way too Fallout-ish and out of place for me.
Started by simply adding the song to the background and then I did some additional montage/adding sound effects. Then I changed the order of some scenes. I spent more time than I'd ever admit on it to synchronize some musical sequences and lyrics with what happens on screen. Then I added some sound effects and other little touches. This is the final result.

It's a Queen song that, in my humble opinion, really fits that "Malkavian theatrical madness" vibe of this trailer better than the original musical choice.

I thought this was the original and was wondering what was so bad then kept reading backwards and found the original
:M

ChildInTime

Learned
Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general.

Really? You compare an overlong monologue that was probably motion-captured for a complete game with some small sequences probably improvised for a trailer? And speaking of artstyle, I only remember that everything looked the same in Vampyr and that both story and behaviour of the protagonist were a complete mess. I really hope that Bloodlines 2 will be better on all accords!
Yes? Don't take me wrong - I want Bloodlines 2 to be the best thing since the coming of Jesus, but if they can't for even a minute reach the level of animation quality of an AA budget game from 2018 - they got some problems.

Reed is a set protagonist so his reactions and choices are largely pre-determined, won't argue about that.

Artstyle, it's more about preference - Vampyr looked drab but consistent and did not trigger an uncanny valley effect with it's character models.

Prime Junta

Finally got around to checking out the new trailer.

Hype-o-meter twitched a little from zero, where it's been resting for a while. The marionettes were genuinely creepy and the atmosphere felt right.

I also much prefer the Queen song to the danky shane one. Nice job with that

jackofshadows

Magister
Also, stop trying to make this chick happen, she has nothing on Jeanette or VV. VV confirmed to me that I'm not gay when I was a teen, this chick makes me reconsider that confirmation.
Oh yeah? And who else they're suppose to show then, this fat ass? To be fair, second in command Camarilla 'the middle finger from trailer' bitch looks alright.
screenshot-slider-2-7e1a2b.jpg

Zyondyne Dammit man, great job! Queen fits waaaay better.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why does a game from some french studio looks, sounds and animates better than the supposed revival of a 30 years old franchise? Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general. Pretty fucking sad.

A hard battle after a long conversation, eh? Games just can't seem to avoid this terrible 'mechanics'. Ok, maybe not hard - I haven't played Vampyr. But looks like it. Most likely Bloodlines 2 will also have it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why does a game from some french studio looks, sounds and animates better than the supposed revival of a 30 years old franchise? Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general. Pretty fucking sad.

A hard battle after a long conversation, eh? Games just can't seem to avoid this terrible 'mechanics'. Ok, maybe not hard - I haven't played Vampyr. But looks like it. Most likely Bloodlines 2 will also have it.

It could be pretty hard if you didn't had problems. The game had elastic difficulty from what i remember. The battle was great fun and the best thing in the game.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
If these people can manage to pull off the same atmosphere of mystery, brooding danger and irreverence like its namesake, I will gladly pay full price for the game.

But I will not pre-order, I've been down that road before, and there's just no reason to preorder. Ever.

Terenty

Liturgist
Reminder that this game will have shitty bland stale writing on par with Outer Worlds.

I will copypast this prophecy when the game is out

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The original is far less goofy and janky than people are making it out to be.

The original is quite goofy and janky. 7/10 goofy and janky.

edit: this game is so janky it still hasn't been patched properly after decades, the combat is extremely janky and the meta-jokes and splatter scenes are very goofy. This isn't a grimdark masterpiece.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom