Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Mark Richard

Arcane
Ultimate General: Civil War, the battle of Fredericksburg. Hold the line, boys!

lbp5E9v.png

CnmGGT9.png

DraQ

Arcane

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
1jtmRWV.png

Man, fuck sprites.

iYwhs2D.png

At least I got some gold and a couple of gems out of it.
So far I've been mostly going through the respawning monster closets to grind and spend every little bit of gold I can get on training.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

lbp5E9v.png

CnmGGT9.png
Fun fact this game was designed by a total war modder who got fed up with CA.

It's also got really cool battles. The AI is decent enough compared to TW games (still exploitable but hey) and battles have proper sizes.

If this guy ever makes a real Total War clone (campaign map buildup + battles between meeting armies) I'd be all over it.

But the historical design of the battles of course guarantees that battles are more epic and more challenging. Especially the way reinforcements arrive through the course of battle is great.

Beowulf

Arcane

lbp5E9v.png

CnmGGT9.png
Fun fact this game was designed by a total war modder who got fed up with CA.

By fed up you mean the he threw a tantrum like a real prima-donna modder, when he wasn't invited to some modders convention that CA hosted?
And there is some controversy regarding using other people mods in his own mods.

But to give credit where credit is due, judging their first game (Gettysburg) entirely on it's own merits I must say that the AI was far better than in any recent Total War title, and while still exploitable, could provide a challenge (Darth mods were AI mods).
They're doing good work with the resources they have, I'm keeping tabs on their games, waiting for the moment they leave EA to take a closer look.

Danikas

Arcane
By fed up you mean the he threw a tantrum like a real prima-donna modder, when he wasn't invited to some modders convention that CA hosted?
You know AI can't be modded in recent total war games? I guess that had something to do with him quiting modding total war titles. One example Ai in Total war Warhammer is hardcoded to never leave city walls when its defending during a siege.......

:positive:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
O-rmioV9Iu2K1jWu8I-RImaB5ahOYlLb38VX1Q4c-H5_FsQCI5VTEenH93lcwPjYnyANVyN99M7Y=s960-nd

Stalker - Gunslinger mod
E1pFSO6.jpg

:hmmm:
love find the way, even in the Zone
VhRwS4m.jpg

Tomb Raider 3
Took me some time to beat that one, feels like the longest TR game in the series. Hard but still managable. Except Lud's Gate - museum with underground section that still haunt me some nights.

This scene in particular - saw on someone's PC way back (winter '99) but it took me some time to get there by myself.

Might&Magic VI - The Chaos Conspiracy.
Mod is in 2 parts. First one is altered Mandate of Heaven. Second one... had to check if there was a walkthrough on YT. Found it and that was enough to uninstall that crap. Spoiler - it was just set of massive empty maps (if you ignore enemies) where you have to find something, activate in pyramid and win the game. Yawn.
Late game in part1 wasn't fun thanks to magic immune crap - they even shrug off explosive arrows, something that even hardest gargoyles don't do.
Some notable changes? Getting Air Expertise requires finding secret Fly scroll from bank wall. Access to better spells is restricted - Adept Guilds opens only to folks with Masters levels.
7GOfiDP.jpg

2BauPqE.jpg

yBQYE51.jpg

68p7kXN.jpg

l5EHL6P.jpg

those guys are immune to almost everything, shrug off Meteors, falling stars and shrapnels
xdo4203.jpg

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane

DraQ

Arcane
I've decided to upload yet another (old) vid of me doing weird things with blast launchers in CDE:

That's completely unguided, ballistic fire, BTW, against the smallest stock ship in game.
Didn't Liberal complain about shelling at some point?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout 1.5: Resurrection

After finishing F1/F2/FT:BOS I needed another Fallout fix. Apart from the early edgy writing and brutal random encounters where we don't stand a chance it's a really good mod. But unlike in originals, we are locked really quickly when it comes to choosing factions. What I'm saying. I didn't even knew that I made that choice just by asking more one person. But it will be a good motivator to replay it. From what I've seen, there is a lot of choices that can make an evil character questline interesting. I really liked how the companions reacted to what was happening, and we can ask them about our decision or advise. When it comes to the lenght, it's more like original Fallout, which is good, although the difficulty curve when it comes to battles and stat checks in dialogues.

The new weapons are great, especially the one made from sniper rifle and combat shotgun.

The music theme from Albuquerque feels like a genuine track remixed created by Mark Morgan.

fallout22020-03-1517-n1knf.jpg

fallout22020-03-1511-prjr6.jpg

fallout22020-03-1513-h2jfo.jpg

fallout22020-03-1518-kmj5o.jpg

fallout22020-03-1518-17jgx.jpg

fallout22020-03-1519-j0jto.jpg

fallout22020-03-1520-njju0.jpg

fallout22020-03-1617-lbkbh.jpg

fallout22020-03-1618-szjfd.jpg

fallout22020-03-1618-xzkqv.jpg

fallout22020-03-1619-oskmy.jpg

fallout22020-03-1620-06k7q.jpg

fallout22020-03-1719-nvkjg.jpg

fallout22020-03-1723-a4ju6.jpg

fallout22020-03-1818-8mk7r.jpg

fallout22020-03-1822-j5jzm.jpg

fallout22020-03-1917-mnj5z.jpg

fallout22020-03-1917-c6kr4.jpg

fallout22020-03-1918-mwkgx.jpg

fallout22020-03-1919-5lklr.jpg

fallout22020-03-1919-djkei.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom