Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
every time i think of playing the whole saga again i'm also reminded of the absolutely horriterriblawful inventory management of mass effect 1 and of everything of mass effect 3, and i focus on something else. in the end, the least worthy, the second one, is the most enjoyable one. at least its simple gameplay is solid, and still more complex than the average cod.
mordin uber alles.

The second one had less of an identity crisis about which genre it fitted into. The first game was arguably an RPG with action elements, the second one was an action game with RPG elements.

Myobi

Liturgist
(Sorry, my bad, had no clue that there was already a thread about it, got nothing on my search results =/ )

You mean the giant mecha human zelda boss?
Yeah, that was a great ending.

Better than Marauder Shields...

Nothing else will change.

Yeah, kind of expect it... but man, would be a pretty fat chance to forget about Andromeda and give the franchise a better future.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Mass Effect 2 is the better game. Better companions, better writing, better side quests, minimal auto-dialogue, and the complete and utter lack of consequences for choices in the ME series had yet to become fully evident by that point. Its combat isn't that different from ME3, anyway.

The Suicide Mission is way better than anything ME3 has to offer.

Riel

Arcane
Mass Effect 2 is the better game. Better companions, better writing, better side quests, minimal auto-dialogue, and the complete and utter lack of consequences for choices in the ME series had yet to become fully evident by that point. Its combat isn't that different from ME3, anyway.

The Suicide Mission is way better than anything ME3 has to offer.
Nope, Tuchanka in ME3 is better imo. But it certainly blows ME3's ending.

Parsifarka

Arcane
A couple of years ago I tried to replay ME2, which I had a blast with back when it realesed. This time I couldn't get past the first mission before uninstalling: the movement is awkward, the combat mechanics are retarded and the writing pumps cringe into your veins. Overall it poisons your brain and infects your heart with decline, avoid it like kung flu.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
This being EA one can assume the DLCs will still be sold separately.
for bioware points

Jokes on you EA, I never went back to this series or even bothered with the ME3 dlc because the ending was such a shitshow, that isn't changing now. No money for you.

Learned
I would be somewhat interested if they made new content to fix their fuckups, at least the major ones. Instead Nisha, Pajeet and Sanjay are porting the game to PS5. Big fucking news.

every time i think of playing the whole saga again i'm also reminded of the absolutely horriterriblawful inventory management of mass effect 1 and of everything of mass effect 3, and i focus on something else. in the end, the least worthy, the second one, is the most enjoyable one. at least its simple gameplay is solid, and still more complex than the average cod.
mordin uber alles.

To me ME1's itemization was fine, except for the tiers which just bloated the inventory with low tier unusable garbage. Making ammo types a skill was ludicrous. The thermal clip thing was particularly pathetic.

Dramart

Learned
Yes but you can't consider him a final boss, and combat in ME3 is better, the shooting and the movement of Shepard is smooth, ME2 felt a little stiff. If you think otherwise you know nothing about shooters.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yes but you can't consider him a final boss, and combat in ME3 is better, the shooting and the movement of Shepard is smooth, ME2 felt a little stiff. If you think otherwise you know nothing about shooters.
ME2 is also extremely bullet spongey on insanity difficulty, and ME3's AI(especially with regards to squad tactics, flanking, and flushing you out of cover) are drastically better.

Cat Dude

Savant
Unless it's a remake like the recent resident evil or FF7, otherwise it's just wasting time and resources.

The graphics of these games are good enough, making them prettier won't do much. As a matter of fact the devs now days should put more effort into something other than the graphics.

Not a huge graphical jump to warrant a remake.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
3>2
at least it's a good shooter, 2 is the worst at everything with an even worse ending than 3
Good shooter? There were like three types of enemies recycled for 30 hours of gameplay. Even """boss fights""" were just encounters with those same boring enemies. The only part that stands out in my memory is the sand planet.

Vorark

Erudite
Was there really a need for a thread split?

Auto-dialogue in ME3 should have been toned down and, when used, linked to the paragon/renegade score. It's true ME1&2 had many options resulting in the same line being spoken, but there were nuances here and there that helped with characterization.

For example, during a convo with Ashley in ME1, she asks Shepard why he joined the military and, among the options, the player could select "to leave Earth behind"; later, in ME2, there was an option to call Earth a dumpster in an exchange with an npc, which reinforced his ME1 stance. It meant you could sort of role play as a character who joined the alliance as a means to an end, without noble ideals in mind. Yet in ME3 he suddenly cares about the planet, and the game doesn't give you a single option to at least let Shepard express distaste to be back, let alone save the planet. Probably wasn't that jarring to most people since saint paragon was the preferred way to play.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It's true ME1&2 had many options resulting in the same line being spoken,
Only ME1, this isn't a problem in ME2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom