Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcin

Novice
Looks like I found another bug - when I start new game with custom made characters, my Male Wood elf turns into female wood elf, and male stronghearr halfling turns into Female Gold Dwarf.
This looks like introduced with 1.0.76
Also, this seems to affect my old save that I posed already.
This affects characteristic modifiers - other character stats seem to be in place.

Playesrs and save attached:
https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/lNsMt4z
https://www.rapidshare.com.cn/jBLu38w

Fixed mixups, unfortunately not back compatible

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all,

I was hoping to contribute to Temple+ by going through the .dlg files, line by line, and correcting any typos, missing punctuation, etc. I had unpacked the .dat files, finished editing the dialogues of the first few Hommlet villagers, only to realize my changes weren't being registered in-game. The workaround I discovered was to remove the .dat files from the ToEE directory (keeping them safe in another folder, of course). This apparently forced the game to recognize my edits.

However, I am now concerned about compatibility issues. Will Temple+ be able to update games with unpacked files? Will I have to repack the .dlg files in order to submit them? Thanks for any guidance here--I'm new to ToEE modding.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Greetings all,

I was hoping to contribute to Temple+ by going through the .dlg files, line by line, and correcting any typos, missing punctuation, etc. I had unpacked the .dat files, finished editing the dialogues of the first few Hommlet villagers, only to realize my changes weren't being registered in-game. The workaround I discovered was to remove the .dat files from the ToEE directory (keeping them safe in another folder, of course). This apparently forced the game to recognize my edits.

However, I am now concerned about compatibility issues. Will Temple+ be able to update games with unpacked files? Will I have to repack the .dlg files in order to submit them? Thanks for any guidance here--I'm new to ToEE modding.
Hi, thanks for the effort but that sort of thing is better suited for the Co8 mod (and I'm sure they've done plenty of proofing already). Also don't forget that T+ can be used with non-english ToEE.

Thanks for the reply, Sitra Achara!

I'm surprised you're not interested, though. I would have thought typos, misspellings, and the like would be considered bugs. I'm certainly not expanding the text--merely correcting oversights like "greatful" and "shepard" to "grateful" and "shepherd," etc.

Alas, I don't have much interest in contributing to Co8. Their project doesn't reflect my motivation, which is to polish the original game. It wasn't my experience the last time I played their mod that anyone had gone through the original text with a fine-toothed comb, but perhaps that has changed since then.

In any case, thanks again for responding, and, as always, much appreciation for all your hard work!

Damianus_NT

Novice
Hi, I have a small issue with the ToEE interface (using Temple+).

When I hover the mouse cursor over an item in character's (or shopkeepers) inventory, both the on-cursor item description (price or "SHIFT click for more info.") and the detailed description below do not appear. You have to move the cursor once more (even a single pixel) if you want descriptions to show up.

In the original, box version of the game (patch 2), GOG version and GOG version with Co8, there is no such problem. The item description appears shortly after you point at the item.

Only when using Temple+ one needs to point at the item, and then move the cursor slightly to trigger the description.

Is this normal behaviour or some sort of a bug? Is there any workaround? I hope this is a right place to ask.

I have finished the vanilla game for the first time recently, and I can't wait to play it through once more with Co8 and Temple+. Both these projects seem glorious.

EDIT:
Here's a link to a short video demonstrating this weird issue.
https://youtu.be/7iD2Z3u1GwU
Temple+ v1.0.76

EDIT 2:
Temple+ v1.0.77 has the same problem.

Fixed 1.0.83

Al-hazred

Barely Literate
Hello everyone,
I've started a new TOEE run and I wanted to try the swashbuckler class, added in the last Temple + update. The class feature Insightful Strike gained at level 3 doesn't work properly, Intelligence bonus to damage rolls doesn't add.

Berul

Literate
I'm also having crashes when changing areas (aswell as when loading a game).

Those crashes are random, that is : the game might crash twice in a row when I try to load a save, then load it fine. When changing areas, it won't crash everytime, but there's a good chance it does.

This first appeared during my last playthrough, not long after rescuing Prince Thrommel. Since I though the save files were corrupted, I started a new game. Everything was fine until I reached the temple, then I rushed to rescue Thrommel, and I had the same kind of crash just after a random encounter when going back to Hommlet.

I'm not sure that it's related to Thrommel's rescue, but the fact is that, in both playthroughs, it started happening not long after.

Also, minor bug : Aasimars and thievlings get 1 extra skill point from being human (which they shouldn't get) at each level up starting at level 2.

Edit : I have savegame just before rescuing Thrommel, and another one just after rescuing him (still in the temple). No fight occured between the 2 saves. The first one loads fine (I tested that 9 times), while the second one crashes maybe 50% of the time.

Fixed (workaround) for v1.0.82

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I'm also having crashes when changing areas (aswell as when loading a game).

Those crashes are random, that is : the game might crash twice in a row when I try to load a save, then load it fine. When changing areas, it won't crash everytime, but there's a good chance it does.

This first appeared during my last playthrough, not long after rescuing Prince Thrommel. Since I though the save files were corrupted, I started a new game. Everything was fine until I reached the temple, then I rushed to rescue Thrommel, and I had the same kind of crash just after a random encounter when going back to Hommlet.

I'm not sure that it's related to Thrommel's rescue, but the fact is that, in both playthroughs, it started happening not long after.

Also, minor bug : Aasimars and thievlings get 1 extra skill point from being human (which they shouldn't get) at each level up starting at level 2.

Edit : I have savegame just before rescuing Thrommel, and another one just after rescuing him (still in the temple). No fight occured between the 2 saves. The first one loads fine (I tested that 9 times), while the second one crashes maybe 50% of the time.
Did you by any chance get his armor and have a dwarf wear it?

Berul

Literate
Yes indeed Oo. Is that a know bug ? Seems kind of weird.

If this means that my dwarf tank can't wear Thrommel's armor, what about a regular mithral Full plate ? Does that also crash the game ?

Last edited:

__doug__

Novice
Hello everyone,
I've started a new TOEE run and I wanted to try the swashbuckler class, added in the last Temple + update. The class feature Insightful Strike gained at level 3 doesn't work properly, Intelligence bonus to damage rolls doesn't add.

I did a real quick check and it worked as I expected. What armor and weapons did your character have?

The ability is restricted based on the character's equipment. I probably either implemented the check wrong or your character had the wrong equipment to use insightful strike.

Insightful Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

Al-hazred

Barely Literate
Hello everyone,

I did a real quick check and it worked as I expected. What armor and weapons did your character have?

The ability is restricted based on the character's equipment. I probably either implemented the check wrong or your character had the wrong equipment to use insightful strike.

Insightful Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler's insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

It works as intended, I was either using a non-finesse weapon or was so dumb I couldn't read the message in the rolls window properly. My fault, thanks for checking anyway.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yes indeed Oo. Is that a know bug ? Seems kind of weird.

If this means that my dwarf tank can't wear Thrommel's armor, what about a regular mithral Full plate ? Does that also crash the game ?
Yeah there's a problem with the specific 3d model of that armor. IIRC it's also used with the adamantine armor. I think mithral should be ok, not sure.

Berul

Literate
Yeah there's a problem with the specific 3d model of that armor. IIRC it's also used with the adamantine armor. I think mithral should be ok, not sure.

Thanks. I've found another bug (not a temple+ one, likely, but maybe temple+ could correct it) :

A level 2+ paladin with <10 CHA gains a malus to their saving throws (because of divine grace), which shouldn't be the case, according to the rules :

Divine Grace (Su)
At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

(I gave my dwarven tank 3 pala levels, just to get fear immunity. The cost is -1.5 feat and -2 to all saving throws. Not sure if it's worth it, but fear immunity seems to be powerful for some fights)

Eridion

Novice
I'm using the latest version of Temple+ and Terjon doesn't offer to raise dead as an option.

Edit: I'm unable to resurrect at all actually, I tried both Jaroo and a raise dead spell and it just says "resurrection failed" on every attempt (I tried at least 10 times).

Edit 2: Okay it might have something to do with the amulet of health item. I unequipped it from my dead character which set his hp to 43 but still with the dead status, raise dead still didn't work so i tried resting and that just dropped his hp to -10, tried raise dead again still didn't work, I equipped the amulet of health again and he is alive again with 23hp or something.

No idea what's actually going on but something is wonky with death and hp/con increasing items, hopefully this is something easily fixable, if not maybe this post will at least be useful for someone who might encounter this problem.

Could not reproduce this (in particular going from dead to 43 HP??)
If you can send a save that demonstrates this, please do

ImANarc

Novice
I gotta say it was a fun surprised when I loaded this game up after a while and found all these classes added! I think I found something wrong with the Beguiler though; I don't think their trapfinding ability works. I have a save file where no matter what my Beguiler can't find the trap on the Ghast's Chest. But when I multiclassed them into a Rogue they found it no problem. It's not exactly game-breaking but it is annoying having to purposefully spring traps you know are there.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ed4jw6nu547oquu/Beguiler_Trapfinding.7z/file

jewboy

Arbiter
Does the latest version of Temple+ compile with Visual Studio 2019 or should I continue to keep a copy of vs2017 for compiling this project?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"End turn with time remaining" in the preferences menu doesn't work ( it always ends my turn )

Misreported (need to untick end after default action)

"Augmented healing" feat doesn't work

Fixed

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Oversized two weapon fighting" feat is giving you a +2 to hit bonus even if you just make a single attack with your main hand and no attacks with the offhand

Last edited:

__doug__

Novice
Should be fixed next version.

Thanks. I've found another bug (not a temple+ one, likely, but maybe temple+ could correct it) :

A level 2+ paladin with <10 CHA gains a malus to their saving throws (because of divine grace), which shouldn't be the case, according to the rules :

Divine Grace (Su)
At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

(I gave my dwarven tank 3 pala levels, just to get fear immunity. The cost is -1.5 feat and -2 to all saving throws. Not sure if it's worth it, but fear immunity seems to be powerful for some fights)

__doug__

Novice
I think I may see the issue. Please send the file to the temple+ support email if you get a chance.

I gotta say it was a fun surprised when I loaded this game up after a while and found all these classes added! I think I found something wrong with the Beguiler though; I don't think their trapfinding ability works. I have a save file where no matter what my Beguiler can't find the trap on the Ghast's Chest. But when I multiclassed them into a Rogue they found it no problem. It's not exactly game-breaking but it is annoying having to purposefully spring traps you know are there.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ed4jw6nu547oquu/Beguiler_Trapfinding.7z/file

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom