Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Underrail: Infusion Dev Log #2: Shiny Particles

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail; Underrail: Infusion

You might recall that in addition to the upcoming Underrail: Infusion standalone expansion, Styg has also been working on a content update for the original game. In the latest dev log, he reveals that the update will be oriented towards water areas and confirms that it will feature mechanical changes to psi. As for Infusion, there's nothing in the dev log about the expansion itself, but the updated engine it will use now has support for fancy particle effects. That'll make it easier for Styg to implement new abilities and allow the team create more visually appealing environments.

spark.gif
dust.gif

Hi guys,

We're slowly wrapping up the work on the next content update for Underrail. This one is going to be mostly oriented towards the water areas in terms of content, and, as hinted before, will also feature mechanical changes to psi. It's coming soon™ and I don't really have anything more to say about it until it arrives, so instead I'll show you something cool that we've made for Infusion.

We're developing a particle system for the updated engine that will allow us to quickly make nice looking and varied effects. Besides being an upgrade to the previous system visually, the more important aspect of it is that it will allow me to more easily add new psi, special, and item abilities, because now I can quickly make effects for those, which was the most tasking part of the process. Also, the level designers will be able to use the new system to further customize the areas and really bring the environment to life.

Speaking of which, we now have an additional team member working full time on level and quest design, as well as writing, so we're going to be able to produce more content faster in the future. We're planning on at least one more major content update after this one, but, of course, at some point we're going to have to focus more on Infusion.

Let us know how you like new visuals.

Cheers.
Fantastic. I guess that content update might be more like an update for the Expedition expansion in practice.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
That looks very nice, bre. I hope that in future we will travel to glorious slavlands.
Tho im going kinda miss old look of the game, it had this weird cozy look that reminded me ambitious flash rpgs.

Rarre

Educated
So I will wait until the update arrives to continue the Expedition...
Great news

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So I will wait until the update arrives to continue the Expedition...
Great news
I can’t recall a game which I could return to after a year or so and proceed the last savegame.
That looks very nice, bre. I hope that in future we will travel to glorious slavlands.
Tho im going kinda miss old look of the game, it had this weird cozy look that reminded me ambitious flash rpgs.
The premise is: instead of cucking, Russia stroke back NATO aggression in Yugoslavia which led to a nuclear war. You know the rest.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
which led to a nuclear war
Would never happen.

Nuclear war could only happen between ideological opponents - USSR in times of Stalin and USA.
USSR even in post-Stalin era wasn;t idealogical opponent, as Khrushchev (if you think just a little bit about Moon hoaz) was helping America in fooling the world about US being first on the Moon just in return for cheap grain shipments, thus willingly destroying the greatest ideological weapon USSSR ever had - their space achievements.
Modern Russia is no different in general from any western country, they are rivals, not enemies, thus no nuclear war, just local conflicts.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Whole new game, if I've understood 1st dev blog about it correctly.
https://www.underrail.com/index.php...:codename-infusion&catid=43:dev-log&Itemid=61
The thing is - there are certain design and technical decisions that were made early during the development of Underrail that are very limiting to us now, but are not easy to change just due to the amount of content that would have to be redone. So instead of taking a hammer to our beloved game, we're going to improve upon all these things (that we yearned to do for years) in a fresh stand-alone game that will still be based on the same engine core and gameplay mechanics. We call this game Underrail: Infusion.

Last edited:

Nijar

Novice
"mechanical changes to psi"
Meaning psi finally gets the nerf it deserves? It's sooo OP.
The level cap on the other hand, some leeway please. The old suggestion to include "disable level cap" option when starting a new game still sounds fair.
Like classic XP or oddity it should be optional and not forced. Just let the user decide, no harm in that in a single player game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love this kind of 2D graphics.

I dream a future where Underrail becomes an established franchise where the original fans will feel betrayed when the jump to 3D will be made. :)

The devs of this game deserve to be rich and waste their lives in debauchery and revelry.

ironmask

Arbiter
Finally bought this game and DLC today. I will try it out when I am done with Morrowind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom