Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Tancred

Learned
Did people actually like Ciri as a character or do they just want more material for their technically-its-not-incest stepdaughter fantasies?

Pipedream: I would rather see a prequel with an interesting structure, say Geralt, Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir sitting round a fire one winter in Kaer Morhen getting drunk and recounting their adventures which you can play like an independent module, each one set in a map roughly the size of White Orchard. Use the writers who did Hearts of Stone/Baron. Outsource combat to Deck13 (The Surge devs) with different weapons/abilities for each witcher since CDPR is apparently incapable of creating quality combat, bring back dice poker and add some new waifus. I'd buy that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

To celebrate the 5th anniversary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Marcin Przybyłowicz, the Music Director, invited his musician friends to recreate the main theme from the game!

Thank you for bringing back these fond memories!

Deleted member 7219

Did people actually like Ciri as a character or do they just want more material for their technically-its-not-incest stepdaughter fantasies?

Pipedream: I would rather see a prequel with an interesting structure, say Geralt, Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir sitting round a fire one winter in Kaer Morhen getting drunk and recounting their adventures which you can play like an independent module, each one set in a map roughly the size of White Orchard. Use the writers who did Hearts of Stone/Baron. Outsource combat to Deck13 (The Surge devs) with different weapons/abilities for each witcher since CDPR is apparently incapable of creating quality combat, bring back dice poker and add some new waifus. I'd buy that.

I like Ciri but there should be no romantic feelings between Geralt and Ciri, that would be retarded.

I want to see another Witcher game but I think Blood & Wine gave Geralt a perfect send off. I'd like to play as another witcher, and Ciri makes the most sense to be that person (another dude would just be compared to Geralt).

xuerebx

Erudite
I'm playing this for the first time, got 49 hours under my belt, and just finished a few quests in Skellige. Unfortunately the exploration system in the game is weak so now I'm just focusing on the main quest so I can finish the story. I don't recall the first two games being this way but then again I played TW1 around 12 years ago so my memory is hazy.

Did anyone else feel the Ciri parts where you play as her were out of place? Those segments could have been played out automatically through cutscenes.

Zeriel

Arcane
And there hasn't been a single AAA game worth playing since. Really puts the state of the industry into perspective.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And there hasn't been a single AAA game worth playing since. Really puts the state of the industry into perspective.

Star Citizen will release any day now.

Right after DRUMPF goes down for Russian hacking.

Semiurge

Cipher

Hmm, that sounds familiar...

1:40

xuerebx

Erudite
Exploration is better in blood and wine because the map size is much smaller.
Witcher 1 had smaller chapter locked maps that had unique staff to look out for. even in the dreaded swamps.

I only have the base game, but I had a look on steam and the reviews are "overwhelmingly positive" so perhaps I'll keep an eye on the expansion.

Re. TW1, you're right the game was split into chapters with smaller maps which I think worked out better for this type of game. Vizima was a really interesting place to explore.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'd rather they just make a canon decision and roll with it like New Vegas did, but I know I'm in the minority.

Though they'd probably choose retiring with Yen which would break my heart as Trish is my redheaded waifu.

New Vegas has a cannon ending?
Yep.
The tunnelers come and fuck everyone up because nobody did anything about them.
...You do remember Ulysses warning that they were on their way to destroy the mojave, right?

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yep.
The tunnelers come and fuck everyone up because nobody did anything about them.
...You do remember Ulysses warning that they were on their way to destroy the mojave, right?

You're like a wind-up toy that just doesn't shut the fuck up. If anyone want fucking fanfiction, they're not going to ask the amertard - that the American retard, i.e. you sunshine.

There's no fucking canon ending in FONV, you shit for brains.

JDR13

Arcane
I thought you had discovered a secret ending where you could decide to blow up Vegas with cannons. Talk about false advertising...

Semiurge

Cipher

Jailbait-Ciri was uncanny valley
wtfamireading.png

Tancred

Learned
I want to see another Witcher game but I think Blood & Wine gave Geralt a perfect send off. I'd like to play as another witcher, and Ciri makes the most sense to be that person (another dude would just be compared to Geralt).

I thought Ciri wasn't a proper witcher due to not going through Trial of the Grasses? That means no enhanced reflexes, can't consume potions or see in the dark etc. She'd be a pretty gimped witcher even with her bullshit powers that W3 gave her.

Also it's supposed to be a recurring theme that the time of the witchers is coming to an end, the truly dangerous monsters have nearly all been killed off and society is becoming industrialised and organised enough to not need wandering witchers to defend them. Admittedly that's more of a book theme and W3 in particular has ancient legendary trash monsters all over the place so eh...

At the end of the day if they want to do a Ciri game they will and that stuff will be handwaved away. I'd still rather see a prequel, to see what it's like being a more normal witcher instead of the White Wolf. Eskel would be a good choice.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I thought Ciri wasn't a proper witcher due to not going through Trial of the Grasses? That means no enhanced reflexes, can't consume potions or see in the dark etc. She'd be a pretty gimped witcher even with her bullshit powers that W3 gave her.
Pretty much. She'd probably die of poison or some sickness or infected wound pretty quickly, and even if she didn't, she'd have to look for new career opportunities relatively quickly due to aging like a normal human being. Being a witcher is not like your average soldier or sellsword job that you could probably keep on doing for decades.

More importantly, almost every character in the books or the games would make for a more interesting protagonist than Ciri.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom