Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Yeah, listen to an audio book about a legitimate topic if you're that starved for background distraction to save you from the terrifying thoughts your own mind produces. At least something might sneak in as opposed to some opinion on if they handled Triss's romance quest well or not.

Thunar

Educated
You could just listen to music or some podcasts instead.
I don't like listening to podcasts while I do things, I like to listen to them while I commute or before sleep.
I don't like to listen to music as background noise, I sit down with albums, actively listening.

Yeah, listen to an audio book about a legitimate topic if you're that starved for background distraction to save you from the terrifying thoughts your own mind produces. At least something might sneak in as opposed to some opinion on if they handled Triss's romance quest well or not.
I don't like audiobooks, I read books, that's one of my favorite things to do, I don't understand why I would want someone to read them for me while I don't even pay attention.
Most of the books I enjoy probably don't even have audiobook versions.

It's precisely because it's about video game or movie analysis that it fits so well for background listening.
I'm not stressing if I miss details about Triss's butt, but I do care if I'm missing something out of a book, podcast or music.
These long videos are for pure escapism, I often listen to them while I'm playing blobbers or wargames.

Thunar

Educated

Can't believe I have never heard of this game. A couple of the people from black isle worked on it, people from the bg2 and van buren teams.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Can't believe I have never heard of this game. A couple of the people from black isle worked on it, people from the bg2 and van buren teams.

Haven't watched the video but I remember reading review of it from finnish gaming magazine, got pretty average score IIRC from their "rpg guy", who had pretty good taste.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Really? Because they released the game in pretty bad state and even after patches (1.10 being the final one, called Reloaded) it was still average at best.

Last edited:

Thunar

Educated
Yeah, it's not an exceptional game by any stretch, but it certainly has got some charm to it. I'll try to play it in the near future. Will report.

Last edited:

Arryosha

Learned
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Georggreat's reviews are interesting and under-viewed.

Thunar

Educated
Yeah, he's been mentioned, but it doesn't hurt to mention him again, he's really good.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I like his stuff otherwise but I dislike the sketches with the plush toy, not sure why he feels those are necessary.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Metal Fatigue?
Hell yeah baby, it's another episode of Where is My Lost Limb with My Lucky Katana.
fuck Neuropa, bunch of weirdos and xenolovers

Puukko

Arcane
Is that a... presentable looking fellow covering retro video games? I expected an awkwardly balding fat slob of a manchild, damn it! I didn't pay for this!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Is that a... presentable looking fellow covering retro video games? I expected an awkwardly balding fat slob of a manchild, damn it! I didn't pay for this!

There are a few others who covers old games, and looks presentable, shocking I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom