Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serious Sam 4

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not too keen on long rides in empty levels just for the sake of it. The format of the previous games worked well enough.

Silly Germans

How do they even stay in business. Are the old games still selling enough to keep them afloat ?
Or are they just a team of two people or so ? Were they paid tons of money for making those
VR spin-offs ? The only titles that sound like proper games were released 2011 and 2014 unless
i am underestimating all those VR releases and re-releases.

Ivan

Arcane
looks like more of the same comfort food. will definitely wait for a sale. it's nice to seem them admit to some of the criticized "modernizing" found in Sam 3, particularly the slow opening with its confined levels, also, there doesn't look to be any reloading automatic weapons here.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Looks like they finally fixed the double-barrelled coach gun. Took them 4 games to do so. :P

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Some of those Roman assets look like they are straight recycled from Talos Principle (not a bad thing). It will be funny to run around mindlessly blowing shit up in the same locales where I spent hours working out some puzzle solution. And I have no doubt there will be some Talos Principle related easter eggs.

schru

Arcane
These are all the things that made Sam 2 good, the only reason people don't like it is because it was unfunny.
It had its moments. There's something great about how lazy and unapologetic this cutscene is:

Silly Germans

I hope the gimmicky melee kills from SS 3 are gone. Is there any information on that ?

JDR13

Arcane
It looks like an updated version of the first 2 games.

I'm not getting a SS2 vibe here. What they've shown so far of the world and enemies is a lot closer to FE & SE than SS2.

Venser

Erudite
I would never play an FPS on a console but if someone cares...

Stadia Exclusivity Will Keep Serious Sam 4 Off PS4 And Xbox Until 2021
Serious Sam 4 is coming to PC and Stadia in August 2020. Yes, you read that right… Stadia. While previous previews of the game indicated it would also appear on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Google’s cloud gaming service will get Serious Sam 4 long before any traditional consoles.

“The game is still coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 after its period of exclusivity is over with Stadia,” a rep for publisher Devolver Digital told Kotaku over email, adding that those consoles won’t receive Serious Sam 4 until 2021 after further inquiry.
Serious Sam 4, developed by the Croatia-based Croteam, is the series’ first mainline game since 2011. In series of short preview videos released alongside today’s announcement, the developers show off what players can expect from the combat, enemies, weapons, music, and the new Legion system, which is said to support “hundreds of thousands” of enemies on-screen.

https://kotaku.com/stadia-exclusivity-will-keep-serious-sam-4-off-ps4-and-1843568732

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom