Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PBEM crowd

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
I've recently got back into habbit of playing Combat Mission through mail and I was wondering whether other Kkkodexers are also playing some good wargames through PBEM. Perhaps we could create some kind of player list so that fellow strategists don't run out of monocle opponents :salute: Anyone interested?

Johnny the Mule

Educated
I was trying to PBEM something with a dude from the Dex.
He cant find his PG2 savegames. :itsamystary:

If he cant do it, are you interested in some PG2 fun?
Its casual, hugely asymmetrical (without custom maps) and I already have it installed. Get the GOG version and we are set to go.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
You mean Panzer General 2? Hm. At this moment I can play Combat Mission (any title apart from the Shock Force), Tiller's Panzer Campaigns or GG's War in the East. If you want to play any of those games, we can arrange something.

Anyways, I was thinking to make a player list in the first post, i.e. user names, links to the forum profiles and preferred games.

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Whats the point of a list with 5 people on it?
Go to dedicated forums.

Anyway, what PzC titles do you have?

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
Whats the point of a list with 5 people on it? Go to dedicated forums.

I'm already registered on dedicated sites, so I'm asking out of pure curiousity. If 5 people are going to find some monocle opponents, then why not?

Anyway, what PzC titles do you have?

Playing Kursk '43 at the moment, so I can PBEM this one.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I might try. All I have with me at the moment is a really shitty laptop. I actually have the first Combat Mission disk nearby. Also have the Russian/Afrika ones as well, but they're a little more graphics heavy IIRC. I'll do some tests to see if any of them can run.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Couldn't find my Afrika Korps CD which kinda pisses me off (the box is here taunting me, though). Been awhile since I loaded up PBEM CM but I think we can do a medium, random generated map and purchase units at X-amount of money.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I can't get the games to work on Win7. I looked up the issue and apparently Battlefront released some patches for Vista, if I remember right. Except they charge money to download them so BF can go fuck themselves as far as me ever buying another one of their games. I tried to tinker with compatibility and what not but it's not working. I'll continue to mess around with it and if I can get it working I'll give you a heads-up.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
That's strange, because I'm on Win 7 64x and CMBB runs like charm without any compatibility modes or Vista fixes from Battlefront. Perhaps patching the game will help?

visions

Arcane
andrzej said:
That's strange, because I'm on Win 7 64x and CMBB runs like charm without any compatibility modes or Vista fixes from Battlefront. Perhaps patching the game will help?

IIRC, the newer versions of the game come with the compatibility patch included, but if you have a an older version, you have to pay for the patch. Maybe you have a newer version?

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
visions said:
andrzej said:

IIRC, the newer versions of the game come with the compatibility patch included, but if you have a an older version, you have to pay for the patch. Maybe you have a newer version?

Hm, my CMBB CD is like 7-8 years old... But I install the game using torrent installers since the CD became unreadable due to amount of scratches it has. I don't know, but I've heard that it's just a matter of luck and hardware/software configuration. Some people run it without problems, others need to pay 5$. Anyways, Battlefront are dicks for selling fucking compatibility patches. Nice way to thank people for buying their overpriced games ;)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Haven't played a good strategy game for years. Any of you guys into PBEM these days? Could you share some recommendations or maybe we could think about establishing some game?

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Kw7dynp.png

Be sure to check out civ4's mods if you do

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'd be down for Civilization 4 or Age of Wonders. If you need someone to crush, that is. I researched this quite a bit a year or so ago. The gist of it is basically what Bing Xi Lao said. Other than that, there's like a whole bunch set during WWII, with the odd other kind of game. I recall being interested in Emperor of the Fading Suns, which has a steep starting curve, and the MP aspect of the expansion to Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari, Alien Crossfire. Unfortunately, the expansion wouldn't work for me at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom