Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, after finally getting my SSD, I decided to give this a try again. The loading times are bearable now, so I might not drop it after getting to Neketaka for the third time. I decided to begin anew with my Skaen Priest because I wasn't feeling my Paladin, but she doesn't have access to Eder or Aloth because I never talked to them in PoE1. I went to Port Maje to hire mercenaries to help me a bit in the beginning, but I can't. The game doesn't allow me to because I'm too low level lololol. I also can't retrain for some reason, clicking the button does nothing. Maybe you can't retrain at lvl 1? I remade my character because I need a rod + crippling strike to get through the cave easier without Eder. The salt I feel because I can't hire mercs at lvl 1 is immeasurable.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
So, after finally getting my SSD, I decided to give this a try again. The loading times are bearable now, so I might not drop it after getting to Neketaka for the third time. I decided to begin anew with my Skaen Priest because I wasn't feeling my Paladin, but she doesn't have access to Eder or Aloth because I never talked to them in PoE1. I went to Port Maje to hire mercenaries to help me a bit in the beginning, but I can't. The game doesn't allow me to because I'm too low level lololol. I also can't retrain for some reason, clicking the button does nothing. Maybe you can't retrain at lvl 1? I remade my character because I need a rod + crippling strike to get through the cave easier without Eder. The salt I feel because I can't hire mercs at lvl 1 is immeasurable.
Hired mercs are 1 level below your main. ...
t. Soy

iroll20s from the get go, breh.

Need to test something?
AddExperience 1234
Problem solved.

Need to level up soulbounds without retardation?
LevelUpSoulbound.... something

Dont remember a command?
Find levelupsoul
Prints all commands that contain levelupupsoul

Main characted id is 'Player_something', type player and autocomplete with Tab
Companions are 'Companion_Eder(Clone)' for example

F11 brings up instant area transition menu (might break scripts, maybe, probably?) so you can teleport from SSS dlc island into the Dark Cupboard shop across the world in a command
Shift + T teleports your party to mouse location

GiveItem aslkdfj
gives you items

Items names you have to guess with the help of autocomplete which is Tab key
But the structures consistent
eg you type LAX01_Head and mash Tab for autocomplete to find that souldbound helmet in SSS dlc, you will recogize it by its name
or
LAX03_ for forgotten sanctum

KillAllEnemies wins a trashfight

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Btw, whoever disgned SSS should be shot.
To get extra arena fights, I have to chase items across the world that activate those fights. Loading screen after loading screen with absolutel nothing inbetween, just chained loading screens, grab item and go back through a bunch of loading screens....

Quillon

Arcane
Btw, whoever disgned SSS should be shot.
To get extra arena fights, I have to chase items across the world that activate those fights. Loading screen after loading screen with absolutel nothing inbetween, just chained loading screens, grab item and go back through a bunch of loading screens....

Least they could have done was making those items available before "activating" SSS, that way we could have obtained at least some of them in the normal playthrough...

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Its so dumb, I have no idea how they come up with that.

No way no how would I have fought those fights without
GiveItem lax01_quest_adra_pearl...

For giggles, I teleport into the Old City via F11 to find that adra pearl by hand.
Guess what happens? It spawns a fishpeople trashfight.
Guess what fight the adra pearl activates in the arena?!?!?!??!?!
And its not like this is your first rodeo, the same fight happens at least twice before that in the game.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
A thing I could not find on the internets, spoilers:

Muatu, the severed head that you randomly get before even setting foot on the SSS island, that summons a barb spirit, that spirit is level 19 independent of your char level...
uvgrbTh.jpg

Num0FUN.jpg

When you fight the arean fights, you get 4 decisions what to do with some souls. WIth the options being:
1. give them to muatu, supposed to make him stronger somehow
2. take em, gives you a legendary upgrade
3. give to island, some plot shit
4. dont remember...

I took them all for me but wondered what Muatu would get. Well, it looks like he gets +1 Might per decisions, lol, gutter trash.

This is him after I reloaded and "quickly" ran through all the fights giving him all the souls, except the first. It looks like he got +1 might per soul, which could have been a legendary upgrade... No abilities gained, nothing else I saw... B A L A N C E D
Fk8Yc9I.jpg

Concelhaut on the other hand SCALES TO YOUR LEVEL
1VxTZpk.jpg

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'm way more perplexed by someone actually asking these questions, like "how does chanting in PoE work?". Unless it's Sawyer getting bored and playing with his alts.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Is it just me or is the starting island waaay overtuned? PotD, scaling only up. We are still lvl 2, but get mobs with 2 or even 3 skulls? Gorecci street is impossible with only 3 people for example, unless there's a very specific party composition you have to use. Is it expected that we do the excavation first and then the side quests? I find myself having to disable the -25% xp mod just to level up faster in the beginning.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, yes, Gorecci Street and the excavation site (exterior + optional skellies there) are quite possibly the toughest encounters in the whole game.
I always visit Gorecci after clearing the digsite, with a 4-man party.

Some people even hire specific mercs just for the digsite (like a druid with Charm beasts or a Blood mage with Chillfog)

But consider the satisfaction of beating them!

All the other side quests are perfectly doable before the digsite.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well, yes, Gorecci Street and the excavation site (exterior + optional skellies there) are quite possibly the toughest encounters in the whole game.
I always visit Gorecci after clearing the digsite, with a 4-man party.

Some people even hire specific mercs just for the digsite (like a druid with Charm beasts or a Blood mage with Chillfog)

But consider the satisfaction of beating them!

All the other side quests are perfectly doable before the digsite.
Yeah, it's only Gorecci that is a yuuuge problem. They have 6-7 people with class levels, they crit ridiculously often even on Paladins with the best armor available + deep faith. It seems like a weird decision to frontload the difficulty in this way. I'm sure someone, somewhere has found a 3-man party that can take them on, probably exploiting charm. Here's the thing with charm in virtually all games that feature it - enemies like to attack them as well, but killing your friend/ally because he's been charmed doesn't make sense from a realistic perspective, making charm ridiculously good in all contexts ever. Having a Druid with charm beasts almost turns the drake fight into a joke, but it's one of the toughest encounters in the game without charm.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I like it. It keeps out the dummies who want to play on the hardest difficulty and steamroll every encounter on the first try.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There's a difference between gatekeeping and it being impossible with most party compositions. You can recruit 4 mercenaries instead of 2 of course, but you don't have access to more than 2 story companions by that point, making me think that it's intended for a party of 3. However, it's obvious it's better/only possible to do it after getting Aloth if going for a "normal" playthrough.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
You can try to outdrink them with potions. Also, poisons apply to rifles so you can poison the mage and ranged units from stealth as first action, it just cost moneyz. I dont remember how much coin you have but 1 stone poison on the mage should be in it.

Can be done with an assassin, Eder and Xoti at level 3 fairly comfortably if Xoti decides to land something.
UaTh29z.png

pomenitul

Arbiter
It's cool how everyone despises this game but the thread keeps getting bumped and we're about to reach p. 350. Long-tail indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom