Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeah, I managed to boil it down to two possible sentences but am finding a hard time relating them to the shields. That is, assuming the shields do represent a reading order by which the characters can be deciphered.

Damn, he really ramped up the difficulty here.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
EYYvFwQUYAAJvMc

Did anyone ever figure out this puzzle?
I've honestly no idea. I think there must be a spelling error in it. 'warriors' would fit nicely in the middle but it turns the rest of the phrase into gibberish.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeah, both sentences I made feature "warriors" in the middle. And both make sense grammatically, but one borrows a word from another language. It fits stylistically with the whole fantasy middle age setting, so I don't know whether to discard it or not.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Godly Warriors Ale
Does it works with the shields, in some way?

I think my
young warriors and
as well as your answer fit after "and master of" of the 4th puzzle but I really don't like my "Y" here.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Like I said there are too many answers... the shields fit the warriors theme nicely, it could be anything...

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
You think my image makes no sense? Grouping the letters by 4 (4 4 4 then M and N then 4 4 4) with same sign and circling directions, and a logical order for the signs, first half without a point and "second half" with a point (I got there due to the "warriors" suggestion), got me the "young" word with little work, not automatically but with little work, and that would make a lot of answers invalid. The only reason, but it's a serious issue, that I'm not sure I got the shields right is that the "Y" really does not work, so it may be something completely different.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
You think my image makes no sense? Grouping the letters by 4 (4 4 4 then M and N then 4 4 4) with same sign and circling directions, and a logical order for the signs, first half without a point and "second half" with a point (I got there due to the "warriors" suggestion), got me the "young" word with little work, not automatically but with little work, and that would make a lot of answers invalid. The only reason, but it's a serious issue, that I'm not sure I got the shields right is that the "Y" really does not work, so it may be something completely different.

It could be just "Young warriors and" , maybe Pierre placed the wrong symbol for the Y or something...

If you look at your I and your W they don't match in the direction pattern either, so I think he messed up the last 4

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
So what are we doing to help.... Spread the words on other forums like for realms beyond , pathfinder and solasta ? Think he will needs it.

Dorateen

Arcane
I remember Jagernaught from the first Knights of the Chalice. The fight with the elementals. Now he wants work as a party's companion. I think it would be interesting if the other elementals were available as well, as high level summons. Any continuity between KotC modules is good.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
So the party can go up to 6 created + 3 recruited? That would be cool, in SSI's games more often than not you control additionnal characters to your six created ones which makes the difference with the only 4 characters of KOTC 1 as much more important.

Also a gelatinous cube and those sentient items are quite cool potential companions.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Notice the green vs grey goblins in the 3rd picture, I wonder if you have to make them a rotworm stew as well

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
And why not adding some unique classe(s) and race(s) to the stretch goals for some very special companions, i'm not asking for a flying burning mage, a blind archer or a floating skull but something equally uncommon would certainly make your game something even more special than it'll be. PST settings and companions did that and look how people still go on ranting about Mask of the Betrayer (which i didn't play) in spite of its engine and combat.
I'm quoting this again because after a long discussion with Tiavals we've decided to include quirky companions in the stretch goals. :)

That particular issue is that the line is placed too low, cutting through one of the portraits. It's not a big problem, but a very simple one to spot and fix, which makes it kind of like watching someone fail to write their name on a line properly and writing crookedly down into it.
Thank you, I will fix this. I've added it to my to-do list. I will also replace the ability-score labels with graphic icons illustrating each ability.

I've heard another developers refer to the same sort of thing as 'greebles' when writing a blog post about their design. Visual elements that would be nice to look at on a piece of artwork in a vacuum that are distracting to the eye in the context of an interface.
I've had a look at that page. I agree.

I cannot change what's already been done but we can strive towards something that looks better in future adventure maps.

Swen is a soulless passionless cunt and I didn't take you for a Larian cultist.
To clarify, I don't know Swen and the only RPG from Larian Studios that I have played is Divine Divinity. My impression of him is derived mainly from the success of Divinity Original Sin. I think that with DOS and DOS 2, a good number of people who previously didn't like turn-based games came to appreciate RPGs with turn-based combat. At least that can't be bad, surely?

Okay, I get that you would have much preferred for a different developer to be responsible for BG 3.

KoTC means a lot to me because when the game was released, I had terrible, horrible dry eyes that I was not able to fix
Thank you Humanity! I'm very glad that KotC 1 helped you through a difficult period.

I think that reducing the blue from the screen helps with dry eyes, as does consuming certain things like grape-seed extract, for the polyphenols. Or, heck, roots!

Anyone who played the game knows that the only thing that mattered in it was the brilliantly recreated D&D tactical combat, that was still extremely easy to pick up and play.
It's true. It's the D&D tactical combat that makes the game so entertaining.

This is going to be a great game. I can already see so many modules being remade using this toolset too.
Thank you for your support! :)

Did anyone ever figure out this puzzle?
On the day that I published this puzzle, I posted a bunch of fantasy images on the Facebook page. A few of these images contain a clue to this puzzle.

Now thats going in a good direction @BlueSalamander , its indeed for the best to have a vote from backers, or come here , remember the codex is always there to help.I know we cant expect top tier 2D art on a budget, but there must be a middle ground , willing artists on deviant art, and a way to avoid another industrial accident.
Thank you! Yes, we will find talented artists and I will take the opinion of players into account.

i've designed a little exercise to fight your phobia for good art , its well know by therapists, you alternate pics of the phobia with reassuring pics so the patient adapt himself.
:D Okay I looked at all the pictures while taking deep breaths. I feel better now. Yeah, I must agree, those pictures are quite splendid.
The roots, I mean!
Are the maps going to be straight 2D? Or will they have 3D layers for higher/lower floors?
The adventure maps are based on large hand-drawn images like in BG 2 and Pillars of Eternity, so they are 2D images. However, in the editor you can specify the altitude of squares. Therefore, you can have higher floors and lower floors. For instance, from a ship you can use bull rush to throw enemies overboard. Soldiers standing atop castle towers can also be pushed off the battlements, to their painful doom. :D

I remember Jagernaught from the first Knights of the Chalice. The fight with the elementals. Now he wants work as a party's companion. I think it would be interesting if the other elementals were available as well, as high level summons. Any continuity between KotC modules is good.
Thank you for the feedback! That's right. Jagernaut is the Water Elemental Prince from KotC 1. Maphistor is the Demon that you could banish in KotC 1, only to have him appear at the very end of the game to fight you. Asharzaelle is a companion in Augury of Chaos. I like the idea of continuity between the games and modules. The other Elemental Princes may also make an appearance.

So the party can go up to 6 created + 3 recruited? That would be cool, in SSI's games more often than not you control additionnal characters to your six created ones which makes the difference with the only 4 characters of KOTC 1 as much more important.
I'll reproduce the FAQ reply about this: Augury of Chaos allows you to create between one and six characters from scratch. Later on, you can recruit up to three companions, and you can have up to eight party members in total.

Also a gelatinous cube and those sentient items are quite cool potential companions.
Thank you for the feedback! I think we will have a lot of fun with these companions! :D We'll probably have a Kickstarter update about them.

Take care everyone! Only about three days to go now before the Kickstarter launch!! :cool:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
So what are we doing to help.... Spread the words on other forums like for realms beyond , pathfinder and solasta ? Think he will needs it.
Well, I've got about two friends I can get interested and... Yeah, that's pretty much it, I've also got no presence on the internet. Perhaps codexers with a youtube channel could mention it?

On the day that I published this puzzle, I posted a bunch of fantasy images on the Facebook page. A few of these images contain a clue to this puzzle.
Alright, I had completely missed this; thanks for the heads up, it reassured me on my results. Damn, this one was rather tough.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
BlueSalamander you sure your stretch goal for 3d models is budgeted right? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity if nothing else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom