Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
The gameplay in CP2077 looks like it's ripped straight out of your generic looter shooter. Damage numbers, bullet sponge enemies, weak guns. They went the borderlands route.

And yet it looks like a vast improvement over where they were at with combat for The Witcher games. I didn't say this looks like it's going to be one of the great shooters, I said the combat looks better than The Witcher games. I'm not seeing what there is the CDPR fanboys are going to have to cope with when everything about this looks like a step up from their previous Witcher games.
I don't even understand this retarded comparison. How are the combat systems in any way comparable? Are you the resident CP2077 fanboy that lost his brains on the sidewalk on the way home or something? Or was Witcher 3 a first person shooter and I just did not notice?

Are you intentionally dense? I didn't say they were similar. But, this looks like it's doing what it's going for with it's combat system better than The Witcher games did with their half assed third rate swordplay. (The little they've shown of melee combat looks better here than The Witcher too) The combat (different as it may be) here looks more enjoyable than what they were doing previously. Since this looks better than their previous stuff, I'm not seeing the disaster CDPR fanboys are going to have to cope with...which is what was previously said, as if this is some kind of step down from their Witcher games.
You didn't say they were similar, but if you are comparing two things, then it's because they have something in common. Comparing CP2077's gameplay to Witcher 3's is as stupid as comparing Half-Life 2 to Chivalry.
You're just another mongoloid affected by brain rot. Learn to make comparisons, retard.

The gameplay in CP2077 looks like it's ripped straight out of your generic looter shooter. Damage numbers, bullet sponge enemies, weak guns. They went the borderlands route.

And yet it looks like a vast improvement over where they were at with combat for The Witcher games. I didn't say this looks like it's going to be one of the great shooters, I said the combat looks better than The Witcher games. I'm not seeing what there is the CDPR fanboys are going to have to cope with when everything about this looks like a step up from their previous Witcher games.
I don't even understand this retarded comparison. How are the combat systems in any way comparable? Are you the resident CP2077 fanboy that lost his brains on the sidewalk on the way home or something? Or was Witcher 3 a first person shooter and I just did not notice?

Are you intentionally dense? I didn't say they were similar. But, this looks like it's doing what it's going for with it's combat system better than The Witcher games did with their half assed third rate swordplay. (The little they've shown of melee combat looks better here than The Witcher too) The combat (different as it may be) here looks more enjoyable than what they were doing previously. Since this looks better than their previous stuff, I'm not seeing the disaster CDPR fanboys are going to have to cope with...which is what was previously said, as if this is some kind of step down from their Witcher games.
You didn't say they were similar, but if you are comparing two things, then it's because they have something in common. Comparing CP2077's gameplay to Witcher 3's is as stupid as comparing Half-Life 2 to Chivalry.
You're just another mongoloid affected by brain rot. Learn to make comparisons, retard.

They do have something in common: They're made by the same developer. I'm not the one that brought this up either; I just said this game looks better than their previous stuff, and since this does look better I'm not seeing what fanboys of CDPR have to cope with. This looks to be an improvement of their previous titles.

Sentinel

Arcane

They do have something in common: They're made by the same developer. I'm not the one that brought this up either; I just said this game looks better than their previous stuff, and since this does look better I'm not seeing what fanboys of CDPR have to cope with. This looks to be an improvement of their previous titles.
Oh yeah, being made by the same people is totally grounds for comparison. Who doesn't compare Death Rally to Max Payne, after all?

Harthwain

Magister
They do have something in common: They're made by the same developer.
Same developer - sure. But is it the same team that made the other games? Even if it were (I doubt it), how comparable is Cyberpunk 2077 to any The Witcher game in the series? They are transitioning from the 3rd person action game focused around melee combat into a 1st person shooter (or at least guns will play a major role in combat). I'd say it's a very different game, despite being made under the same sign. To the point that not having the same people work on it isn't necessarily a disadvantage for them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why does any of this matter when the only point being made is "this combat looks better to me than that combat"? It could be Street Fighter versus Age of Empires and you could say the same thing.

odrzut

Arcane
Shooting combat is much easier to do adequately in a game than melee combat, so it willl be better than Witcher 3 just because of that. Also there will be more variety (Witcher was always 2 swords+optional stuff for lore reaons, this is going to have different kinds of main weapons).

That doesn't mean it's going to be a great FPS, but neither were Mass Effects nor FPS Fallouts. It doesn't need to be a great shooter, it just needs to be a great RPG. I'm much more worried about itemization and leveling than about shooting mechanics.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

European developers shouldn't make games with guns. Stick to swords and bows. Euros don't into pew-pew. Lack of experience is probably why they're future-proofing weaponry - among other things.
You say this and I have to ask, have you played 7,62 High Calibre

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

European developers shouldn't make games with guns. Stick to swords and bows. Euros don't into pew-pew. Lack of experience is probably why they're future-proofing weaponry - among other things.
You say this and I have to ask, have you played 7,62 High Calibre

No. I've been too busy learning marksmanship skills with my slingshot.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It's over. They've become Bioware
Not what they wanted to become, they wanted to be a 2nd Rockstar. Except Rockstar was working hard for all Scottland to become what they are today and CDPR wants to sit lazy developing 1 game per 8 years and doesn't want to go the Rockstars path.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
No. I've been too busy learning marksmanship skills with my slingshot.
Tell me where I can get a slingshot whose sling doesn't snap off at the third draw.
N2X8rdy.jpg

ERYFKRAD You don't know Joerg?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I actually meant citation needed on Rockstar being better than CD Projekt in terms of how quickly they release games. One game per eight years? GTA5 came out in 2013, Witcher 3 in 2015. It's going to end up about the same.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I actually meant citation needed on Rockstar being better than CD Projekt in terms of how quickly they release games. One game per eight years? GTA5 came out in 2013, Witcher 3 in 2015. It's going to end up about the same.
I mean during their golden age of 6th and 7th console generations, ended with GTA Online obviously but still, Rockstar had to work harder to come where they are. CDPR, respectively, released a Twitcher trilogy and that's it.
Cyberpunk 2077 was planned and developed ever since 2012, so that makes 8 years.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
That is wrong. CB2077 was in actual production before TW3 released. The thing is that they restarted their work after release of TW3. That first trailer for CB2077 was trailer for recruitment of people who will work on CB2077. It was released i think the same day TW3 was announced.

Either way.

1927:

Harthwain

Magister
That is wrong. CB2077 was in actual production before TW3 released. The thing is that they restarted their work after release of TW3. That first trailer for CB2077 was trailer for recruitment of people who will work on CB2077. It was released i think the same day TW3 was announced.
Again, this isn't entirely correct. There were many problems concerning the CP77 (the rest you can find in the article, but that would require either using Chrome translate or getting the text into Google translate, which is what I did), so it's not accurate to say that Cyberpunk was being properly developed all of that time:

Former studio employees reveal that new members who joined the team at the turn of 2012 and 2013 never worked on the new game. They immediately had to deal with the then emerging "The Witcher 3", which also had its problems. The premiere was delayed and we waited for the game longer than previously announced by the producer.

This contradicts the assurances of March 2014, when the CDP RED executive director Marcin Iwiński said: "Cyberpunk 2077 is working on a separate team within the CD Projekt RED studio, so really "The Witcher 3" did not affect the production of the game".
Source

Perkel

Arcane
so it's not accurate to say that Cyberpunk was being properly developed all of that time:

Why you write stuff when you know yourself answer ? Yes it was being worked on before, no it was not full production. So it was being worked on since they announced it in first trailer just not at full scale.

Harthwain

Magister
Why you write stuff when you know yourself answer ? Yes it was being worked on before, no it was not full production. So it was being worked on since they announced it in first trailer just not at full scale.
What I question is how much of the time it was really worked on and how long it was "in development". My previous quote (the Kotaku one) highlights this.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom