Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Saravan

Savant
Aha thanks. Right now I'm looking either at that crusader build or something like an aldori defender with monk dip but not really sure where to go from there with that one.
Dex Aldori with 1 lvl monk is a very tanky build, second to the sword saint. Most importantly you will be end game viable tank with your high touc ac. Str tanks dont get much touch ac exept TSS.
Add 4 lvls of swordlord for the 1.5 dex to dmg and adaptive tactics.

How about:
1 Scaled Fist
2 Paladin
8 Aldori Defender
Rest into Swordlord

Dex/Cha main stats.

Am I overthinking it here?

razvedchiki

Erudite
How about:
1 Scaled Fist
2 Paladin
8 Aldori Defender
Rest into Swordlord

Dex/Cha main stats.

its a very good combination, though with the fighter feats you have available and good dex you dont need paladin lvls (you want them for the saves right)? i would drop the 2 pal lvls and take 2 more defender, this way you will have another go of the weapon training feats at defender lvl 9.
with the eldritch arcana mod you can get a trait that changes cha to wis for persuasion checks, that way you can dump cha and your ac and saves will skyrocket.

Saravan

Savant
How about:
1 Scaled Fist
2 Paladin
8 Aldori Defender
Rest into Swordlord

Dex/Cha main stats.

its a very good combination, though with the fighter feats you have available and good dex you dont need paladin lvls (you want them for the saves right)? i would drop the 2 pal lvls and take 2 more defender, this way you will have another go of the weapon training feats at defender lvl 9.
with the eldritch arcana mod you can get a trait that changes cha to wis for persuasion checks, that way you can dump cha and your ac and saves will skyrocket.

Thanks for all the help. Yeah the lvl 2 Paladin I was thinking for the saves. Another question if you don't mind - I know I'm spamming this thread but there are so many mechanics that's difficult to understand. Piranha Strike and Deft Strike, do these "stack"? Can I use them together and is it worth the investment?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Aha thanks. Right now I'm looking either at that crusader build or something like an aldori defender with monk dip but not really sure where to go from there with that one.
Dex Aldori with 1 lvl monk is a very tanky build, second to the sword saint. Most importantly you will be end game viable tank with your high touc ac. Str tanks dont get much touch ac exept TSS.
Add 4 lvls of swordlord for the 1.5 dex to dmg and adaptive tactics.

How about:
1 Scaled Fist
2 Paladin
8 Aldori Defender
Rest into Swordlord

Dex/Cha main stats.

It's a completely different build, but I always have a lot of fun with Paladin 2/Monk 1/Sorcerer 2/Dragon Disciple 4/Sorcerer +1/Eldritch Knight 10. Mind you, a pure build would definitely be stronger. Actually, this is a pretty shitty build (and it's definitely worse than Fighter 1/Wizard 5/Eldritch Knight 10), but it's fun nonetheless. Paladin 8/Monk 2/Paladin +10 is an extremely good build and you will have high touch AC even as a Strength-focused character (but I don't know why you would care about that).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Because she's a Cleric?

Can you (or anyone who knows) explain the main difference on traditional monk and scaled fist dip?
If you take one or two Monk levels, one of the things you are most interested in probably is the AC bonus. Usually, this bonus is based on your Wisdom score, but with the Scaled Fist it's based on Charisma, so it's the way to go if you want to dip as a Paladin, a Sorcerer, an Eldritch Scion or any other Charisma-based class/archetype.

I'm playing Aldori Defender/Swordlord right now using Disarm. Great fun and less complex than a Crusader.

Efe

Erudite
dont you find that whenever you want to use disarm or when it would be very valuable, opponent is something that cannot be disarmed.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've actually been trying that shield bash crusader build that you've been talking about on steam a year or so ago. It's pretty fun. Gives shield users something to do besides sitting there and whacking their swords. I liked it so much I got Jaethal shield bashing as a Spawn Slayer.

Desiderius

Patron
dont you find that whenever you want to use disarm or when it would be very valuable, opponent is something that cannot be disarmed.

Dirty Trick is more versatile, but Disarm generates AoOs for everybody and gets Dazzling Blade in CotW. Also in CotW it only costs an attack, not a standard action. Dirty Trick costs a feat to do that. I've got a different CM on each melee companion.

The only Chapter where Disarm is dead is Season, but you're still full BAB with plenty of damage by then.

Efe

Erudite
i did it in base game
im not saying you are being useless but disarm is largely ineffective on bosses or named monsters..

flyingjohn

Arcane
So a friend of mine want to play pathfinder after liking tyranny.So i am wondering if there is any essential mods that are required,especially in the ui category?He is not a hardcore rpg gamer and is mostly interested in the game because he really likes rtwp rpg's.
Oh and does the game have dead end builds or can you just play with whatever you like?

Rat King

Educated
So a friend of mine want to play pathfinder after liking tyranny.So i am wondering if there is any essential mods that are required,especially in the ui category?He is not a hardcore rpg gamer and is mostly interested in the game because he really likes rtwp rpg's.
Oh and does the game have dead end builds or can you just play with whatever you like?
No mods are really necessary, and if he likes rtwp combat he'll probably love this game.
All builds are generally viable if you don't go higher than challenging difficulty.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
You can definitely make broken and useless builds if you're retarded or careless, but any basic single-classed build is viable on mid-difficulties as long as you pick feats that make sense.
I would say that the "Cleaner" mod is essential, it lets you delete useless loot that causes save file bloat, just make sure you're paying attention when you hit "delete items" so you're not getting rid of anything you want to keep or any quest items.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The game definitely has dead-end builds, but you really need to do your best to find yourself with one. You should do something like picking a single level in every base class and end up with a Wizard 2/Sorcerer 3/Bard 2/Cleric 2/Druid 2/Inquisitor 1/Rogue 1/Alchemist 1/Fighter 1/Magus 1/Monk 1/Kineticist 1/Fighter 1/Ranger 1 or something like that. Even then, you can still efficiently complete the game with your companions, so you really should do the same with all of them to reach a soft-lock status.

Desiderius

Patron
i did it in base game
im not saying you are being useless but disarm is largely ineffective on bosses or named monsters..

How so?

If you're saying OMG CMD! then lol no. True some are casters or Dragons or whatnot, although sometimes even casters do funny things when Disarmed.

I want Combat Expertise anyway because Swordlord, and Greater Disarm doesn't give you as much as the other Greater CMs so can skip that, so cost isn't that high, and I also get Disarming Strike.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
i meant majority of them arent holding a weapon.
and yes cmd is very high on most of them but thats what you build for so should be manageable.

Desiderius

Patron
Dazzling Blade is going to be fun with free Improved Feint from Swordplay Upset

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Anyone knows if the house in the end of time bugs out if you have a full 6man custom party?

Last time I played mercs didn't reach my MC level, unlike companions.
Beside this, no bugs.
When did you recruit your mercenaries? If you know what characters you want from the beginning and recruit all of them at Oleg's post without leveling up, they should only be around 1.000 experience points below your main character and that's an irrelevant amount at high levels.

If you recruit your mercenaries after that point, you risk losing considerable amounts of experience, because mercenaries start at the minimum experience required for the level you acquire them at.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
Did you try dragging the hourglass out of its slot?

Also Quickened Magic Missiles are like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
Yeah, first thing I tried of course.

I had the same bug a couple of months ago. If you have magic items (rods, cloaks...) that apply metamagic effects you your spell, you should try to unequip them before opening the metamagic interface.
Thanks, that was a good suggestion. I unequipped Tristian's three metamagic rods, but that unfortunately did not help either.

I guess I'll live without quickened MM, like Desiderius said it's not like it matters that much. I already have some pretty good level 5 spells I can use instead, and I have a lesser quicken rod for dat dere Fireball spam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom