Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let’s command you guys in Firefight !

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Only missing Catacombs and Azira and we ll have a nice set of orders.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
My squad will take cover in the warehouse for a few minutes, putting suppressing fire on the warehouse with the French to the east.

EDIT: I'm in the middle.of moving this weekend, so I'll be slow to respond. I'll try my best to keep up.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
My squad will take cover in the warehouse for a few minutes, putting suppressing fire on the warehouse with the French to the east.

EDIT: I'm in the middle.of moving this weekend, so I'll be slow to respond. I'll try my best to keep up.
Sadly, order was played before I received that, but it was mostly what I did.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Germany - Part VII - Twenty-third to twenty-ninth minutes into reaching the target

The Germans planned to carry on their assault according to that plan :

roY7neK.png

Bring Egosphere gun to allow CappenVarra's men to lift the head, while the reinforcements under command of Leutnant ERYFKRAD and with the support of U. Falksi's tank would do a long turn by the right, except U. Tindrli Sd Kfz 251/1 which would be used as fire support in the center.

Meanwhile, combat in the central warehouse was still raging, though it was mostly about Germans shooting at French pulling back. At least one Frenchman was killed by Azira's machine-gun :

uszh1SR.png

On the other hand, the squad formerly under's boot command was now under machine gun fire from an unknown enemy further along the road :

dr9t8WN.png

It could be a tank. It could be a machine-gun nest.

On the other side of the battlefield, CappenVarra 's men were still under significant fire, with one man lightly wounded by a ricochet, and almost everyone else suppressed :

pfHfDye.png

By the minute twenty-fifth, as the reinforcements did not arrive yet, the combat was still a lot of firing and not much hitting. Another French unit had been spotted in the warehouse to the right.

nMgB6AC.png

At least two Frenchmen now laid dead in the center after the attack from Lt. Catacombs ' squad and Azira 's tank :

fiRyKUK.png

U. Tindrli, now arrived, had been either poorly briefed or wanted some easy glory for himself. He neglected his order to remain in cover and advanced on the road ...

ywgHShM.png

His commanding officer told him to either move back or accelerate into the cover of the warehouse, but this alternative made U. Tindrli stop for a second...

hdq5uIY.png

... and without surprise from Boot's men :

3e19kHI.png

Tindrli survived though, but he was the only one :

6jY0TtJ.png

At least, the French unknown enemy had been identified. It was a light tank, either R-35 or H-35.

The French opposition was fairly strong, and the German advance seemed halted for the moment. How would the Germans proceed :

kJeq51P.png

To be noted, U. tindrli , while shocked, pulled ranked with U. Boot's squad and took command of it. Meanwhile, U. CappenVarra's men seems a bit more free in movement has the french fire in their direction largely abated.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
OK here no if no but I fucked up with Tindrli's order, moving the APC much more to the right than ordered, and more to the right than it was smart to. Sorry man. I did not pay attention to the exact way you wanted the APC to move, and if it had move as you suggested it would be machine-gunning frenchmen as I write.

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
has my MG joined the rest of the squad, or is it still drinking schnapps with mondblut's skull and quoting Goethe?
(i always give that guy extra booze rations, usually it makes him more useful)
'cause beyond Karabiner range, my current position is a target-rich environment for a MG34 and the frenchies can't get enough of our tasty Mauser 8mm rounds
a round on me for the house, liebe Freunde! (those that don't get a round, get a free shot)

i'd say the revealed frog tank position is ideal for long-range artillery - even when they miss they'll hit another warty toad cheese-wafting gremlin

Egosphere

Arcane
6 artillery shells on that tank, plz. Hopefully, one of them will crash through the house next door whilst the boys are adjusting.

Azira pulls back into the courtyard like so:
AQitp1F.png

killing 2 birds with 1 stone: i) firing at the french infantry to the north, which is not yet suppressed ii) putting himself between Catacombs and the fleeing french infantry in the east

Mondblut tank crew is to make their way into the building beside the one CappenVarra is in now.

'cause beyond Karabiner range, my current position is a target-rich environment for a MG34 and the frenchies can't get enough of our tasty Mauser 8mm rounds
Between Sukhavati's mortar bombardment, and Azira's + my machine gun/main gun fire, I think the French will be completely pinned down. We should cross the clearing soon and push down the left.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Little more eastward. If we can make it in time, I'd like to hit those AT in a two pronged attack with Falksi. As in, I start stacking slightly southeast from at position, while panzer lad zips ahead and punches them from northeast. Assuming Herr Panzer has no objections.

Falksi

Arcane
Little more eastward. If we can make it in time, I'd like to hit those AT in a two pronged attack with Falksi. As in, I start stacking slightly southeast from at position, while panzer lad zips ahead and punches them from northeast. Assuming Herr Panzer has no objections.

Up for this. Let's twat 'em.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
6 artillery shells on that tank, plz. Hopefully, one of them will crash through the house next door whilst the boys are adjusting.

AQitp1F.png

killing 2 birds with 1 stone: i) firing at the french infantry to the north, which is not yet suppressed ii) putting himself between Catacombs and the fleeing french infantry in the east

Mondblut tank crew is to make their way into the building beside the one CappenVarra is in now.

Between Sukhavati's mortar bombardment, and Azira's + my machine gun/main gun fire, I think the French will be completely pinned down. We should cross the clearing soon and push down the left.
FYI the way it works is that artilley will shoot 3 shells fo adjustement then an accurate salvo of 6. The game is "Keep It Simple", so no split of te 6 shells.

I ll shot the 9 of them.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I will execute those orders :

f3INbQn.png

Azira's repositionning
Mondblut's crew moving up, though don't expect them to do much except seeing the opposition
Eryfkrad & Falksi large turn
Artillery on the French tank.
Check where CappenVarra's MG is, and try to put it in position (though I don't have direct control of the soldiers)
Boot troops finishing their crossing.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

AQitp1F.png

Before I post the whole stuff : the shells missed though it really landed nearby. We have 4 artillery left. Should we fire a second accurate salvo of 4 on the tank ?

Egosphere

Arcane

AQitp1F.png

Before I post the whole stuff : the shells missed though it really landed nearby. We have 4 artillery left. Should we fire a second accurate salvo of 4 on the tank ?

Yeah

BTW Sukhāvatī I think the guys you're targeting are the AT gun survivors, so might not be a big threat

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
well at least that splinter was not a big one. reminded me of a serbian tank shell splinter that scratched my forehead 28 years ago.. i was 12 years old and that one was very big compared to the others that we collect during an aggression.. i still have a scar. sadly i don't have a splinter. my sister traded it for a part of Berlin wall that i also don't have any more...

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Germany - Part VIII - Twenty-ninth to thirty-third minutes into reaching the target

These were the orders given to the troops :

f3INbQn.png

And specially for CappenVarra , here is where the MG is :

1PExTPD.png

Azira was thus ordered by his Leutnant to reverse, which he did immediately, not without noticing that another French soldier had been put out of commission, grievously wounded on the ground, while a fourth one, isolated, had surrendered.

I9Dw8IR.png

The Leutnant Egosphere ordered the artilley to stop sending smoke shells and rather focus the artillery on the French tank.

The first two adjusting shells were accurate enough :

vFnkMrp.png

VKzphU5.png

.. and the third one real close. The upcoming salvo should be devastating :

V16hvEA.png

Meanwhile Boot's men, now commanded by the Unterfeldwebel tindrli , had crossed the tracks fully and were trying to hit the last Frenchman to evacuate his position :

rzSkysY.png

It seems they missed him though.

Even Azira reversed his panzer to try to get him, but to no avail :

NsAeWnY.png

Another running Frenchman, from the AT gun crew, escaped ERYFKRAD 's men bullet by an inch :

2ayGwse.png

At this point, the artillery salvo reached the battlefield :

uGd5S6l.png

7phrw54.png

... to no effect on the French tank, apparently.

OqSf3a4.png

Another salvo with the last German explosive shells available did not do better :

s4kdmo4.png

It was the French artillery turn to shoot, though only two preparatory shells were heard. Their target was clearly the South-Eastern warehouse complex :

NbgONvh.png

hVsomd6.png

Meanwhile, ERYFKRAD 's men could assess the situation of the crew of the light AT gun on their side : one crewman had been killed when his gun was destroyed, two others were wounded and unable to move. The last one, as we noticed, had run into the warehouse

TDTpmqu.png

Meanwhile, Boot's men, I mean Tindrli's men, had an issue. Their machine-gunner was out of ammo :

rTNmjjl.png

In practice, every soldier in the squad carries ammo for the machine-gun [the PC version of the game does not have a dedicated gunner assistant, I suppose for AI issue] but everyone was crawling so it would take a bit before someone would come with ammunitions :

sEtjPWz.png

Final situation :

HICrACr.png

It looks like this French tank will have to be destroyed the manly way, with either Azira or Falksi sending AP shells its direction.

[Note that Mondblut's crew has fled the battlefield. The pointer there was in the previous images was a display issue (when a unit is absent, the pointer is put where the unit was last ordered to go)]

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom