Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

fullybroKEn - a unique post-apocalyptic RPG with a focus on emergent narrative

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer

I am not here just to promote the game, I want to hear your opinion and feedback too. The early access will launch soon and I want to have a pretty transparent and two-way communication with the community as well as listen and use their feedback in creating a game we both can love.

Admittedly this might sound like schilling, I know, mainly because this is my first post here. I was always more of a lurker, even on here, mainly because I felt that I didn't have anything to say. But I want this game to succeed and I want to build a different game company not focused on money(of course they are necessary evil) but on creating great games which the community loves, mainly because I am a part of the community too.

So anyways if you are interested in the game or want to know more about it reply here and we can talk.

The game's store page at Steam is https://store.steampowered.com/app/1234580/fullybroKEN__A_Unique_PostApocalyptic_RPG/

Thank you for your interest

Last edited by a moderator:

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
I've started doing devlogs for my game's progress through early access. Here is the first one if you want to check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
So you're telling me you expect people to beta-test and give ideas to you, a no-name developer, while paying for such a privilege? Make the demo free or fuck off.

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
So you're telling me you expect people to beta-test and give ideas to you, a no-name developer, while paying for such a privilege? Make the demo free or fuck off.

Don't mind the hate at all, but:
1. Steam Early Access is exactly planned for this. Steam specifically says that the Early Access is planned for games still in development, who offer the opportunity for players/customers to shape up the game. If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't mean that everyone is against this(if it was Steam wouldn't have it and people wouldn't buy games in Early Access).
2. The beta-test thing at the end wasn't for this PC version, it was for the Android version which will be free(not as feature complete and of a lesser scope than the PC version)
3. A demo would of course be available somewhere in the future when I find what's the best way to offer a game for free when the game is very similar to an open-ended roguelike.

Other than that I understand the criticism and skepticism of me being a no-name developer asking for money and If people don't want me to post about updates from my game then I will accept that.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From what I've seen in the trailer: buzzword bingo, RPG edition; cards and match-three bullshit (cards as abilities can be done nicely in RPG, no evidence of this in the trailer though); way too much mentioning of procgen stuff (usually means lots of filler); mobile shovelware tier graphics. And you want 10.29 GBP for it while in early access? With not a single completed game under your name? Lot's of red flags, and nothing that would really grab my interest.
Saying that, welcome to the Codex, we're a tough crowd. Chances that we'll hate something you love are very high.

krilcebre

Learned
From what I've seen in the trailer: buzzword bingo, RPG edition; cards and match-three bullshit (cards as abilities can be done nicely in RPG, no evidence of this in the trailer though); way too much mentioning of procgen stuff (usually means lots of filler); mobile shovelware tier graphics. And you want 10.29 GBP for it while in early access? With not a single completed game under your name? Lot's of red flags, and nothing that would really grab my interest.
Saying that, welcome to the Codex, we're a tough crowd. Chances that we'll hate something you love are very high.

Mise Welcome to the colony.

15-bullit.jpg

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer

Mise Welcome to the colony.

15-bullit.jpg

So which quest do I do before people start being nice to me on here?:)

You sure are a welcoming crowd.

No worries, though, I lurked around this place for some years now, not much of a guy who discuss stuff on the web... but I knew exactly what I was getting into. :D

I'm just a one guy with a dream about making it in this industry and I perfectly understand that my games wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea at the start, especially on here where games with 100 people working on them are teared to shreds. Except Gothic I guess.:D

Thank you for everyone's opinion anyways.

flushfire

Augur
What is up with that title. Who or what is KEN? Is it a Street Fighter reference?

What kind of game is it really? Roguelike with ccg and match 3 minigames? Match 3 with roguelike elements? Is it like Shandalar or Etherlords but match 3 instead of deck-building? But there seem to be cards in your game too, or is that just the UI? You didn't even describe the game in your opening post, the trailer does not help and I can't understand what you're saying in that other vid either.

And finally, the game's About page in Steam is a massive pile of shit. I'm sorry there really is no other way to put it. Is it trying to be funny? Edgy? Because it is neither but rather comes across as infantile. Does the game also have this 'written by a 13-year-old' tone? Because it doesn't seem to, judging from the trailer. If so, why use it to describe the game?

I'm just a one guy with a dream about making it in this industry and I perfectly understand that my games wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea at the start, especially on here where games with 100 people working on them are teared to shreds.
Ever heard of Underrail and Knights of the Chalice? Hell, even Eschalon (the first game at least) is somewhat respected here.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane

Don't mind the hate at all, but:
1. Steam Early Access is exactly planned for this. Steam specifically says that the Early Access is planned for games still in development, who offer the opportunity for players/customers to shape up the game. If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't mean that everyone is against this(if it was Steam wouldn't have it and people wouldn't buy games in Early Access).
2. The beta-test thing at the end wasn't for this PC version, it was for the Android version which will be free(not as feature complete and of a lesser scope than the PC version)
3. A demo would of course be available somewhere in the future when I find what's the best way to offer a game for free when the game is very similar to an open-ended roguelike.

Other than that I understand the criticism and skepticism of me being a no-name developer asking for money and If people don't want me to post about updates from my game then I will accept that.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't meaning to be hateful, but it looked like you needed a wake-up slap. Our tyrants be blessed, the codex is a place where free-speech is rather the norm, so do keep posting your updates as long as you feel like.
I know what EA is about, but you should consider that you need a much bigger bait to get some customers attracted into investing their time or forking out for this, at this stage demo-ing would probably be a much more sensible approach to gather feedback.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What everyone said about price. You know who are you competing with at 10GBP Mise? Under 12GBP RPGs on steam, just quick search: Age of Decadence (really like here), Vigilantes (more of a tacticool, still resonably liked), Star Traders: Frontiers (personally couldn't get into it, lots of recommends), Atom RPG (fucking loved here, with few miscreants do not appreciating it properly. Commisars on their way), Shadowrun Returns, Legends of Grimrock, fucking Witcher series (heavy discount now, but anyway), Underrail (a real codex fav, and the dev here has good presence), Fallout New Vegas (+M).
At FNV I just stopped looking at search results. All of those games have higher production values than yours (judging from the trailer and steam page). Really, and they don't have a mobile version (a good thing on the dex, as most of the time mobile games are banal shit boring skinner box crap).

You might have some real cool mechanics in your game, but you can't see that in a video. You show off mechanics by letting people play with them. You also get feedback of what works and what doesn't that way. You really need a demo, as feedback on videos and devblogs will not be very useful. And most people won't drop a tenner+ based on a trailer cut in a seizure-inducing manner.

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
What everyone said about price. You know who are you competing with at 10GBP Mise? Under 12GBP RPGs on steam, just quick search: Age of Decadence (really like here), Vigilantes (more of a tacticool, still resonably liked), Star Traders: Frontiers (personally couldn't get into it, lots of recommends), Atom RPG (fucking loved here, with few miscreants do not appreciating it properly. Commisars on their way), Shadowrun Returns, Legends of Grimrock, fucking Witcher series (heavy discount now, but anyway), Underrail (a real codex fav, and the dev here has good presence), Fallout New Vegas (+M).
At FNV I just stopped looking at search results. All of those games have higher production values than yours (judging from the trailer and steam page). Really, and they don't have a mobile version (a good thing on the dex, as most of the time mobile games are banal shit boring skinner box crap).

You might have some real cool mechanics in your game, but you can't see that in a video. You show off mechanics by letting people play with them. You also get feedback of what works and what doesn't that way. You really need a demo, as feedback on videos and devblogs will not be very useful. And most people won't drop a tenner+ based on a trailer cut in a seizure-inducing manner.
Going by that logic, most people bought GTA:SA/FNV/Witcher 2/(insert other extremely famous game from a decade ago) for a few dollars in the past years on a Steam Sale, so why does anyone bother pricing their games higher than a couple of dollars? 40-50% of games on steam are priced $9.99, surely you can find games that are way better than mine, but steam has what 10k games ? 100k games? There are hundreds of titles priced around $9.99 which aren't that good and still selling. If I could price the game $0.99, I would've, of course I want my game to be played by as many people as possible and have a chance to learn more and get a bigger audience's feedback, but when coupled with the facts that there are:
1. Living expenses, games takes tons of time to complete + having a grand vision for the games features in the finished version
2. Double taxation because I don't live in a country that has a treaty with USA
3. Most games on steam are bought on sales
4. My game isn't that traditional CRPG, platformer nor a FPS so I know that it will have more of a niche appeal so the sales will be in the thousands probably.
5. I will improve upon the game for maybe years to come even though it might be past it's 1.0 release.

Having said that, I understand everyone's criticism and I will look to vastly improve the game as to warrant an around $10 price. And the demo thing is a great idea nonetheless and I will soon start on creating one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom