Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I see every Codexer's favorite game is up there too - Skyrim. The assholes have the nerve to still be charging 40 bucks for it.

Myobi

Liturgist
I have no clue what sort of point we are trying to pull here, but I'm all in for it ~

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

... but since we are on the topic of top best sellers on steam, I would like to congratulate "Day of Dragons" for achieving a place in the Steam Best of 2019 Top Releases: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2019_top_new

Ya know shits real when even asset flip scams manage to be at the top.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Bigg Boss why would they reduce price if the game still sells?

Because the game is old as shit. If it was sitting on a Gamestop/Best Buy shelf it might not be going for that much but now we have STEAM.

*checks price at Gamestop*

Nevermind. Bethesda is the Nintendo of gaming prices.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
A little update on the "current state of the game".

• VATS is still broken, most of your shots will miss. When I tested it, it seems that it locks on to the empty space beside your target. And hits that emptyness with deadly accuracy.
  • Enemy HP is rubberbanding. You hit, he dies.. except not. He heals back up. Or he displays dmg taken but his HP bar does not move.
  • Sneak attack bonus not applied half of the time. But sometimes gets applied without sneaking. The game is really confused about it's own rules right now.
  • Shotguns heal enemies. Too much dmg, buffer overflow.
  • Sneak is random as fuck, you often get locked into permanent "Danger" mode. Even after fast traveling half across the country. Fkn cheating enemies...
  • Player vendors disabled since.. for at least 2 weeks now. The intern must be busy making cash shop items. Priorities!
  • The molemen treasure hunter event is supposed to be in the Ash Heap only. But they also pop up everywhere in the Mire. Because they were supposed to be in the Mire (makes sense, whey would you search for treasure in your front lawn) before Beth changed it last minute. "Hey intern! Add them to the Heap, remove them from the Mire, mkay?" ... hey, at least he did half of his job without breaking everything amirite?
  • To throw players a little bone, Beth promised the Fastnacht event for thursday. After all the other stuff that broke with Wastelanders, it did not occur to Beth to test an event that ran ONCE last year beforehand. So.... 5 mins before it should start it was canceled. Because they could not figure out how to make squirrels spawn. Which was a bug last year actually, they of course did not fix. Because there was no way it would come back to haunt them, right? RIGHT?

Was pretty sad to see all those players standing in Helvetia wating for an event that never comes. And players nuking Helvetia to sabotage the (not existing) event for everyone again, because Beth could not even be arsed to learn form last year and make it a no-nuke zone.

You can't make this up. It's comedy. Sad comedy. Judging by the angry shitstorm everywhere, it seems even the biggest appologists are now canceling their Todd subscription "uNtIl tHe BuGs ArE fIxEd!!!"
:hearnoevil:

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
it seems even the biggest appologists are now canceling their Todd subscription "uNtIl tHe BuGs ArE fIxEd!!!"

What a bunch of fucking morons… what bugs?!? Those are features, features, I tell you! Healing shotguns? That’s for mob roleplaying purposes. Disabled vendors? That’s realism, corona virus restrictions… it’s all working as intended, stop moaning and give that titty to papa Todd, and if you all behave, they might be able to let you fix the new Elder Scrolls for them in a few years, just how awesome is that!

Gregz

Arcane
Bliblablubb

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that the game is enjoyable with all of these bugs...

The one thing that's really killing me though is the player vendors still being down.

Are any of you guys using mules, if so, how?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Safest way is a *cough* trustworthy *cough* player, or a second account obviously.

A risky alternative is to drop your shit in a container on a server a friend of yours is on. Then quickly switch chars and rejoin THAT server, hoping your phat lewt is still there.

Or pay Todd for the privileg of private servers. In that case you always end up on the same server making it less risky. Still mildly risky. Could just vanish, because.. Bethesda.

Myobi

Liturgist
A lil late on this, but just seen the new roadmap… roflmao.

“cosmetics only!”

“Pay-2-Win” items on the store.

100€ a year subscription system.

… and now a battle pass system!

All this on top of a 40€ price-tag.

I love this.

Myobi

Liturgist
“Pay-2-Win” items on the store
Which one are those?

Every item that affects gameplay, granting players in-game advantages.

I used the quotation marks to avoid going a bunch of pages of discussing semantics, honestly, I don’t really give a shit what people feel like calling them, pay-2-win, pay-2-skip, “convenience” items, whatever fancy term feel like using to make it sound any better it is still a long shot from “cosmetics only”.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I know what p2w items are, I was wondering what item in the shop you consider as such.
Because AFAIK those that look it right now, are a minor scam at best....

Myobi

Liturgist
I know what p2w items are, I was wondering what item in the shop you consider as such.

Because AFAIK those that look it right now, are a minor scam at best....

I just told you, everything that effects gameplay, for example: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Atomic_Shop/Utility

But as I said, it’s irrelevant what I consider p2w or not, what people want to call it doesn’t change the fact that those aren’t “cosmetics only” as Bethesda said it would be. I still remember when they introduced repair kits and people defended it because it wasn’t much of a “big deal”, then they started squeezing more and more, little by little, no hurray, private instances, unlimited storage and god knows what else locked behind paywalls… “it just works!”.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So to sum it up: you have no idea about the game, how or even IF those utility things have any impact on gameplay, but you just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and parrot stuff people trying to look edgy said 6 months ago. :roll:

And p2w, regardless of your definition, requires an advantage over players who do not have it. None of that even qualifies. Not even the scrap-/repairkits. Scrapkits are useless and you get better repairkits ingame for free.
The collectrons' purpose is to waddle around in your camp and say funny lines. Or propaganda in case of my Commietron. He brings a whooping 2 hammers, 1 water and a propagande leaflet each hour.
I only bought him because I am still sitting on over 5k atoms from last year. From just playing the game for a month.

Heck, the whole reason for that season pass is because people are getting too much atoms for free. You can easily make 50 per day with the daily challenges plus, dunno, 200 with the weekly one. Stuff like "pick 10 mushrooms, eat 10 mushrooms, smoke 10 mushrooms". No wonder they want to remove that, only entitled babbies pay for atoms.

Also people wanted private servers to get a special snowflake single player feeling, Todd offered them for 10 bucks a month. Don't blame the seller, laugh at the buyer. Ironically most of those people have realized that the only endgame are events, that are not really doable solo. So they are back. And the "unlimited storage" is only for scrap btw.

Myobi

Liturgist
How is it pay-2-win if the game throws atoms at you when you do anything?

I used the quotation marks to avoid going a bunch of pages of discussing semantics, honestly, I don’t really give a shit what people feel like calling them

it’s irrelevant what I consider p2w or not, what people want to call it doesn’t change the fact that those aren’t “cosmetics only”

"... bUT hoW iSh IT pAY tO wIN?!?!"

Also, as far as I remember you can't pay your subscription with atoms, therefore shit like "unlimited storage" its paywalled.

So to sum it up: you have no idea about the game, how or even IF those utility things have any impact on gameplay, but you just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and parrot stuff people trying to look edgy said 6 months ago.
clip_image001.gif

“IF those utility things have any impact on gameplay”

“This page lists all Atomic Shop utility items. These are non-cosmetic items with gameplay effects.” @ https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Atomic_Shop/Utility

It’s literally on the fucking items descriptions mah dude.

he Bloody Arktos Refrigerator reduces spoilage rate on food and drink items by 50%”

“Scrap Kit can scrap all your junk and then send it directly to your stash”

Need a helping hand on the homestead? Build a Scavenger Collectron Station in your C.A.M.P. to send a Collectron Bot out in search of Junk or Scrap. The Bot will dutifully roam the nearby area to gather a few assorted items per hour and then place them in the Station for you to pick up.”

You are free to argue the amount of impact it has on gameplay, but it’s pretty obvious it has some sort of impact as the fucking word “utility” suggests. Also, in case you miss it, no, I’m criticizing the relatively new monetization scheme announced, the battle pass that coming on top of all the rest of their monetization systems already in place, I’m really sorry if poking a bit of fun at such an absurd level of monetization on a broken game hurts your fangirl feelings, but honestly you can just go suck a bag of dicks.

Also, I apologize but I had stop reading there, that level of retardation might give someone a fucking aneurysm.

Last edited:
The collectrons' purpose is to waddle around in your camp and say funny lines. Or propaganda in case of my Commietron. He brings a whooping 2 hammers, 1 water and a propagande leaflet each hour.
I only bought him because I am still sitting on over 5k atoms from last year. From just playing the game for a month.

The regular Scavenger I have semi-regularly brings Ballistic Fiber, Ultracite and Black Titanium scraps.

Also people wanted private servers to get a special snowflake single player feeling, Todd offered them for 10 bucks a month. Don't blame the seller, laugh at the buyer. Ironically most of those people have realized that the only endgame are events, that are not really doable solo. So they are back. And the "unlimited storage" is only for scrap btw.

Well I got it for at first for a New Vegas outfit, and while I got the game for peanuts, at the end of a day I see no problem in paying a little bit for a hobby, any hobby, especially one for dozens of hours.

It's still objecitvely just monthly cost of one pizza, if someone can't afford it they have bigger problems on their hands than a video game.

Like it or not, games such as this are in continuous development for months and months, it has its cost, and there is only so much that one-time purchase price from 1 year ago can cover.

Regarding 'private servers', I pretty much only used them for keeping several workshops for a while, farming lead and 40+ fusion cores.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The regular Scavenger I have semi-regularly brings Ballistic Fiber, Ultracite and Black Titanium scraps.
But the amount they haul is a gimmick compared to what you could get in that hour by yourself. You can get 20 ballistic fibre in 10 mins or so.

Like it or not, games such as this are in continuous development for months and months, it has its cost, and there is only so much that one-time purchase price from 1 year ago can cover.
I don't judge you for paying subscription if you feel you get your moneys worth. I just reacted to the claim it would by p2w.

Aside from that the game reuses the engine and 99% of FO4's assets and very few voice acting (before wastelanders), making the development a bargain compared to FO4. At the same retail price. The also constantly re-release FO4 outfits and even creashun club stuff players made for them, almost a no costs, again for 500+ atoms. I don't doubt for a minute they are making a nice plus every month.
Plus they invested a fuckton of man hours in building the whitespring as a publicity stunt that was hopefully payed out of the advertisment 50% half of the budget. I doubt it tho...

Yes, wastelanders cost money to develop, but they got it payed for 10 times by releasing it on steam. At full price.
Also considering it took them almost a year to develop that DLC, the team involved can't be very big and pricey...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom