Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I played a fuckton of Shadow Ops: Red Mercury on the Xbox when I was younger and stuck in a cabin with extended family for a retard convention family reunion. So I might get it for the nostalgia of wanting to die as my aunt with the big boobs (but Jim Henson's Dark Crystal face) got too fucked up on Peach Schnapps and barfed in the pool.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They seemed to have fixed the "Updated" part of the game collection: Without warning I had 10 games marked as updated over the weekend, and two this morning.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Summer Sale started.
Summer? *look through the window* huh...
New games like Prey+DLCs and Metro Exodus.
Also - demos of "incoming games" that include Desperados3 and System Shock. Oh really?

ADL

Prophet
Huh, guess I'll buy Metro Exodus after they dropped Denuvo.
I bought Prey already when they dropped Denuvo but I'll probably pick it up again just to support Bethesda's GOG releases.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I bought Prey already when they dropped Denuvo but I'll probably pick it up again just to support Bethesda's GOG releases.
Err, did they ever drop Denuvo? Are you maybe confusing Prey with Dishonored 2? Because on Prey's Steam page there is still a note that says: "Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper, 5 different PC within a day machine activation limit machine activation limit"

In any case, instabought Prey. I really hope this won't be another massive "Spiritual successor to System Shock 2"-letdown like Bioshock and Dead Space.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Prey is great exactly because it puts a new spin on a tired "infested space station" trope and tries to be its own thing.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
That's a bit early,shouldn't they wait until it's actually summer to have a summer sale?
I interpret it as "buy games you intend to play during the actual summer", lol.

Well in my case they might have called it Summer of 2021 sale since that's when I will play any games I buy,considering the number of games I own and haven't played yet

ADL

Prophet
Err, did they ever drop Denuvo? Are you maybe confusing Prey with Dishonored 2? Because on Prey's Steam page there is still a note that says: "Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper, 5 different PC within a day machine activation limit machine activation limit"

In any case, instabought Prey. I really hope this won't be another massive "Spiritual successor to System Shock 2"-letdown like Bioshock and Dead Space.
My bad I was confusing it with Death of the Outsider. Prey was the one I wanted to receive a Denuvo removal. I think I got Prey on Amazon for like five bucks but I'll definitely buy it again to support Bethesda's DRM-free releases, ideally they'd release Skyrim and Fallout 4 on GOG soon.

Don't really care about either of those but they deserve to have a DRM-free release just like the rest of the series.

Every store not named Steam will start having its summer sales right about now since they hope to earn some money before Steam itself starts it's own summer sale.
Whatever gets people to use the superior storefront and service is fine by me.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sudeki is also being delisted tomorrow (28 May).

I remember playing this many years ago when a gaming magazine i was buying put it on cover disk (with this image for the CD cover, which prompted some amusing comments in the magazine's forum :-P), though i remember absolutely nothing about it, outside of having a small first person shooter-y section at some point (even though most of the game was in third person). Good thing too, because i do not remember finishing it, so i might do that at some point.

ADL

Prophet
Update on Prey, needless to say there's no Bethesda.net integration in there. You miss out on Typhoon Hunter unfortunately but no one was really playing that anyways. As for Mooncrash, Prey is a single GOG Galaxy entry with a separate executable that launches when you hit the button in the menu in game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Update on Prey, needless to say there's no Bethesda.net integration in there. You miss out on Typhoon Hunter unfortunately but no one was really playing that anyways. As for Mooncrash, Prey is a single GOG Galaxy entry with a separate executable that launches when you hit the button in the menu in game.

Can you just launch Mooncrash from a separate .exe? Even the Galaxy version should theoretically allow that unless the game purposely blocks it.

Normally I would have bought Prey and Metro 3 on release to support DRM free, but money's slightly tight this month due to a fucking cat surgery.

ADL

Prophet
Can you just launch Mooncrash from a separate .exe? Even the Galaxy version should theoretically allow that unless the game purposely blocks it.

Normally I would have bought Prey and Metro 3 on release to support DRM free, but money's slightly tight this month due to a fucking cat surgery.
Yes I located the executable after my post. It is separate but it's a single listing on Galaxy with a separate executable available through right click
gkJAN7n.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom