Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

zapotec

Liturgist
What factions in the Vortex campaign does not have the do rituals to do but instead have to do a different thing?

What factions in the Vortex campaign does not have the do rituals to do but instead have to do a different thing?
The ones that weren't original WH2 races. I think CA took to heart everyone saying that the ritual system was shit so all of the new races and the WH1 races that got imported into the Vortex campaign ignore the ritual system. Some of the DLC lords for the original WH2 races have either unique twists on the vortex rituals (e.g. as Malus you don't deal with rituals, you just send the resources back to Malekith and he does them, though I think its still fairly similar) or outright ignore them (e.g. Eltharion who has his destined fight with Grom instead).

Still I'd recommend Mortal Empires unless you really want a slightly bigger new world map.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Adding onto Average Manatee said,
  • Tomb Kings collect books of Nagash throughout the map;
  • Vampire Coast gain infamy by doing what pirates do best (sack cities, kill rival pirates, etc.);
  • Markus Wulhart: hostility meter that fills as you expand into Lizardmen territory, and with a semi-interesting story system for special hero units;
  • Malus: Unlike the ritual system, where once you reach a scroll threshold you can choose whether to start a ritual and spawn the chaos armies (i.e., go at your own pace), the spawn battles are automatic. This means once you hit a certain scroll threshold, a Skaven clan will automatically spawn and attack you. Malus also has random quests that either reward borderline OP items and followers (soul steal dagger, -30% construction cost factionwide from follower), or complete crap.

I think I broke the autoresolve.
View attachment 13295

How much did you get that up to eventually? Did you use this?
wkloqr0jb6xb.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yes, I used a waaagh on Kroq-Gar early on and never switched afterwards. The lizardman trophy blows the rest out of the water.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
who assured you people waiting for warhammer 3 it's not going to begin with 4 races and restart the whole dlc shitshow again?
They can't sell the races from 1 and 2 again to people who own the older titles. It'll be like ME now, you get access to everything you already bought.

Yes, I used a waaagh on Kroq-Gar early on and never switched afterwards. The lizardman trophy blows the rest out of the water.
Hmm, so how much did you stack up to eventually?

I ended with 30% and I didn't have +15% from that or +12% from the Grom ingredient that requires fighting vampire coast. So the cap is 57% phys resist?

At that point even things like Giants swinging away wouldn't actually kill goblins since they distribute damage across several targets and any individual goblin could survive a 130 damage hit.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I hadn't had time to touch my Grom campaign again but I suspect there's a hard cap of 50% or so for all resistancees.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Still I'd recommend Mortal Empires unless you really want a slightly bigger new world map.
Vortex can be nice though, the ai turns go faster since the world is smaller and has less factions. If I owned any of the dlc races I'd primarily play on vortex for sure, but the ritual stuff is really repetitive.

Drakron

Arcane
started a nagarythe campaign

around turn 20 i had the bright idea of attacking morathi because she was spreading chaos corruption to my vaul's anvil

naturally she called niggarond for help

Maybe you should STOP PLAYING LIKE A SKAVEN!

If you are playing Alith Anar then NOT ONE DRUCHII ON NAGGAROTH, not "Not One Druchii on Naggaroth except Morathi, Malekith and all the other Dark Elves I dont feel like fighting" ... first thing you do is take out Morathi because not only you want to get Ancient City of Quick Sex as earlier as possible but also the longer you let the Cult of Pleasure to stick around the more Lolifutanari Slaanesh tier vore gets around infecting the lands, cut her down before she gets too powerful and asks her son for help, even if she does he is too far away to do anything.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
eradicating morathi quickly was what i was aiming for because i knew i had to stop niggarond from blobbing up all around me as soon as possible

however eradicating morathi quickly is a little tricky when niggarond manages to blob up anyway already at turn 30 and you're being beset from 4 sides at once with just one and a half army to counter it, and then there are the constant chaos rebellions as the provinces on the front are at a stable -100 public order because of all the back-and-forth conquest

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
who assured you people waiting for warhammer 3 it's not going to begin with 4 races and restart the whole dlc shitshow again?
They can't sell the races from 1 and 2 again to people who own the older titles. It'll be like ME now, you get access to everything you already bought.

They are making 'lord pack' DLC for existing races in WH 1/2, so they can continue doing this infinitely once WH 3 releases along with possibly a couple more race DLC. This game is basically a license to print money so Im honestly amazed they are not cranking out more DLC.

One of the reasons there is almost no advertising or information for these DLC packs, just the trailer a few weeks before release, is because people immediately buy them, a CA member was quoted somewhere saying they dont care that much about promotion because they know they will sell anyway. So pretty much admitting they are treating this community like shit because they know it doesnt matter, they have legions of invested fans from GWs brutally murdered Warhammer Fantasy TT.

I hadn't had time to touch my Grom campaign again but I suspect there's a hard cap of 50% or so for all resistancees.
Definitely not. The resistance cap is 95% (EDIT: or maybe 90%, I'm getting conflicting information) and they stack, so e.g. 30% ward + 30% phys + 30% missile = 90% resistance to physical missile damage. Or, for instance, my Grom with the sword of Khaine who ended with 65% ward, 23% physical, 35% missile resist. And this all applied after his 105 armor was so essentially everything but heroes and giant monsters would only do 1 damage per hit on him.

I think there's some items or traits that give a small amount of army-wide missile resist, so if you stacked that ontop of 57% phys resist you'd be practically immune to arrows and even artillery might need multiple shots to kill a single goblin.

Incidentally Wurrzag can also stack >50% physical resist on all his savage orcs I think. Sadly they don't regenerate and they can't really get armor piercing damage outside of the cavalry, though they have around 100 charge bonus.

One of the reasons there is almost no advertising or information for these DLC packs, just the trailer a few weeks before release, is because people immediately buy them, a CA member was quoted somewhere saying they dont care that much about promotion because they know they will sell anyway. So pretty much admitting they are treating this community like shit because they know it doesnt matter, they have legions of invested fans from GWs brutally murdered Warhammer Fantasy TT.

What? If your product is good enough that you don't even need to advertise then that's a good thing.

eradicating morathi quickly was what i was aiming for because i knew i had to stop niggarond from blobbing up all around me as soon as possible

however eradicating morathi quickly is a little tricky when niggarond manages to blob up anyway already at turn 30 and you're being beset from 4 sides at once with just one and a half army to counter it, and then there are the constant chaos rebellions as the provinces on the front are at a stable -100 public order because of all the back-and-forth conquest

Chaos rebellions are seriously fucking painful. Feels like they are guaranteed much higher quality units than regular rebellions. The Chosen are basically immune to non-AP damage so your archers suck shit, the only early units that can fight them are the Dark Elves' Darkshards

You might try going even quicker for Morathi. Figure out what turn she moves out to attack the other dark elves in her province, then hit her capital with the largest army you can raise. Don't even bother finishing the initial war.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Remember that Anar can get a jihad elf to go and assassinate Morathi as well. Although the biggest threat in her army is the hydra anyway.

Drakron

Arcane
You might try going even quicker for Morathi. Figure out what turn she moves out to attack the other dark elves in her province, then hit her capital with the largest army you can raise. Don't even bother finishing the initial war.

Yep, Morathi have several fronts to deal with and its a question of catching her away from home, hopefully with a damaged army, destroy it and move to Ancient City of Quick Sex since that puts a real dent on the Cult of Pleasure ability to mass armies and Malekith ability to do anything since he have to go over several minor Dark Elf factions and Tretch before they can get to you.

Cult of Pleasure is the first main problem for Nagarythe that is also the only main problem for a while, the worst thing that can happen is a minor High Elf faction like Tiranoc decides to go to war with you and suddenly you have to watch the coastline, I do think Cult of Pleasure is priority one for Nagarythe as you cannot turtle due to first, you cannot easily expand as they will block you and Chaos Corruption will fuck you over if you try, its like having Skaven as neighbors were sure you could be military ally with then and dont worry about that side of the map but the cost on public order and revolts is simply not worth it.

As bad as fighting Morathi early game is, playing her is even worse. You've got a ticking clock of unrest problems until you conquer the other 3 provinces, Tiranoc is already at war and will attack you with a full stack of cav around turn 5. Mazdamundi and Alith Anar are almost certainly going to attack soon and both are on opposite front and one ambushes you like a total douchbag in the forest with infinite skirmishing archer spam while the other summons constant armies of dinosaurs through his shitass ritual. Meanwhile Tiranoc is still randomly poking around on the sea and other elves can get called in (though thankfully you can make a doomstack with your Black Ark somewhat soon and turn this into a profit-generator). And if unrest ever gets bad you have chaos rebellion armies that are incredibly difficult if you let them get to a full stack.

Remember that Anar can get a jihad elf to go and assassinate Morathi as well. Although the biggest threat in her army is the hydra anyway.

Legit couldn't care less. AI doesn't use spells well and Morathi herself isn't a great fighter. In fact you probably want her leading the dark elf army because she's way easier to snipe down with a bunch of archers than something like a dreadlord with higher armor and shield.

Pretty sure replacement of the lord can only happen during the enemy's turn, but I don't know if they take the same -10 penalty that they do when a lord dies in battle.

Drakron

Arcane
When you attack in the same turn? If I recall correctly they just get one unit promoted to captain and a morale Malus.

Yes, you see that happen if you catch a army, kill the Lord and its not wiped so its get a Lord to command it ... happens to you as well in case you lose the Lord as it will force you to assign a Lord to that Army before you can do anything.

I dont think the game allows a Army to exist without a General, you see it with Sieges as well since the Garrison is commanded by a Lord no matter what and this was why Black Arks used to be bad because they werent set as Hoard armies and they got stuck with a Lv1 Admiral that never leveled as they worked like some weird settlement, now they are making then far more useful as the Admiral can be leveled and I think even replaced.

Honestly it doesnt matter that much, if you assassinate Morathi that means she is out of the army and the replacement will be of lower level making it easier to kill during the battle as since its likely lv1 that means they dont have any skills so the army is weaker, killing a Lord is always good because if they die they get no XP even if they are immortal so they are weaker even if later on they get back up.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
As I mentioned earlier, something seems up with the economy now and I don't like it. I'm playing Alith on H/H and make 4000+ a turn just from Arnheim and Quintex. On top of looting other settlements. His position was way harder before the patch

Drakron

Arcane
High Elf economy was always strong, Quintex landmarks were nerfed some time back but you can still make bank due to High Elf Heroes and Lords skills and traits.

The "nerf" was to Lords since they have the Entrepreneur trait but its not the same as the Hero trait that is tax rate +3% I believe as the Lord is just +15% Industry Local Province, its not really a nerf since Lords didnt get to have that trait and they havent touched the Hero version, they also made other adjustments but I dont think it affected much outside those, Skaven got hit hard with Ravenous expansion going from 20%/40% to 2%/4%.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dear war diary,

Circa turn 20, Roxorowski declares war on Morathi.

Circa turn 25, Morathi calls Malekith for help.

Turns 25-60, Vaul's Anvil changes hands approximately a hundred million billion times

Circa turn 60, Morathi is eliminated.

Turn 71, the front finally stabilises as I secure my flanks and put Army A against the incoming niggarond forces.

Turn 82, Niggarond is looted and occupied.

Looks like the tables have turned.

fI1Kpkc.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom