Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Anonona

Learned
Ideally, I would love a game with an extremely small inventory that forces you to make choices on what to carry around. However, seeing D:OS 1 and 2, I don't think that's the kind of game Larian is going for.

Right now the closest example I can think of would be Dragon's Dogma. Your character height and weight determine how much you can carry. Depending on your burden, you character will be superlight, light, average, heavy, very heavy and overburden. Usually you want to be at least light so you can move fast, consume less stamina and recover stamina faster. This means that you want at least a tall and strong party member to carry weight, skills that allow you to carry more weight are very useful, and you cannot bring too much consumables with you as they will make you slower. Armor and weapons also weight, so usually small characters will become overburden faster if you equip them with heavy armors and two handed weapons. I think it is an interesting system and there is even a quest that makes use of it by having the player transport heavy table stones out of a dungeon.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
You still talk about shit that have nothing to do with DOS3,i take it.
Lol at this eternal butthurt "intellectual" bulgarian gypsy spam rating my posts.

BG III will be a commercial and critical success, deal with it you ottoman rape child.
BG 3 will be so commercially successful that Larian will have enough money to make a BG 4 with voice acting even for unwritten lines. Even the menu will have full voice over.

Japenese games had been doing it for some time. Sometimes you can even chose which girl should do the voice for the menu.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol at this eternal butthurt "intellectual" bulgarian gypsy spam rating my posts.

BG III will be a commercial and critical success, deal with it you ottoman rape child.
BG 3 will be so commercially successful that Larian will have enough money to make a BG 4 with voice acting even for unwritten lines. Even the menu will have full voice over.

Japenese games had been doing it for some time. Sometimes you can even chose which girl should do the voice for the menu.
Larian is also obsessed with giant tentacled monsters, so that may lead to something.

Elex

Arbiter

Larian is also obsessed with giant tentacled monsters, so that may lead to something.
It’s a competition between larian and stufio FOW.

tentacles and ships.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
is this the 9 alignments chart?

i, for one, have never heard of them
Isn't Chaotic Neutral the sheriff from Stranger Things?
Chris Perkins is on the D&D team at WotC. I assume he's going to DM for this group of C-list celebrities.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArchAngel

Arcane
is this the 9 alignments chart?

i, for one, have never heard of them
Isn't Chaotic Neutral the sheriff from Stranger Things?
Chris Perkins is on the D&D team at WotC. I assume he's going to DM for this group of C-list celebrities.
I would not call David Harbour C-List. He is B-list now after he became a star in Stranger Things, Hellboy and now in upcoming Marvel hero movie Black Widow as a russian superhero.
And Deborah Ann Woll had a nice role in True Blood and then in Daredevil and other Netflix hero shows.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
Also Thomas Middleditch is a Canadian betaboi, but his Improv on Netflix with Ben Schwartz is top tier
Omg, he's Canadian? Haha, I still can't believe that is a real country.

You can tell that on some level he isn't acting lol.
Omg, he's Canadian? Haha, I still can't believe that is a real country.
It's not. "They" just want you to believe it.
Who are "they"?
:bunkertime:

Hoping it will be the Beta release announcement. Really enjoyed the beta of DOS2 and have been waiting nearly 20 years for BG3. Eager to hop into the game, even in a beta state, and mess around with some things.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom