Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

azerty

Educated
Hi everyone !

A mail I just send to Wolf Mittag.

I hope you are all fine and that our hope for Darghul will one day come true :)

Hello,

We had some exchanges by the past about the upcoming of Darghul, last time in august 2018. I am, like many others, a huge fan of Teudogar hoping for Darghul.

I hope in this begining of 2019 that you are still fine and wish you all the best in your actual occupation and projects, personnal and professional. And once again, I hope you will have time to finish Darghul. You are a great developper with wonderfull idears and imagination to make games as good as Teudogar. That's why, even after as many years after the release of Teudogar and for waiting for Darghul their is still many people there hoping and continuing to discuss on the Teudogar forum.

If theire is Something that your fan communoty can do to help you to release Darghul, just say it, maybe it is possible !

I wish you all the best and hope that every thing is good for you : family, job, projects…

Regards,

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone actually heard from Wolf Mittag in the last few years?

I mean, other than to receive the new Darghul beta builds for testing

Martyr

Arcane
would also be nice if Wolf Mittag would create a new website or re-activate the old one so one is able to fucking buy Teudogar. iirc the Teudogar website has been down for over a year now. :argh:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
would also be nice if Wolf Mittag would create a new website or re-activate the old one so one is able to fucking buy Teudogar. iirc the Teudogar website has been down for over a year now. :argh:

This. My old download links no longer work and I don't want to bother booting up my old laptop/checking my old USB sticks to see if the install files are still there. I would buy it a second time, no worries, it's one of the best RPGs.

This. My old download links no longer work and I don't want to bother booting up my old laptop/checking my old USB sticks to see if the install files are still there. I would buy it a second time, no worries, it's one of the best RPGs.

I still have the files, stored on a CD back then. Problem is, I don't want to run into trouble if I just make them available for you guys because I'm not familiar with when to call a software that is not up for purchase anymore "Abandonware" or anything else that is OK to just share. Have to think about that, maybe you find your own copy of the full version files anyway, I'll see about that. An official statement from Mr. Mittag would be helpful of course because I don't want to "pirate" him.

:shredder:

Martyr

Arcane

I still have the files, stored on a CD back then. Problem is, I don't want to run into trouble if I just make them available for you guys because I'm not familiar with when to call a software that is not up for purchase anymore "Abandonware" or anything else that is OK to just share. Have to think about that, maybe you find your own copy of the full version files anyway, I'll see about that. An official statement from Mr. Mittag would be helpful of course because I don't want to "pirate" him.

:shredder:
afaik it's already abandonware. there's no way of purchasing this game and the developer doesn't seem to be interested in selling it. but I'm not a lawyer of course, so I dunno...

azerty

Educated
Yeah, he gave some news to me in 2018, look my message from october 12st 2018 :
Hello,
Hi !
So here are the last news I have from him. I just post the part he is talking about Darghul and Teudogar. I had a message in 2014 and there i have recent news from august ! :D

PS. You can like my Teudogar Fanpage :
https://www.facebook.com/TeudogarandtheAlliancewithRome/

Me the August 29 said:
Hello,

I am a huge and loyal fan of Teudogar. And also one who is still hoping that Darghul will be released one day.

The game play, the story, the graphics, the details, the liberty of playing, the way you introduce magic, crafting, fighting, interaction with NPC... I loved that on Teudogar and it is why I am still hoping for Darghul : the game seamed to have all Teudogar's assets and many of itself !

There is still a Community speaking of Teudogar and of the probability that you finish Darghul on your RPG Codex Forum.

We would be so happy to ear news from you and from Darghul.

I wish you all the best and hope that you and your family are fine !

Regards

Wolf Mittag the august 30 said:
‎30‎ ‎août à ‎10‎:‎27

Good morning,

I'm really sorry I had so little time for work on DARGHUL over the past
years.

[Various occupation] etc etc leave only little time for my programming hobby.

So the former snail's pace development speed is nowadays more like a
very sleepy and malnourished snail's pace.

Web sites currently shut down: According to German law, lawyers can
"fine" anyone they notice not fully complying with any law. In case of
Germany's super-strict implementation of the E.U.'s new 100+ pages "data
protection" law, it's very hard to comply with every single of their
thousands of points, and a lot of bulletproof legal small print is
required to even do basic operations of a website. Any mistake in the
required smallprint can easily result in a fine several thousand Euros,
as currently, armies lawyers are systematically checking out websites
searching for things they can "fine" the owners for.

Since I'm extremely short on time anyway, I prefer to put the little
time I have into programming rather than all this legalistic nonsense,
thus the shutting down. And given my current "speed", by the time I
finally complete DARGHUL, probably both the E.U. as well as the Federal
Republic of Germany will be long gone, so I can then simply put
everything online again without having to change anything. : - )

Of course I'm also considering to simply give all my source code and
data to the public domain so whoever can and wants to can complete it,
probably drastically faster than I could. But currently everything is a
construction site that's too messy and too little documented, so I think
even giving everything away would require me to first do more cleaning
up and a lot of documenting.

Best regards,

Wolf

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Instead of asking him about this vaporware, tell him to give somebody permission to put Teudogar on Steam for him. Surely there's somebody he can trust who has time to do it.

OrangeTurtle

Novice
I recently got the urge to play Teudogar again, looked up my old email for the download page only to find out it doesn't work anymore. Mildly annoying, but understandable that he doesn't want to fall afoul of the law. I wholeheartedly support anyone who could bring Teudogar to Steam.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I contacted him via email but haven't received any reply so far. Reading about Teudogar here made me wish I could get my hands on it.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
I contacted him via email but haven't received any reply so far. Reading about Teudogar here made me wish I could get my hands on it.

I just recommended it today to someone who told me that Ultima 7 is their favourite RPG. We really need to get it put back up online. Again, I am willing to help if the developer is having problems because of his geographic location, but even if he can't get on Steam I think he should be able to use Itch. It's just very unfortunate that there's no legitimate way to obtain such a good game that is still enjoyable today. It even has an ancient theme.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My suggestion is that somebody he can trust should set up Steam, itch.io, or whatever for him. He clearly isn't going to be able to do it himself. Set it up and have it wire the money to his bank account.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
It looks like he's not even bothering with answering emails, so perhaps life got in the way, or he simply doesn't care anymore.

Good news to everyone who wants to play Teudogar, visit teudogar.com and click on the little present in the top left corner. Then click on one of the coffee cup icons to download a Zip-file containing... Teudogar! (Yes, the full version) The password for extraction is - *Password*. Just wanted to drop this here in case anyone is still looking for it. If running on Windows 10, Agesilaus linked a reply from Bad Sector in a post of mine with instructions on how to get it work with Windows 10. (I'm not used to forums, I don't know how to link a reply from another post here, sorry for that, just check my thread "How to run Teudogar on Windows 10?")

Sadly there is nothing new about Darghul from my side.

I stumbled upon a game that might be similar in it's style to Teudogar. It's UnReal World, a roguelike based on survival in the Iron Age, setted in Finland. It uses randomized maps and looks to me like an openworld Teudogar of some sort. It looks pretty old though, the controls are mainly keyboard inputs, not just mouse commands like in Teudogar. It was published in 1992 but is still in active development to this day. Also, it is available for free on the official website. (Alternatively available on Steam for around 11 Euros) I have yet to try it further, because I dislike the keyboard-only controls, but feel free to go ahead and try it out while the wait for Darghul continues.

Last edited:

OrangeTurtle

Novice
I stumbled upon a game that might be similar in it's style to Teudogar. It's UnReal World, a roguelike based on survival in the Iron Age, setted in Finland. It uses randomized maps and looks to me like an openworld Teudogar of some sort. It looks pretty old though, the controls are mainly keyboard inputs, not just mouse commands like in Teudogar. It was published in 1992 but is still in active development to this day. Also, it is available for free on the official website. (Alternatively available on Steam for around 11 Euros) I have yet to try it further, because I dislike the keyboard-only controls, but feel free to go ahead and try it out while the wait for Darghul continues.

UnReal World is awesome, and anyone who hasn't played it definitely needs to give it a try. The keyboard only controls take some getting used to, but that's a staple of it's genre (roguelike), and it gives you a bunch of quick ways to accomplish things without having to go through menus. You'll get used to it quickly and it'll become second nature. Also, go to Setup and turn on "traditional movement" it's like traditional roguelikes that way and works very nicely using the numpad lets you move around like a compass, where 2, 4, 6, 8 is south, west, east, and north respectively, and then 1, 3, 7, and 9 are for traversing diagonally.

Last edited:

azerty

Educated
Hi everyone !
2020 and we are still hoping we will get Dargul one day !
Maybe the confinement will give him time to work on Darghul ? :p

Mr Mittag, if youread this, you can be sure you have a all bunch of fans hoping you are well and that you will one day release this promising game !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom