Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter live

Credit cards are basically targetted at people with no self control and little money, which is a sizeable chunk of any population. There is so much stuff to buy today, and the average person just doesn't have the finances to afford most of it, since most of the wealth is way up top. So they could say well fuck it, I can't afford this, but then BOOM, they got this magic card which is KINDA like their money, except of course it's not. So they buy cars, furniture, food, etc they cannot afford, and then the credit card companies slow roll them, collecting killer interest for years and years. It's a shady practice, no doubt, but if you do have the ability to spend only what you have, it's a great convenience that's free of charge.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
If the character tokens were much higher quality it would really help, the TT aesthetic is fine, just look at Battle Brothers (yes ignore all the "muh legs!? retards) its a beautiful looking game. At the moment KotC2 does look pretty cheap and tacky tbqh.

As an example think Disciples 2 portraits, that would be ORGASMIC.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I took the $20 pledge and will buy the other modules in due time, the collapse of my country's currency hit me really hard to be able to fork out appropriately :negative:

Was holding on to the hope for the codex fundraiser, but I see there are no news, and how do those even work?

Grimlorn

Arcane
What's the ETA on animated sprites if it hits the stretch goal?

Which version of animated sprites did KOTC1 have? 4 directions?

Is the 50k goal only your party gets animated sprites? It's going to be awkward if there's a mix between sprites and tokens in this game.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Was holding on to the hope for the codex fundraiser, but I see there are no news, and how do those even work?
Infinitron said wait until the base goal of 15,000 is reached before starting the codex fundraiser. As for how they work I think it's something like choosing a tier to go for where you can get something in the game eg character, item, quest, or otherwise some other good stretch goal and aim for that as the fundraiser target. I could be wrong though.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll wait for the Codex fundraiser as well.

I know many will wait for the Codex fundraiser ( and it's fine ) but don't forget this:
9bfd73d537cac09c0da0771f9a4683bf_original.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
He's very obviously trying to go for the "I purchased all those Roll20 round tokens to play with my friends online" look, because that's what all the hip modern tabletop fans use these days...

who the hell pays for tokens when there's tokentool

Knights of the Chalice was rightfully 2009's RPG of the Year.

daily reminder the actual rpgcodex rpg of the year 2009 was dragon age

in a year that had risen and knights of the chalice

dragon age

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Eh, tokens remind me of heroquest and board games. That's not all that bad. I play a lot of retrogames on older machines so graphical eye-candy doesn't affect my views too much. That said every time I see kickstarters with stretch goals like:

1. add xyz class
2. Add xyz tokens
3. Add xyz spells
Etc etc

it makes me believe these assets are already fully developed and the KS is just milking the base or potential base for mo $$$$.

Digital assets are at least easily attainable but those who make physical assets like dice, maps, boxes, figurines etc are in a world of hurt if orders get high. Shit, don't get me wrong as I love that stuff but be practical. I have ordered physical KS from an expert jewelry maker and he delivered. Last one i was late on and asked if he had spares; he did and i got a double order.

I've been on thr end of duds too.

SO TLDR my post.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
28.000 kg of potatoes in retail price.
28.000 kg / 4 kg per day to meet a caloric intake of 3000 kcal per day.
7000 days of food / 365 days per year.
Almost 20 years of development time covered.

Vive L'Développeur!!1

But he will die due starch overdoze is't it?

So they could say well fuck it, I can't afford this, but then BOOM, they got this magic card which is KINDA like their money, except of course it's not.

Right, credit card is = loan shark in your pocket, so you can't just hang it on tree, which you should do with live scum.

The graphics are pretty good to be honest.

The problem with graffixx is not it's cheap and such - these words does't reflect actual qualities of it, the problem is it's tiresome? I think that's suitable word, and sharply tiresome.
I feel fatigue just from the looking at it. Sounds just add to that.
I wasn't joking when was saying that ASCII wll be better.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Supreme Archmage is still available only £8,000!! Get it before its gone.:yeah:

I actually like the tokens, its very boardgame-ish.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like it's made it. Currently sitting at £15,331 out of £15,000.

I must admit, I was expecting this to be a really slow struggle to 15k. I really wasn't expecting it to hit the goal so quickly.

Not that I'm complaining of course.

Dyskolos

Cipher
I'm more worried it just stalls at a bit over that line. I can see maybe tipping into £20k after a while on the standard backer - basically a preorder - but how many more people who weren't waiting on this already are going to stumble in and plop out for the game+module levels.

amurath

Educated
It's a bit of a weird Kickstarter where the game is already complete. Why doesn't he release the standalone game on Steam/GOG and make a Kickstarter for the editor/future modules? Does he think he would make more money through Kickstarter than through Steam/GOG sales? That said, I really hope the Kickstarter reaches that $75K stretch goal, since I'm not sure I could play it with the current graphics. I also hope you can turn off the spell effects - they're obnoxious.

Dyspaire

Cipher
It's a bit of a weird Kickstarter where the game is already complete. Why doesn't he release the standalone game on Steam/GOG and make a Kickstarter for the editor/future modules? Does he think he would make more money through Kickstarter than through Steam/GOG sales? That said, I really hope the Kickstarter reaches that $75K stretch goal, since I'm not sure I could play it with the current graphics. I also hope you can turn off the spell effects - they're obnoxious.

Although the chance of it happening is almost nil, I would love to see him get his 300k; all stretch goals unlocked.

What would a guy like that actually do with some semi-serious funding? Would be interesting to see.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Graphical assets my ass, if I make a ks for 15k and get 300k all the surplus is going to coke and whores.
In all seriousness tho, a couple of friends who would be interested (lovers of PnP) were immediately taken aback by the graphics and sound, so I do hope he gets the funds to make it look a bit better.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom