Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Lhynn

Arcane
Starting my first campaign, playing on Hard, is it just me or is Albus' main power to die a lot? Does it get better? Shackleton oscar
He has too much mobility, that can be a problem because he will find himself overwhelmed often if you arent careful. The temptation to just go in is too great. It really depends who he is up against. This is all referenced in the narrative by the way, Albus in gets scolded by her ex boss more than once for doing just that, he is the one leading the team, he shouldnt charge in and get beaten up on the frontlines, he is too important for that.

Turning a new leaf for example, should not be used to attack twice, but to attack and retreat as needed. And his wind ball is extremely important because it knocks back + delays for 60, meaning that you can easily lock an enemy down forever, even the strongest and fastests enemies will easily fall with this.

I remember having a mission against spoonists, it was around half way through the game and in theory it would be easy. there were 12 of us including the police, and there were 60 spoonists in the forest. I just charged in because i had been fighting some stronger opponents and spoonists werent much. Then my guys start going down, and i notice they have new units. A couple turns in im down to albus, giselle and a cop, against around 50 of them.

The strategy then became the following. Albus in cover at the front, the cop pumping out smoke grenades from afar to give albus more cover, and giselle slowly taking out their ranged units. Albus killed every single melee unit in the map thanks to retaliations and just sticking to cover.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks, friends - I've levelled up Albus a bit more and I got him the armoring maneuver. Rolling with that on most of the time is giving him a lot more survivability. Appreciate the tips, looking forward to more troubleshooting.

Wish I could say the same for this poor asshole
qxnHh8k.jpg

oscar

Arcane
Albus dies quite a lot for me too but I think that's for the above reasons mentioned. He moves faster than most other characters, melee so less chance to use cover and while setting up intercept chains with Forestallment sometimes works beautifully other times it just results in him shot to pieces. Piercing resistance and more HP will help him be more survivable. Albus one-shots 99% of enemies he hits anyway so don't worry too much about extra damage.

Counterattack + Forestallment means in the right situations he can mince up 4 or 5 guys in the enemies turn alone. But the other danger with Albus is that the suppressive fire lowers his turn initiative (speed?) what can result in him constantly getting pushed down in turn order and eventually turned into swiss cheese.

tl;dr stack HP, piercing resistance, run those two masteries and try keep him away from big long range gun fights without cover

Dying isn't much of a concern in any case since it only lowers ambition (and means no more XP for the rest of the mission) which is easy to restore at the bar for 20-40 bucks.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So cops can easily deal with criminals but completely useless against stray doggos. Left four men to protect evacuation zone. It was shamefur dispray.

I like that everyone is stronger than my guys. Chinaman in white was cool.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The "early" cops are useful as carriers of additional med-kits and grenades, so you don't have to use up your own.
Also their delaying shot could be very handy sometimes.

Lhynn

Arcane
Cops become more and more about utility. Suppressors and swat got powerful +delay abilities and free grenades, keeping them alive can make things a lot easier. And i dont mean just free in the sense that they dont cost money, action economy is very important in this game, you could say the entire tactical layer rests on proper management of it. So freeing up the action of your guys by having the cops use them is great.

pm_675

Arbiter
Besides you shouldn't relay on cops. It's tempting to relay on them early on but you are losing exp and class exp. And the cops don't scale very well with you or the enemies later on.

As people said consider them support and extra actions than primary damage dealers or tanks. Keep them close to you and behind and use as needed. I started to use them to open the boxes and stop waiting my turns. Other us is using they flashbangs to start a combat against unsuspecting enemies. You have to get close to them, true, but don't get do that alone.

Lhynn

Arcane
Actually you dont really lose exp, it gets split evenly among your team. The way XP works from what ive read is the killer gets more exp if its in your team, if not then the same exp gets distributed among your guys. What i dont know is how xp masteries interact with that though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Failed my first mission. Well, not failed - i've killed everyone after all, but no more dumplings for mister Kim, so i will consider it failed. Enemy patrol walked to my cop trying to open box and triggered chain reaction. They see the cop and run to cover, one ran to agent and made him scared, agent ran further from me and triggered 4 more bandits...

Luka-boy

Arcane
Latest dev update mentions their current roadmap. More Alisa and Bianca sounds like :incline: to me.

To ease your curiosity regarding the future of Troubleshooter, we are announcing the roadmap of upcoming updates.

The roadmap below is the minimal list of goals. If we can develop more, we will schedule additional updates to make the game more valuable.

Goals for June

• Diversification and addition of quests in Shooter Street
  • Diversification of items in Valkyrie Store
  • Addition of criminal case missions from level 45 to 50
  • Application of feedbacks
  • Optimization of the game
  • Separation of EU server (Intend to copy US server)

Goals for 3rd quarter

The below updates can be postponed according to circumstances, but we will try our best to keep the schedule.
  • Addition of Season 1 side story (Alisa & Bianca)
  • Partial support of game pad
  • Addition of in-game online community
  • Application of feedbacks

Regarding fund-raising products

The development team is producing digital artbook in an attempt to raise funds. We
are taking a little time in selecting illustrations and adding descriptions to
them. We will release the digital artbook as soon as the mentioned tasks are
completed.

After dealing with numerous bugs and making betterments, we will return to former us
who consistently improved and updated the game.

The development team has been referring to the currently released story as [ episode ], but instead of [ episode ], we are going to use season, thanks to foreign users' advices.

panda

Savant
I've been playing this for a last week and must say this is a greatest "nu x-com" title of all of them. Core gameplay is complex and actually FUN, art is gorgeous, and while story is "just" serviceable there is a rare for most games interrelation between characters personality and combat mechanics which greatly boost engagement to the said story.

I'd still rate X-piratez higher overall, but Troubleshooter gets very, very close.
My biggest complains is necessity to replay certain missions and literally grind(which feels really off without random maps), plus common pitfall for those type of initiative/speed based turn-based systems where speed > everything. But when such drawbacks became really noticeable i had already enjoyed 60+ hours of high quality hand crafted scenarios with beatiful art, and 60 hours is probably more than length of most modern games.

Overall, if you like X-com then definitely give Troubleshooter a try, this game is awesome.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, no shittalking about police. My party ded, half of the cops ded, Isaac and two of his SWAT girls finished mission for me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sion turns level 20 - Zombra rants about beast mode

Wow, this game got weirdly dark to me.

So it's just been going along, swords, guns, no blood, people get "killed" but same criminals come back again the next day kind of thing, the heroes are smiling, silly teenagers.

Sion is one of them! This goofy guy who likes eating ramen and taking days off. Sort of a glass cannon, shooting lightning for some reason, he misses a lot, hides a lot, apologies a lot.

Levelling goes on, eventually Sion has a class choice, I go, "Black Mage, that sounds damage-oriented." So I play that for a bit and even find some masteries just for that class.

After a few missions futzing around with that, I say to myself, "I wonder what would happen if I got serious about learning the Mastery system, and stacked ALL Black Mage Masteries I can find? And when I run out of those, stack Elemental?"

Overnight, Sion went from apologetic teenager to a fucking demigod of destruction. Every turn, he's overkilling someone (or several people) by about 5000 points, and eating their soul(s) to fully restore his mana.

Even this wouldn't be a big deal ........ but the voice acting. That voice acting of the hysterical laughter. You can hear him feel the power coursing through him, the thrill of snuffing out the lives of others. You can hear what it's like in that moment of horror before a man willingly forfeits his soul to demons for the power they offer.

You don't hear it? I hear it.

I love this game.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The latest update added some QoL improvements and a few new mastery sets.

Update Details:

• [ Review previous requests ] function has added.
    - You can review the quest you've already done by visiting NPC who requested a task to you.
    - You can redo the mission which is related to the request.
    - You can't do redo the request which is completed in repeatable missions.
  • [ Display directions ] and [ Frequency of character voice speech ] game options have added.
  • [ RETURN ] button has added to the [ Continue Mission ] window.
  • Description of [ Calculating EXP ] has added.

• 'Ignores Defense' type effect has changed to make enemies' defense rate to 0%.
  • Required EXP to reach to the max level has decreased by 25%.
  • You can craft multiple masteries and modules at a time.
  • Fixed a bug that [ Sniper in Shadow ] hadn't activated or activated not properly when it is activated with [ Fire Support ].
  • Fixed a bug that unit's turn was ended while an ability is in cooldown and you've pressed the Space key.
  • Fixed a bug that duration of field effects such as [ Smokescreen ] displayed not properly.
  • Fixed a bug that mastery set information hadn't been updated when new mastery sets have been updated and if you have already equipped it.
  • Fixed a bug that effects of some masteries hadn't not been displayed on the character stat tooltip.
  • Added a compensation 300 training book are given in case of recruiting teammates.

• Fixed typos.
  • Applying player-edited translation is work in progress. Amount of applied translation will be increased every week.

• Functionality of [ Lost Property Collecting Bag ] has changed.
    2ad6fcb1f608e6310005a954c618a8f729cbdb69.png

• Mastery sets have added.
    • Big snowman
      171108a12a6f1d1d6b0b86b56f5ae73a3941af39.png

• Successor of warrior
      8c1a824024ea4ecbe4661d6e78ac197d1fe1984d.png

• Successor of guardian
      72b238bc697f25209f4da95bc026940e500a2d5a.png

• Dream within dream
      118c413af6659765bda468f24c4710fc174790fd.png

• High performance lightning rod
      fe25ae0ce54d68bc30d5d195b1ba753136b0a0c0.png

• Offensive choice
      c4f9c5156b354864cdddc89ef99d1979416d6f8a.png

• Defensive choice
      59138f55b61a8598298eb96a8b75fcdb2e8269dd.png

• Humongous flame
      50c9aa0c4c70d960c07cf6dfdd73c994ef43224f.png

• Seasoned hunting dog
      7efd2e1eb86ca08d04762e9cfc318ed39aa3a6f3.png

• Strong light
      4b979c3118593e0cf97197763be69269d18e3610.png

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
A new week, a new tacticool combat game. What a time to be alive!
BTW shouldn't this be in tactics part of the forums? I rarely visit this parts, easy to miss gems like this.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Hard to argue that it should be in this subforum:
For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here.

And I don't want to see the game in the same subforum as Chimera Squad.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree with Yaar Podshipnik.
Hidden here the game lacks exposure.
And you know how the saying goes: “the only thing necessary for the triumph of decline is for incline to stay obscure".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom