Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's succeed at RimWorld!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Rules :
- A player plays from the 1st of Aprimay to the 15th of Decembary so 1 year. If we have a lot of people in the SG, it will be only 2 quadrum rather than four (=half a year),
- Random location, random characters,
- No mod. Not even the one you prefer, else there will be endless discussion on which one and someone making a mistake setting the mods up and corrupting the save.
- No loading vs bad events - Ironman this. If it ends or if you are the one who wants and manage to escape to space, then it is the end,
- Apart from that, well, go wild.

Playing list :

ValeVelkal [played]
Johannes [played]
Baud [played]
asfasdf [played]
AdvancedHero [playing]
Andnjord [skipped]
Comte [skipped]
SmartCheetah [skipped]
Azira [skipped]

Pawn list :

ValeVelkal [Aprimay Year 1 - ... ]
Comte - [Aprimay Year 1 - ... ]
Tindrli - [Aprimay Year 1 - Aprimay Year 4 ; hacked by giant bugs then left to bleed to death] ]
Johannes - [Julaugust Year 1 - Aprimay Year 4 ; hacked to death by giant bugs]
Baud - [Septober Year 1 - Decembary Year 1 ; mauled by a Grizzly but died in a bed]
Azira - [Decembary Year 1 - ... ]
SmartCheetah - [Aprimay, year 2 - ...]
Andnjord - [Septober, year 2 - Aprimay Year 4 ; hacked to death by giant bugs]
Demo.graph - [Septober, year 2 - Aprimay Year 4 ; starved to death after he was downed by a giant bug]
ItsChon - [Decembary Year 2 - Aprimay Year 4 ; hacked to death by giant bugs]
Falksi - [Decembary Year 2 - ... ]
AgentFrancis - [Decembary Year 3 - ...]
Vazha - [Decembary Year 3 - Aprimay Year 4 ; hacked to death by giant bugs]
Asfasdf - [Jugust Year 4 - ...]
Storyfag - [Jugust Year 4 - ...]
RK47 - [Septober Year 4 - ...]

Future pawns :

Helly
Mzeta

(rules : people who are in the player list cut ahead of the line, then people with explicit mention that they want to be in the list, then anyone who commented).

Year 1 - The Exarchate of ValeVelKal
1st of Aprimay to 1st of Jugust
1st of Jugust to 1st of Septober
1st of Septober to 8th of Septober
8th of Septober to 1st of Decembary
1st of Decembary to 1st of Aprimay, Year 2

Year 2 - The Porfiriato of Johannes
1st of Aprimay to 2nd of Jugust
2nd of Jugust to 8th of Jugust
8th of Jugust to 13th of Jugust
13th of Jugust to 5th of Septober
5th of Septober to 8th of Septober
8th Septober to 1st of Decembary

1st of Decembary to 2nd of Decembary
2nd of Decembary to 4th of Decembary
4th of Decembary to 5th of Decembary
5h of Decembary to 9th of Decembary
9th of Decembary to 15th of Decembary
15th of Decembary to 1st of Aprimay, Year 3

Year 3 - The Raugrafschaft of Baud
1st of Aprimay
2nd of Aprimay
3rd of Aprimay
4th to 10th of Aprimay
11th to 13th of Aprimay
13th of Aprimay to 4th of Jugust

4th to 6th of Jugust
6th to 9th of Jugust
9th to 12th of Jugust
13th to 15th of Jugust
15th of Jugust to 1st of Septober
1st to 6th of Septober
6th to 8th of Septober
8th of Septober - The Great Invasion of Primordia by the Polar Bears
9th to 14th of Septober

14th of Septober to 1st of Decembary - The Great Invasion of Primordia by the Donkeys
1st to 3rd of Decembary
3rd to 6th of Decembary
6th to 7th of Decembary
7th to 10th of Decembary - The Great Invasion of Primordia by the Golden Retrievers
10th to 13th of Decembary - The Great Invasion of Primordia by the Megasloth
13th to 15th of Decembary Year 4

Year 4 - The Derg of asfasdk

1st to 7th of Aprimay
8th to 9th of Aprimay
9th to 15th of Aprimay
Eulogies
1st to 15th of Jugust
1st to 8th of Septober
9th to 15th of Septober
1st to 15th of Decembary

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
What difficulty / storyteller? I suggest Randy Savage for proper Macho Madness.

I can prob play, but not this week so ppl can skip me in line.

Andnjord

Arcane
I'm currently in exam period for uni, so I won't be able to join for the next couple of weeks. But I'll be watching...yes always watching....

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Sign me in as a friendly neighbourhood casualty citizen.
Not gonna play, though (yet).

Johannes

Arcane
Oh and will Royalty be used? Mostly is there people who want to play but don't have it, otherwise I say we include that

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I. Intuitu Personae, Intuitu Planetae

So our Game Master will be Randy Savage, in second-to-last hardest difficulty setting :

b91FiHY.png

And this is our world, and where we get to start :

swLMT3R.png

The planet is mostly covered in temperate or at least acceptable climate, though not much mountains, so we were likely to have something like "Temperate Forest". In any case, this will help our two beginners Baud & Comte :).
Someone has to give credit for the people that made that camp on the Polar Ice Sheet. Good luck guys.

We are in the middle of the continent, and far away from those red camps, so it has to be good.

Since the Royalty update, we get to choose 3 guys out of a roster of 7. I wondered whether I would just accept the first 3 proposed or really pick the best ones.

The game answered for me by proposing me this ... er... person :

Lob7avc.png

17-years with no skill at anything, incapable of caring, no interest in ANYTHING, except pot and of course "everything sucks" philosophy. Your typical teenager :)

So I picked the 3 most acceptable ones that could work as a team, and ended with :

The Comtesse

S3DRFH8.png

Rags-to-somewhat-riches story as she started as slave and is now "recruiter", and I assume in her case "recruiting" is an euphemism for buying slaves. Likes drugs, likes to shoot stuff but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn - even if she was IN the barn. That old gunshot wound ? Self-inflicted by mistake.

Pretty good at pretending to care for people, or at stabbing them in the face, which she enjoys immensely. Her heart got replaced by a prosthesis. This was probably done to accelerate her professional career.

The Comtesse's mother - who is younger, courtesy of hibernation - is there as well. Here is ValeVelKal :

iFgOkCf.png

Why the Comtesse's mother comes from such a wealthy background while the Comtesse started her life as a slave is a story best left for another time. In any case, ValeVelKal cares about only one thing : mining. She likes the damp, dark atmosphere of the mines, and she likes neither the sun nor fire. She does not care for anything else, including her daughter.

Ah, and she likes drugs as well, just like her daughter.

My theory : she sold her daughter to get some pot.

Our last survivor is Sinan "Tindrli" Sakic. Also know as The Plank but I prefered to keep the Tindrli shhort name :

pXlU75F.png

Just like everyone, he likes pot. He also likes food. And cooking. And hunting stuff so he can cook them and then eat them. He also has intellectual pursuits, probably food-theory related, and all those interests give him little time to sleep.

No one is really good with construction, but the only character in the pool that was solid in construction was 74 years old and he had baggage...

and saw our small "team" crashlanded on this planet :

7gw5vII.png

Overall, where we area where we landed was fairly flat without much distinguishing features :

zf02oZX.png

There was very few mountains, but still it looks like there was a reasonable amount of stuff to mine. Some patch of water here and there, nothing allowing to fortify easily.

The only point of interest was the small stone ruin in the East :

6uv4Tq5.png

As you could see, the small group decided to build not too far from where they landed, as they could use the small mountains as a makeshift cheap protection from threat coming from the South and South West, and exploit it for compacted steel.

In addition, there were some fertile territory not so far in the North East of where they started to build, and berries all around.

FAydOzq.png

So the small group of survivors decided to grab the equipment that had been jettisoned from the ship :

9ys75DW.png

Tindrli as the future hunter and best shoot took the rifle. ValeVelkal was strictly forbidden to take the pistol, so she had to default to the knife (at which she was good at). Comtesse therefore took the pistol. Since ValeVelKal would have to melee if forced into combat, she could argued she was the one who had to take the flak pants as well.

With that, they started to build their first "home", more like 3 wooden cabins with one bed in each :

Ei3FCCx.png

Quickly enough, ValeVelKal had expressed interest in leveraging her skills in mining, and wanted to dig a small room in the mountain where equipment would be protected from the wind and rain.

In any case, despite like of skill in construction, the group was quite productive and they would spend their first night in the very relative comfort of their cabins :

slINU5y.png

I should also mention that there was a fourth survivor : Couscous, ValeVelKal's yorkshire terrier. ValeVelKal did not have the time to pay him much attention, and did not realize he had survived until the following day.

Euc1fJG.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom