Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UNDERAGE DRINKING SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED IN THE YOUNG ESPECIALLY THOSE NOT YET IN PUBERTY

STAY SAFE AND DRINK RESPONSIBLY
IF YOU ARE UNDERAGE AND DRINKING, THAT'S AS RESPONSIBLE AS ANYONE CAN EXPECT AN UNDERAGE KID TO BE.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Combat Skills:
Melee Weapons - 2/5
Ranged Weapons - 2/6
Astra Proficiency - 1/7
Unarmed - 1/5

Active Skills:
Alchemy - 2/6

Arithmetic- 1/6
Artistic Aesthetics - 0/6
Astrology - 0/7
Sleight-of-Hand - 0/5
Stealth - 1/5
Traps - 2/6

Passive Skills:
Astra Affinity - 1/7

Drinking - 0/8
Etiquette - 0/5
Intimidation - 0/4
Speech - 0/4
giphy.gif

How are any of you still doubting our grandmother?
In before her training was as Aztec ritual that required us to kill Liz and Sophie and eat their hearts. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
In before her training was as Aztec ritual that required us to kill Liz and Sophie and eat their hearts.
Look, I loved our big sister, but let's be real: this is the most useful she's been since she showed us how to change Rain's diapers.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In all seriousness though, I think part of this is that we are in for some sort of time skip.

That or part of this was just treave going back and making updates to our character sheet that he forgot about before. :M

Absinthe

Arcane
I think it's mostly the fact that we're in for a hectic trip crossing so many floors. Anyway, these boosts are pretty nice. I wonder what skills the girls are developing on this trip. Looks like we're all developing some of the hunter/knight skillset.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
“That’s quite the way down,” she frowns, adjusting her spectacles. “It would be at least two weeks of travel without an airship, even if you knew the way. At any rate, you were attacked, you say? By what?”
Timeskip, definitely. Although it's a pretty fast learning rate for merely a couple weeks.

I wonder what is going to happen once we are back in the village. Are we just going to stay there as if nothing happened? The ship has probably long since departed, and the search for the missing kids has stopped... and the rumors of Wrinkly leading the girls to their death have spread, no thanks to Scotty. But I wonder if Nathaniel is still around, and if he isn't suspicious of us knowing about his involvement.

Edit:
+10 hunters association rep :incline:
-10 Scotsfield Village Father McClellan rep. :decline:
But that one is old news. I guess you win some, you lose some.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Sea of Sand (II)

“Water!” Elizabeth runs towards the oasis, kicking up sand in her wake. Her energy has barely ebbed, and the redhead continues to be as excitable despite the heat. Sophie sighs, fanning herself as she trudges along. By the time you arrive under the shade of the palm trees, Elizabeth is already splashing around in the water happily. Sophie can only shrug, having given up on lecturing her about being like a lady.

According to Tlalli, you are still another day away from the next set of stairs down. After pointing you towards the oasis, the old hunter had temporarily parted ways to scout out the path to the stairs, so that there were no more untoward surprises. You were told to set up camp here and wait for her return.

As you roll out the tent, you think back on the association that Tlalli belonged to. The Hunter’s Association was what she called it, but apparently it was officially known as the Association for the Hunting of Mysterious Affairs, and it was headquartered in Londinium. Formed around 200 years ago as an Enlightenment group investigating the Tower, they discovered a gradual increase in supernatural phenomena; strange beasts and monsters never before recorded began to manifest within the Tower. Their investigations of these manifestations were purely academic at first, but soon the scholars found themselves at the forefront of the resolution of these cases wherever the monsters preyed on humans. Their objectives grew – not only would they investigate these phenomena; they would also venture to protect humanity from it.

To that end, the modern day Association collaborates with various religious organizations holding sway in the Tower, and of course, the higher-ups of the Council, who have also become privy to this knowledge. However, they remain careful about their activities. Tlalli did not give you many details, but she impressed upon you that the fundamental rule that the Association follows is to conceal its actions as well as the monsters under a masquerade of sorts. It seems that the founders of the Association suspected that widespread knowledge of these monsters would, for some reason, give rise to even more of them.

At present, the Association operates in individual cells; teams scattered across the floors which keep a look out for monsters and hunt them down, especially ones which have preyed upon humans. Their main headquarters remains in Londinium, although they have branch offices in most of the large cities. When you pointed out that Tlalli is operating alone, she only snorted and said that she didn’t need a team. You get the impression that she might be unique even amongst the Hunters.

“What are you thinking about? Your little baby?”

Stirred from your thoughts, you look at Elizabeth, who is standing over you with her hands on her hips. You shake your head.

“Well, that’s surprising,” she says. “I thought you would be more worried about her.”

“I am,” you say simply. You want nothing more than to get back to Scotsfield, but you are also aware that you cannot rush things at the moment. That would only put you and everyone else in danger. After all, it is not like you know the way back from here – you have to rely solely on Tlalli, even if you do not feel easy about that.

Elizabeth catches the uneasiness you feel, and laughs. “Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll be fine. There’s more people in the village better at taking care of a baby than you are.”

You give her a wan smile and nod. “I guess you’re right.”

“Oh, bother, still not much for words, are you? You’d rather read those books the old missus gave you than talk to me, eh? The ones you’ve been reading every night?”

“Well…” You are not used to talking for long periods of time still, having spent most of your life without conducting a proper conversation.

“Or could it be that you want to talk, but aren’t good at it?” she asks, a finger on her chin. “If so, I don’t mind being your partner for it. As they say, practice makes perfect! We can do it while setting up camp, right?”

You can see Sophie glancing this way, frowning.

A. You decide to accept Elizabeth’s offer to practice conversation.

B. You ask if Sophie wants to join in and talk.

C. You turn down the offer – you would rather focus on setting up the tent and going back to reading your books.​

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Decided to cut the update in half, will be closing votes sooner, in around 24 hours from now.

Baltika9

Arcane
A>B

We really need to get better at socializing. And Elizabeth is, of course, best girl.
Oh, and we definitely need to become Tlalli's apprentice. That old bat can apparently do whatever she wants.
:lol:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tlalli did not give you many details, but she impressed upon you that the fundamental rule that the Association follows is to conceal its actions as well as the monsters under a masquerade of sorts. It seems that the founders of the Association suspected that widespread knowledge of these monsters would, for some reason, give rise to even more of them.
So apparently people were right when they said that belief makes things true in the Tower.

The PRAY option just got ten times more attractive!

I would have you know, Baltika9, that it is because of your reckless act that we can not channel Tezcatlipoca through our body to purge demons like Tlalli does, but have to resort to crude methods like a knife. Although we also don't have to perform child sacrifice to pay for the borrowed power, so it might be a wash. :M

Wait, can mythical creatures exist outside the Tower? Would the belief of entire humanity have sway over what the Tower manifests, or is it only the cultures/people who find their way in? If it is the former, then we might be sitting on a powderkeg as a single intrepid reporter might cause a monster explosion the likes of which Final Fantasy VIII would be jealous of. If it is the latter, then we may be looking at the prey/predator cycle. Might explain where the previous occupants of the tower went.

A. You decide to accept Elizabeth’s offer to practice conversation.

Proper ladies can sit there and pout properly. We need to liven up.

Baltika9

Arcane
Proper ladies can sit there and pout properly. We need to liven up
Yeah, I'm afraid that Sophie might thot-patrol Elizabeth. Flopping to A.

I would have you know, Baltika9, that it is because of your reckless act that we can not channel Tezcatlipoca through our body to purge demons like Tlalli does, but have to resort to crude methods like a knife.
You are right Nevill. I fear that I have committed a grievous sin:
And the Fist God spake, "You need to cut out the hearts with a knife?"
I must do penance.
Women need to shut up and not interfere with honing our mental faculties.
db2.gif

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Definitely A. Come on Codex, this is basic shit 101. If we ignore Sophie and give our attention to Elizabeth, she's going to get jealous and start to compete with Elizabeth. Bitches want what they can't have.

Of course, if we really tick Sophie off this could lead to her badmouthing us to Father McClellan. But eh, it'll be fine. We saved her life when the Cannibal Duke came anyway.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
A

Elizabeth is 10x more interesting than Sophie, so yes please

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom