Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pretty funny to watch a whole thread reinvent every aspect of a wheel I just posted.
f21a73e72924823668666a1d47e45e18.png

You could even increase the base for arbitrary precision. True genius.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Desiderius, Lawntoilet (and whoever is alpha testing the game), I have two questions (if you can even answer questions at this stage of the alpha):
- is Share Spells in the game? Kickstarter stretch goals gave me the impression that they want to focus on animal companions, so its absence would be quite strange;
- are casters able to dismiss their spells with a duration longer than instantaneous? One of the worst feeling in Kingmaker was knowing that you had to go through your own spells at the end of the encounter... most of the times that made me avoid using certain spells altogether.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Desiderius, Lawntoilet (and whoever is alpha testing the game), I have two questions (if you can even answer questions at this stage of the alpha):
- is Share Spells in the game? Kickstarter stretch goals gave me the impression that they want to focus on animal companions, so its absence would be quite strange;
- are casters able to dismiss their spells with a duration longer than instantaneous? One of the worst feeling in Kingmaker was knowing that you had to go through your own spells at the end of the encounter... most of the times that made me avoid using certain spells altogether.
Unsure about Share Spells.
I haven't found a way to dismiss your spells. I know there is a Kingmaker mod that includes it (Eldritch Arcana probably) and it is super handy, so probably mods will fix it if Owlcat don't.

Sykar

Arcane
Unsure about Share Spells.
I haven't found a way to dismiss your spells. I know there is a Kingmaker mod that includes it (Eldritch Arcana probably) and it is super handy, so probably mods will fix it if Owlcat don't.

If you mean lingering AoE spells, there are three mods that offer it. EA, CotW and there is a stand alone mod iirc that does it, too.

Desiderius

Patron
On the plus side it does help noobs learn not to try to spam Grease and Web the whole game and actually use their more powerful high level spells.

I don’t use them much even with the mod because it’s such a pain to stay out of the area of effect.

Sykar

Arcane
On the plus side it does help noobs learn not to try to spam Grease and Web the whole game and actually use their more powerful high level spells.

I don’t use them much even with the mod because it’s such a pain to stay out of the area of effect.

I love those spells, though my current favorite is Ice Slick though thanks to tight AoE.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question: Is there any way to know how much time a Web spell is going to be on the floor? I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a newbie, but it is legitimately one of the few things I cannot seem to find information about.

Desiderius

Patron
Question: Is there any way to know how much time a Web spell is going to be on the floor? I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a newbie, but it is legitimately one of the few things I cannot seem to find information about.

Minute/caster level

IOW, too long

Desiderius

Patron

I love those spells, though my current favorite is Ice Slick though thanks to tight AoE.

Slow is enemies only and does more. Kin Water Wild Talent Slick is nice because it's just instantaneous.

PsychoSlick.jpg

All the Pit spells are progressively advanced Grease spells as well.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You just need to check the duration of the spell before casting it. If it's something like round/level, you have to wait a couple of minutes at worst; if it's minute/level (or worse), the only reasonable way of waiting out the effect that doesn't involve leaving the computer or killing yourself is to make camp and rest.

If it's an effect caused by an enemy, I don't think there's a way to find out any information about its length.

Desiderius

Patron
I wasted ten minutes, and most of my buffs, waiting for Tristian to make in out of a Web/Grease combo my first time through VTomb.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasted ten minutes, and most of my buffs, waiting for Tristian to make in out of a Web/Grease combo my first time through VTomb.
Same thing happened to me when I fought the Stag Lord for the first time, though it was less than 5 minutes in my case.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Depending how many buffs I have up,how close they are to expiring, and how many encounters I figure are left on the map, I often just use the rest button to skip an hour so I can explore the area beyond my Web or Entangle.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
it is legitimately one of the few things I cannot seem to find information about.
Have you tried looking at the in-game description?

View attachment 13328
I really hate all this web like spells,they do stay after the battle and in BG games you couldn't save before them expiring :(
Those spells are dismissable with a standard action on tabletop 3.5 and Pathfinder. I wish Owlcat had that functionality in the base game, but the already mentioned mods worked well enough.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But then I suppose I'm just doing it wrong...
Of course you doing it wrong) Stormwalker is such example of the good class feature sacrificed for the useless trash that I am surprised that it was ever brought to power-gaming discussion.
Pet (or party buffs from Freebooter) is an only reason to go Ranger and losing it for the flashy arrows is ridiculous.

And Scythe is probably the worst imaginable two-hander in the game (and falchinons are not far behind), because when best strategy is heaping dice-size-increments with Enlarge/Legendary Proportions/Lead Blades (one of the best Ranger's spell) - 2d4/1d8 base damage is like a death sentence.

Ok, lets all just ignore the argument initiated by Desiderius. The fact is that it is less absurd for me to state that the Ranger class is shit, that other classes do what it does better, and that it can be made more powerful by multiclassing than for desiderius to state that it is the most powerful class in the game.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
The fact is that it is less absurd for me to state that the Ranger class is shit, that other classes do what it does better, and that it can be made more powerful by multiclassing
If other classes do what it does better and if multiclassing makes it more powerful that doesn't automatically mean the class is shit, so those are different statements.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here are the facts:
>Pets are stupid
>Base rangers gets pets
>That makes base Ranger stupid
>Ranger gets access to spells to buff self and pet
>That means even more stupid
>Freebooter is another best class. Brings utility to group play.

Here's your problem Chippy, your testing a solo character without making use of buffs or other things. You can't see the value of Freebooter because your running a solo character at level 20 one shooting enemies in the DLC dungeon. You can't see the value of pets because you haven't bothered to buff it properly.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Alpha Extension

Dear Pathfinders!

We’re all so excited for the release of Wrath of the Righteous, it’s no wonder that so many of you decided to participate in the alpha test, to be among the first crusaders to experience the new game. Thanks to your help, we’re getting a ton of invaluable feedback: we have already planned some changes for the game using the information we got from you, and we’ll be posting a separate update about that soon. But today we have another piece of great news that we want to share with you!

Our alpha testers have been asking us to make the testing period longer so they can play a little bit more. We also know that there are still some people who would like to participate in the alpha, even though the test is about to end. Well, we’ve heard you! So we’ve decided to extend the alpha test – the current version will be available on Steam for the next two months at least.

We will soon stop collecting feedback for the current alpha version, but all the alpha testers and those who decide to jump into the Alpha Early Access now can still play the available version and take part in the second stage of testing, which will take place by the end of the summer. The next alpha version will contain some new content and we will be happy to hear your thoughts on it through a new series of surveys.

The crusade goes on!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2849347

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Good news for Codexers who got their alpha key late.

I wonder if people will be allowed to stream the second stage.

Desiderius

Patron
The fact is that it is less absurd for me to state that the Ranger class is shit, that other classes do what it does better, and that it can be made more powerful by multiclassing
If other classes do what it does better and if multiclassing makes it more powerful that doesn't automatically mean the class is shit, so those are different statements.

You left off the second half of his comparison.

I would have agreed with chippy if I'd only put in less than 100 hours.

After 2,500 I don't. Listen to whom you like.

And chippy, with that attitude you'll continue to suck.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

You left off the second half of his comparison.
I already gave my thoughts on the content of his argument, just pointing out an issue with its structure.

Desiderius

Patron
I already gave my thoughts on the content of his argument, just pointing out an issue with its structure.

He was listing, not implying a causative relation. For him his own ipse dixit is compelling. In other words, he thinks his own shit doesn't stink, which is the sort of thing that keeps one from gaining a better understanding of anything, this game included.

He seems like a bright kid. He'll figure it out sooner or later.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those spells are dismissable with a standard action on tabletop 3.5 and Pathfinder. I wish Owlcat had that functionality in the base game, but the already mentioned mods worked well enough.
This is what I wanted to learn, essentially. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom