Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Interrogation: You will be deceived (by the developer, if you think it's a noire detective story)

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So I picked this thing up because it had good reviews and I was hoping for a cool mystery, investigative thing, but it's filled with LGBT shite.

One of the guys on your team is "autistic" and "non-gendered".

Half the dialog is about politics and feminism and, frankly, the evil organization you're supposed to pursue is ludicrous.

Basically you end up finding out pretty quickly that they have like 6 different ideologies and they get their members to get along with each other by not letting them speak to one another. Which is pretty stupid when you consider they way they organize is online and nothing online stays a secret for long.

The most cringy part of the game was an in-depth discussion of political science with a female college professor.

There's some occasional fun interrogation stuff, but this politics shit is not what I bought a detective game for:

2/10, wish I had pirated it.

distant

Learned
Is this just a CYOA style game? Any interesting mechanics? Difficult puzzles/cases?

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
anita.jpg

:hmmm:
:prosper:

Is this just a CYOA style game? Any interesting mechanics? Difficult puzzles/cases?
There are a few puzzles, but none of the puzzles are difficult. Just assemble the shredded paper or whatever. Happens twice.

The cases can be a little tricky at times, but only because you have to hunt through big dialog trees for the right answers.

You are supposed to either establish a rapport or intimidate them or a little or both and sometimes there is a time limit when a bomb is about to go off or something. I enjoyed the “gameplay” aspects of that, as you’re just picking different dialog options and monitoring the result and I even failed a few times.

There are a few choices and consequences style things and you can even try to join the terrorists, but the actual words are so frequently sjw political science mumbo-jumbo that it really soured my experience.

I’d recommend pirating it if you’re curious. It’s on GOG, so there’s probably a version of it out there for free.

You should at least get to the college professor before you decide whether or not to buy it. That’s where I lost all hope that this would be what I wanted it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

J1M

Arcane
Seems like a product that obviously needed voice over work.

Seems like a product that obviously needed voice over work.
Having to hear some sjw voice actor say this shit would be even worse tbh.
Seeing that in the trailer might have saved you from making a bad purchase.
To be honest, you won't know for sure until you're midway through the game.

First it's "oh, the guy is some faggot autist...um...ok...", then it's "huh, getting a little wordy with the politics shit. how does this help us stop buildings from exploding?". By the time you really realize just how bad it is, you're already halfway through the game with no chance of a refund.

PIRATE BEFORE YOU BUY.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sadly indie devs are the thin end of the wedge of SJWism infiltrating vidya games. Its a shame because its also the best place for innovation and quality games compared to AAA.

J1M

Arcane
One of the guys on your team is "autistic" and "non-gendered".

Half the dialog is about politics and feminism and, frankly, the evil organization you're supposed to pursue is ludicrous.

Literally all you need to know.
Yeah, and easy enough to conclude from the art style.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom