Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Baltika9

Arcane
If it's something ridiculous we'll leave and set up camp within sight of the oasis so Tlalli can come scoop us. If it's within the realm of possibility, we must give it a go.
Bro, I'm all in for B, but I think the choice implies that we won't have the option to back out of it. D is reasonable, yeah, but also gay as fuck, but I want to be sure that we all know what we're getting into.

I'm voting for B because these tribesmen are being dicks: yeah, they have rights to the oasis, but kicking off poor kids into the desert is a dick move. Wrinkly is a character who stands up to such unrighteousness.

Edit: also, I really want to take their challenge, beat it and earn their respect to make friends with them.

All treave LPs are anime in some way. You have to be suspicious! The way she cuts in while he was talking makes me raise an eyebrow.
...you mean we have a second shot at a proper Yunzi romance?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bro, I'm all in for B, but I think the choice implies that we won't have the option to back out of it.
Yup. We've seen enough of those LPs to know where this is going. Besides, it would not make any sense from a narrative standpoint.

If the challenge were something we could back out of, the conditions would have been laid down in this update as Wrinkly (or more likely, Liz) would have pushed the matter.

The decision we are making is whether to take a risk without knowing what it entails.
Like that one time we accepted a mission from a crime boss of Youxia City, and then found out to our immense shock he was asking us to commit a crime against the State.
...you mean we have a second shot at a proper Yunzi romance?
Nah, this time the waifu line is already formed.

It could also be the leader's son. :oops:
I'm voting for B because these tribesmen are being dicks: yeah, they have rights to the oasis, but kicking off poor kids into the desert is a dick move. Wrinkly is a character who stands up to such unrighteousness.
I guess Wrinkly doesn't see anything wrong with touching Andrew's bum?
That was much more of a dick move in all senses of the word. :M

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, regardless I say we have to go with B. Those are the cards that have been dealt to us and we can't back down now. I'm sure it will all work out fine and we'll be with Rain right on schedule!

Baltika9

Arcane
Like that one time we accepted a mission from a crime boss of Youxia City, and then found out to our immense shock he was asking us to commit a crime against the State.
Except this dude is some sort of tribal or merchant leader, and his group has a claim on this land which is legitimate according to the laws that govern this floor.
I guess Wrinkly doesn't see anything wrong with touching Andrew's bum?
That was much more of a dick move in all senses of the word. :M
Lul, there is precious little that we could have done anyway. We actually have a chance here.
Nah, this time the waifu line is already formed.

It could also be the leader's son. :oops:
Good. That means we can make a friend here. Nothing brings two men together like the manly art of wrestling.
:salute:

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm OK with B, knowing our luck of course we'll end up separated from at least one of the girls and Tlalli and find ourselves 10 floors away after another whirlwind chase scene

Orbit

Scholar
Voting for the level-headed option with D as we've already took all the fun options in Legend. Now it's time for some :balance:.

Besides, the challenge is probably something stupid. Like drinking them all under the table..

Baltika9

Arcane
===Tally===
A - 0
B - 8
C - 0
D - 8
E - 0

Baltika9 - B
asxetos - B
hello friend - B
CappenVarra - B>D
ItsChon - B>D
Lambchop19 - B>D
Absinthe - B
Azira - B

Nevill - D
Tigranes - D
Egosphere - D
Orbit - D
Kalarion - D
Grimgravy - D>B
ERYFKRAD - D
Kz3r0 - D

===

I'm OK with B, knowing our luck of course we'll end up separated from at least one of the girls and Tlalli and find ourselves 10 floors away after another whirlwind chase scene
Likewise, I'm okay with D. To be fair, knowing our luck, the area outside of the oasis will be struck by a Djinn named Andhaira who can only be stopped by the Magic Desert Princess who just so happens to be with this group of nomads.

Guys, we came out here to seek adventure, so let's take this challenge and earn the nomads' respect and possibly make some good friends. Yeah, we're not in tip-top shape, but we have a solid skillset and good instincts. Whatever this test is, be it desert survival or a manly wrestling match, I think we'll be able to pass it without Shulgi ruining everything.

Also, this is quite possibly a team trial and their chief is underestimating us:
“How do we go about earning that right, then?”

The man falls quiet while his people murmur amongst themselves. One of the smaller figures, a child of about your height, steps forward with a shout, shaking their fist. The man holds the child back firmly, muttering some words in his language. Then, he speaks once more to you, with an air of finality. “We have our traditions. But I doubt ones such as you would succeed. I will say no more. Leave.”
He sees three soft (read: civilized-looking) kids, two of whom are rather soft-looking girls. He doesn't know that we have Astras, or that Elizabeth is an aspiring Lara Croft, or that Wrinkly is hardcore. It'll be fun and a good bonding experience.

TL;DR: doo eet, you can blame me if it fails.

D. You guys are nuts :D I want to get home, recover our DEX, and check in with Rain.
This.
Et tu, ERYFKRAD?
:(

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Yes, when trouble comes to us we fight and we take risks doing so. But we aren't (yet) a battle addict who has to obsessively say yes to every gauntlet we see that we really have nothing to do with and nothing much to gain - especially when that means needlessly risking our ability to see Rain again and to return our kind benefactor, the one dude who treated us very decently, his daughter.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yes, when trouble comes to us we fight and we take risks doing so. But we aren't (yet) a battle addict who has to obsessively say yes to every gauntlet we see that we really have nothing to do with and nothing much to gain - especially when that means needlessly risking our ability to see Rain again and to return our kind benefactor, the one dude who treated us very decently, his daughter.
True. Though there's been no mention of a battle here.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, maybe their gauntlet will turn out to be a nice game of tic tac toe. Kind of doubt it, though. I'm not wailing and screaming that B will get us all killed - as I said it's fine. I'm just voting D because I think Wrinkly likes adventure, but he's not so flippant and self-centered to sign up for every optional mysterious challenge when he's got Rain to go back to.

Orbit

Scholar
Don't forget that Tlalli is trusting us to keep the girls safe. We can't just go worm riding whenever we feel like it. We've got responsibility. (We can go murder the nomads when they're sleeping).

Baltika9

Arcane
We don't know how soon Tlalli will return. She may realistically be delayed. That water may come in handy.
We can't just go worm riding whenever we feel like it.
tenor.gif

Nahel

Arcane
Can't decide between D and B despite D being the obvious reasonable choice. I will let codex drama decide.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, I noticed that Elizabeth didn't say 'please' even once during her conversation with the chief; she's been really confrontational, actually.

Would they be more inclined to listen if we ask politely to stay, with the word 'please' included? This is a serious question, even though I assume the answer is no.

Can't decide between D and B despite D being the obvious reasonable choice. I will let codex drama decide.
We're kinda low on drama for this one.
+M

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Elizabeth has been turning more and more feral because of hanging out with you and Tlalli, unfortunately. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
Elizabeth has been turning more and more feral because of hanging out with you and Tlalli, unfortunately.
So she's going full Beast Mode?
:incline::incline::incline:

We should probably keep that going. Feral = fun, and she's more likely to join us as an adventurer if we awaken her inner wildwoman.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom