Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey, better a broken server than a broken game, right?
What if the game relies on the server?
Then you enter a Fallout 76 scenario.

Now I have my account on their forum, but it's still not linked to the backer portal one. They sure decided to go for a needlessly complex solution here. What's their goal? To bring more people to their forum? I'm certainly not interested in using it after this experience...

Still, we have to endure the pain and keep fighting. The kitsune menace needs to be eradicated!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Kitsunes will win, unless someone manages to hack this poll and even if by some miracle kitsunes lose, people will mod it into the game. I an not saying that is a bad or good thing. I honestly don't care about any race in this poll. I can be a dhampir sorcerer, so i an happy with it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, I'm hopeful ratfolk will win. All the unofficial polls suggest it's a close call but rats win out.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's always a balancing act when creating races. On one hand, you want them to not be boring, on the other you want them to not be too special snowflake-y. I think the rats fit the bill perfectly. They aren't a lineage of "original do not steal" type creations like tieflings, aasimar, genasi, dragon-kin, or whatever the kids are into these days, but they also aren't shorter humans with bad lore.

toroks

Educated
I can see how ratfolk beeing a small race counts a little bit down for them, though, with how their damage nerf is implemented here. I wouldn't really feel like choosing a small race, for melee or ranged at least. Maybe as a wizard, but I'm more into spontaneous casters.

Small races would be more popular if they were implemented like in NWN, doing full damage, just being limited to smaller weapon types.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can see how ratfolk beeing a small race counts a little bit down for them, though, with how their damage nerf is implemented here. I wouldn't really feel like choosing a small race, for melee or ranged at least. Maybe as a wizard, but I'm more into spontaneous casters.

Small races would be more popular if they were implemented like in NWN, doing full damage, just being limited to smaller weapon types.
I'm not sure if you're serious. Being small is almost always a big advantage, no pun intended. Nevermind that all available small races are shit, especially compared to ratfolk.

The drop in damage is absolutely negligible past the first levels, and gets less relevant for each level beyknd that. Nevermind that Ratfolk have easy access to natural attacks in the tabletop, notably being able to get Bite, which you can stack with the much easier-to-aquire claws of countless classes and builds.

Rat King

Educated

Lacrymas

Arcane
Also, rats are disgusting.
61vXP0hqsjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Look at its cute little face.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
300 more votes and kitsune maintain the 19% lead.

Also, rats are disgusting.
I see not much difference between dogs and rats. Both of them are garbage scavengers and parasitic in nature. Now cats,they are alpha predators.
I've seen way more cats scrounging in the garbage than dogs.
And when dogs do go feral, they are much more alpha chad predators than feral cats, they kill and eat people like a true apex predator, unlike little kitties that just kill birds and rabbits and shit.
Also, look at their owners: cats are the choice pet of lonely, single, apartment-dwellers, whereas prestigious and wealthy landowning men prefer dogs.

Cats are fine but dogs are the patrician's choice.

AliceAlcina

Learned
I've seen way more cats scrounging in the garbage than dogs.
And when dogs do go feral, they are much more alpha chad predators than feral cats, they kill and eat people like a true apex predator, unlike little kitties that just kill birds and rabbits and shit.
Also, look at their owners: cats are the choice pet of lonely, single, apartment-dwellers, whereas prestigious and wealthy landowning men prefer dogs.

Cats are fine but dogs are the patrician's choice.

Dogs, go, go.

Although, I would really like both Kitsune, ratfolk and catfolk in upcoming Wrath dlcs. It sucked ass we couldn't add additional 50 dollars for dlcs right at the kickstarter. I would gladly pay 100$ for big meaty dlcs for this super good upcoming game. I already paid 150 on kickstarter alone.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dogs serves as hunting, tracking, guide dog, guard(...) companions. Rats and cats are useless and kitsunes only serves to furry weird tastes.

Dogs can kill Boars and Pumas, Foxes, Rats and Cats can't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom