Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5 games you always come back to

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
1. Pong
2. PacMan
3. Space Invaders
4. Asteroids
5. Duck Hunt

My impression of you guys.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I ALWAYS PLAY FALLOUT EVERY 6 MONTH TO REMIND MYSELF OF TRUE CRPG GREATNESS

I ALSO WHIP MYSELF TO INSTILL IN MY FEEBLE BODY TRUE DISCIPLINE

Eh I probablement haven't played Fallout in about 15 years. Doubt I'll ever play it again either. Gonna cry about this are you

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gothic
I kind of prefer the setting and more focused storyline of this one but this could have been Gothic 1 & 2

Wizardry 8
One of those games I simply never uninstall and every time I see a good review (like the recent sseth one) I simply roll a new party and back to the fray my friends

Morrowind
Another mainstay for the last 2 decades, just found a mod that fixes the meshes to make it run stable for my laptop and replaying it mostly vanilla but with some patches and fixes and it is as great as ever

Dark Souls
The ultimate comfort game for me; I can replay it almost in automatic and just simply enjoy the heck out of it with a new build or trying out the Switch port... heck I have this for almost all my gaming devices but my phone

Stalker
Another game that I always replay; the constant barrage of interesting mods, overhauls make it endlessly replayable

Honorable mention (since some might quibble over Stalker or Dark Souls)
New Vegas
Might and Magic 3 Isles of Terra

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
1. Pong
2. PacMan
3. Space Invaders
4. Asteroids
5. Duck Hunt

When i read lists like
- Morrowind
- Diablo
- Dark souls
- Insert 2 other turds here

I'll pick your list any day
  1. Space Invaders
  2. Duck Hunt
  3. Pong
So with such powerful machismo and KKKodex badassery where are your picks bub? Or are you one of those I just read the articles kind of snowflake?

Silly Germans

Games that always find their way unto my hard drive are

BG1/2
F.E.A.R.
Thief1/2
Supreme Commander 1
HoMM3

I don't think i could list 5 rpgs that i replay regularly. I think i have played the titles on top almost every year or at least every second year. I did play some rpgs a bunch of times but not as often as these titles. Rpgs that come to mind are Gothic 2, Fallout 1/2 and Fallout Tactics, Icewind Dale 1/2, Deus Ex, Mass Effect 1-3.

Sodafish

Arcane
Deus Ex
System Shock 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC or CoP
Baldur's Gate 2 + TOB

It's not like I play these regularly, but given enough time they will get reinstalled again.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only games I replay time after time are Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim and Rise of Nations.
I replayed BG1, Desperados, Thief 1 a couple of times. Other than that? I don't replay games.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Pretty sure this didn't say RPGs when I first replied, but maybe I fucked up. Either way...

Morrowind - Already listed, blew my mind at the time. Favorite "world" to get lost in.
Fallout - Made me fall in love with RPGs, wonderful everything and the music triggers dopamine.
Lands of Lore - My first RPG and has tons of nostalgic feels. Also dope music and DOS cutscenes.
Deus Ex - It's considered a full RPG here, but also has FPS and stealth which I love too. Might be my favorite game overall.

Not sure there's another I go to for nostalgia comfort food, but I'll say Arcanum comes closest. I played it late and was much older, but still loved the shit out of it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
RPGs -
1. BG1
2. NWN1
3. Fallout 1
4. ToME
5. KotOR2

Non-RPGs -
1. Warcraft 3
2. Mortal Kombat 3 or 9
3. Deus Ex 1
4. Thief
5. Grim Dawn

There are more in both categories, though.

Zlaja

Arcane
Stick to 5 rpgs otherwise this is gonna turn into a two types of list thread and fuck that shit. Also, don't include an entire series of games into a single slot because that's just lame.

My list:

Gothic 2 (my favorite action RPG)
Deus Ex (this storyline would have never been allowed today lol)
Morrowind (love the alien setting)
Diablo 2 (with the PlugY mod)
Arcanum (i love making new characters in this one)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom