Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ that last earnings report.

:takemymoney:
Where are you reading it? I googled the term but I only get Google's default statistics layout (which show 2.51% growth in share price and other good things)

Naraya

Arcane
Where are you reading it? I googled the term but I only get Google's default statistics layout (which show 2.51% growth in share price and other good things)
Well, as a shareholder I receive this stuff directly from the mothership. I can upload it somewhere but it's in polish?

It's public anyway so:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2020/05/spr_fin_-2020_q1_espi.pdf
https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2020/05/spr_fin_-2020_q1_signed.pdf

ChildInTime

Learned
Well, as a shareholder I receive this stuff directly from the mothership. I can upload it somewhere but it's in polish?

It's public anyway so:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2020/05/spr_fin_-2020_q1_espi.pdf
https://www.cdprojekt.com/pl/wp-content/uploads-pl/2020/05/spr_fin_-2020_q1_signed.pdf
So, did they earn you a lot of dollars?

Danikas

Arcane
So journalists will get to play the game in june it seems.

Ef6rMXV.jpg

Taken from their Q1 presentation:
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...5/cd-projekt_earnings-presentation_q12020.pdf

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Black Lives Matter except when blacks are killing blacks.

How about they spend more time trying to make their game not shit instead of virtue signaling about the death of a guy that pointed his gun at the belly of a pregnant woman?

Fucking Poles.

Also, is "importnat discussion" how you spell "riot, loot and murder" in Polish?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sony released pretty much the same statement today about their June 4th show.

It's funny how companies are giving an "estimate" about when the protests should settle down.

The funny thing about it is how presumptuous the statement is. More important discussions are happening right now so we're pushing our event back...because if we didn't those important discussions would be totally eclipsed by our game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Honk honk yourselves brainlets
dlklj4c.jpg

I wonder if the author of this retarded snobbish drawing ever read Neuromancer... you know, the original classic novel which Pondsmith ripped off and copied nearly in every aspect.
Because none of those themes are within the book but "technology and the body" is, "reality and perception, addiction and dependency, self interest versus human connection, identity and personhood"
Those themes are morelike concocted by a leftist in the Green Peace corps and readily slapped on the cyberpunk genre for him to feel superior over the "uncultured and unrefined plebs".

"Cyberpunk is not about saving humanity, is about saving yourself" - Mike Pondsmith, 2013

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Honk honk yourselves brainlets
dlklj4c.jpg

To someone from 200 years ago we're already living in a "cool future" but we see the problems in our era only because we have to live in it, and it's difficult to anticipate what societal changes it takes to develop technology to levels that can barely be imagined by visionaries. Ungrounded idealism in visions of future is dangerous, as is the so called "future shock" that would follow if someone travelled back in time and upgraded an archaic society with modern technology.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
The funny thing about it is how presumptuous the statement is. More important discussions are happening right now so we're pushing our event back...because if we didn't those important discussions would be totally eclipsed by our game.
Indeed. It's either a PR move or they hope the protests to die down by then, so the people are more focused on buying the game when it comes out.

It's definitely a PR move. And one it seems everyone is being cornered into. It looks like Google did it firsts with some Android 11 announcement, then EA with some Madden event, then Sony with their big PS5 event, and now this Cyberpunk 2077. Now it seems nobody want to be the only one on the block to not delay their event.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Very effective PR move indeed - now I despise American lowlifes even more than I did previously for messing up my videogames news cycle.

:whatho:

Silverfish

Arbiter

"People don't understand the depths of my literary genre that's really just a visual aesthetic." Steampunk fans are more honest.

How about they spend more time trying to make their game not shit instead of virtue signaling about the death of a guy that pointed his gun at the belly of a pregnant woman?

In fairness, the latter is much easier. And who wouldn't be tapped out after ricocheting bullets, genital customization and arm swords or whatever?

Also, is "importnat discussion" how you spell "riot, loot and murder" in Polish?

Yes, but with one of those weird O's with the line through it.

norolim

Arcane
It's definitely a PR move. And one it seems everyone is being cornered into. It looks like Google did it firsts with some Android 11 announcement, then EA with some Madden event, then Sony with their big PS5 event, and now this Cyberpunk 2077. Now it seems nobody want to be the only one on the block to not delay their event.
I'm not postponing my event. No fucking chance.

odrzut

Arcane
This pic is kinda retarded. What hedonism in a genre where 85 to 99% of the population is beyond poor?

What does it matter how much of the population is poor if the rich make the planet unliveable in next 100 years for those sweet sweet bonuses.

AwesomeButton

Patron
When talk about "the Global Village" was in fashion in the 90s I never expected it would be based around the acknowledgement that people are the same retards all around the world. The Global village is full of village idiots.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom