Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games with Ghost Ships anyone?

Red Hatter

Novice
Long story short: Ghost ships are great, there are many games with them out there, but I probably don't know them all.
So what I'm looking for are games that feature 'ghost ships' as a main setting. They may be obscure or not so much, great or trash and if you have played them, I'm of course curious about your thoughts in a preferably spoiler-free way.

(Edit: Thought it would be nice to make a quick list of suggestions, with criteria 'main setting', 'sea or space', 'ghosts and/or biohazard'. And thanks for all your comments on my post!)

Summary:

Echo Night
Return of the Obra Dinn
DPA: Man of Medan
Resident Evil Gaiden
Black Sails
Close to the Sun
The Secret of Monkey Island (not very much inside one, but LeChuck insisted)
Prey
System Shock
Cold Fear
Cryostasis

Last edited:

nobre

Cipher
Bro, have I got just the game for you! Hearts of Iron 2, from way back when Paradox was still good, had not just ghost ships, but entire ghost fleets. Das rite bruh, ENTIRE GROUPS of ghost ships.

What happened is that the AI was building ships, and already assigned those to fleets. So you could be bombing ghost fleets in a port. Also, ghost carriers could attack your ports, if a fleet had carriers who where destroyed before the port strike mission ran out. Even better, ghost carriers attacking an empty port, completely demolishing it!

Hearts of Iron 2 is a real spooky game!

sser

Arcane
Developer
That's the basic setting of games like Prey and System Shock, just spaceships instead of wooden ones.

schru

Arcane
I haven't played either of these, but I think Cold Fear and Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason should count. Also, Alone in the Dark 2 revolves around a ghostship in a way.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
scummvm03229.png

overly excitable young man

Some guy who posts here made a game. I'm pretty sure it was called "der Geisterturm".

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I'm playing through Cryostasis right now. It's a horror FPS set in a Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker from the 60s. Pretty cool ghost ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom